R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default whats my car worth?

hi all just wanted to get a idea on how much this car is worth, i have it listed for a price and think its a fair price. well let me tell a little about it. it is the serpent 835, has a rb 7 port .12 motor. the motor and kit has about 5 tanks threw it so it is very clean. comes with over 400 bucks in parts that are new in package, some of the parts are 3-75 dollor items plus alot more. comes with a new in box rb .21 with new tuned pipe. also is carring bag and all the stuff in picture, thanks for your time all

Rcchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

[QUOTE=Rcchopper;11306869]hi all just wanted to get a idea on how much this car is worth, i have it listed for a price and think its a fair price. well let me tell a little about it. it is the serpent 835, has a rb 7 port .12 motor. the motor and kit has about 5 tanks threw it so it is very clean. comes with over 400 bucks in parts that are new in package, some of the parts are 3-75 dollor items plus alot more. comes with a new in box rb .21 with new tuned pipe. also is carring bag and all the stuff in picture, thanks for your time all

That is an RB X15 .15, not a .12. It is a 5 port square stroke engine.

Car seems to be in good shape, well taken care of.

The car only has value to a collector, so very hard to put a price on it... whoever buys it will probably have it as a display piece since it is impossible to find fresh rubber for it.
Wachsmann64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #3
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's freeeeeeeee

You should give me 200 to take it off your hands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcchopper View Post
hi all just wanted to get a idea on how much this car is worth, i have it listed for a price and think its a fair price. well let me tell a little about it. it is the serpent 835, has a rb 7 port .12 motor. the motor and kit has about 5 tanks threw it so it is very clean. comes with over 400 bucks in parts that are new in package, some of the parts are 3-75 dollor items plus alot more. comes with a new in box rb .21 with new tuned pipe. also is carring bag and all the stuff in picture, thanks for your time all

rc carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 05:23 AM   #4
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc carnage View Post
It's freeeeeeeee

Your either jealous or a cheapo ... Next
Old 10-10-2012, 05:27 AM   #5
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc carnage View Post
It's freeeeeeeee

[QUOTE=Wachsmann64;11307066]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcchopper View Post

That is an RB X15 .15, not a .12. It is a 5 port square

I just was on amain and ashford hobbies websites and they both have parts are you guys trying to low ball me on this you do t seem to be very accurate

That's strange the rubber tires I just saw at my local hobby shop and they fit the car what did you mean ???

Car seems to be in good shape, well taken care of.

The car only has value to a collector, so very hard to put a price on it... whoever buys it will probably have it as a display piece since it is impossible to find fresh rubber for it.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to hitcharide1
Default Hm

I have no idea what your car is worth, but the comments were entertaining. Were I you and determined to sell, I'd go straight to Ebay. I've noticed there are more than a few around here who will low-ball a price in order to get something cheap. I understand wanting to save a buck and get a deal, but quite often, someone with something for sale and no idea of the worth won't get a whole lot of help figuring it out, or get decent, honest offers. Unless you want to buy something from them, of course, in which case the price just tripled...lol. Do your own homework, search on the internet, find what something comparable has sold for, and go from there. I've found over the years that if you have a quality/rare item, it will do well, but you have to exercise some patience and wait it out. My two cents worth....
hitcharide1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:45 PM   #7
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitcharide1 View Post
I have no idea what your car is worth, but the comments were entertaining. Were I you and determined to sell, I'd go straight to Ebay. I've noticed there are more than a few around here who will low-ball a price in order to get something cheap. I understand wanting to save a buck and get a deal, but quite often, someone with something for sale and no idea of the worth won't get a whole lot of help figuring it out, or get decent, honest offers. Unless you want to buy something from them, of course, in which case the price just tripled...lol. Do your own homework, search on the internet, find what something comparable has sold for, and go from there. I've found over the years that if you have a quality/rare item, it will do well, but you have to exercise some patience and wait it out. My two cents worth....
the car is worth 300-500 depending on if you sell it as a package or by itself

As a package 300.00 - 500.00

Part it out, you will make more than what im quoting you.

also you can use your old rim's, buy "eletric" pan car foam tire's and glue them to your used rim's. i have done this for year's with great results'

if i dint already have 4 serpents in my collection i would offer to buy

Jesse
Teamgimpy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Default Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamgimpy72 View Post
the car is worth 300-500 depending on if you sell it as a package or by itself

As a package 300.00 - 500.00

Part it out, you will make more than what im quoting you.

also you can use your old rim's, buy "eletric" pan car foam tire's and glue them to your used rim's. i have done this for year's with great results'

if i dint already have 4 serpents in my collection i would offer to buy

Jesse
Kudos to you for shooting the man some straight info. Wish there were more around here would do the same.....
Old 10-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #9
Tech Initiate

Quote:
I have a NIB Serpent 835 and a few .15 big block engines including a NIB Rody Mod. X15 and a Ron Paris mod Novarossi.... I have no need to low ball anybody to buy their stuff. It is so easy to talk hiding behind a keyboard.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:05 AM   #10
Tech Addict

Default Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wachsmann64 View Post
I have a NIB Serpent 835 and a few .15 big block engines including a NIB Rody Mod. X15 and a Ron Paris mod Novarossi.... I have no need to low ball anybody to buy their stuff. It is so easy to talk hiding behind a keyboard.
First, I wasn't directly addressing you or anyone else for that matter, I was simply making a point that looking for a proper estimate around here is just a tad difficult since there are those that will low-ball.

Second, I've got a ton of Delta, a Thorp, and a bunch of other stuff. I've bought from others as well over the years and usually paid what they asked or, in some cases, offered a little more if I thought the deal wasn't fair to them.

Third, I am more than happy to say to anyones face what I say "behind a keyboard." I've been married and I've been to war so I don't have a whole lot left to fear on this earth. I'd suggest that if you took my comments to heart or thought them personally directed against you...well, that's your problem. I don't think I could care less but rest assured I will make every attempt to do so...lol. My entire motive in making my previous post was an attempt to help a person who asked for help, I gain neither way since I don't want the stuff myself, and I'd hope you'd see just how foolish and childish it is to make a comment like "behind a keyboard" when, unless I'm terribly mistaken, you're doing the same thing.

Hey...have a great day!!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #11
Tech Initiate

Quote:
First, I wasn't directly addressing you or anyone else for that matter, I was simply making a point that looking for a proper estimate around here is just a tad difficult since there are those that will low-ball.

Second, I've got a ton of Delta, a Thorp, and a bunch of other stuff. I've bought from others as well over the years and usually paid what they asked or, in some cases, offered a little more if I thought the deal wasn't fair to them.

Third, I am more than happy to say to anyones face what I say "behind a keyboard." I've been married and I've been to war so I don't have a whole lot left to fear on this earth. I'd suggest that if you took my comments to heart or thought them personally directed against you...well, that's your problem. I don't think I could care less but rest assured I will make every attempt to do so...lol. My entire motive in making my previous post was an attempt to help a person who asked for help, I gain neither way since I don't want the stuff myself, and I'd hope you'd see just how foolish and childish it is to make a comment like "behind a keyboard" when, unless I'm terribly mistaken, you're doing the same thing.

Hey...have a great day!!
OK hero... point taken and you are right.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:23 PM   #12
Tech Addict

Default Hm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wachsmann64 View Post
OK hero... point taken and you are right.
No heroes here, just did my job and it helps put all the rest of life in perspective. Plus, in war you at least get to shoot back, not so in marraige...and you don't get medals for wounds suffered while married!
Old 10-14-2012, 06:42 AM   #13
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to CameronMADOG

If it was in aus I would give u $600 no worries ...

BlueRC | www.bluerc.net
CameronMADOG is offline   Reply With Quote