Wiki Posts
Search

Fw05 S/t

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default Fw05 S/t

Hi all,

Have read so much reviews about the FW05S and am convinced that it`s a good car. Have actually decided to buy myself this car.
Unfortunatly, the shop that i went to had stopped selling this model.

I just need to get a little reviews about the FW05T as have not seen much on it. Is it as good?

Would you guys recommend me to buy the FW05T?

Thanks alot.

Cheers!
Old 03-15-2005, 01:59 AM
Tech Regular

Really lost about this. saved up for the car but noe all they have is the FW05T and all the other pro kits of Kyosho.

Hope for some opinions and guidelines. thanks guys!

Cheers!!
Old 03-15-2005, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

the T is acctually better than the S because it has a 2 speed transmission and full ball bearings

the main differences between the T and the R are the R has:
centax(3D) clutch
threaded shocks
racing fuel tank(no primer)
4 pin. diffs.
carbon fiber upper deck?(if im not mistaken)

so yeah, thats pretty much the main differences

so it comes down to, are you going to race or not?

because if you decide to race you'll probly need the diffs. and the fuel tank at the very least

but i was reading the specs of the FW-05T, it gives the NTC3 plus a good rub
Old 03-15-2005, 02:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

other differences are that the FW05T has plastic center driveshafts and a locked front diff
Old 03-15-2005, 02:56 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks alot guys, i`m not sure about what the clutch and all the other differences. will it make alot of difference?

I am intending to get on the track to race someday. That`s where the fun is.

Sorry to ask again, but i know that the FW05 S can be upgraded to race standards by upgrading to FW05RR.

If i were to get the FW05T would it be just as good?

Thanks again.

Cheers!
Old 03-15-2005, 03:24 AM
Tech Regular

Does it also mean that the FW05T has lesser options to upgrade and fine-tune / modify?
Old 03-15-2005, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dct147
Thanks alot guys, i`m not sure about what the clutch and all the other differences. will it make alot of difference?

I am intending to get on the track to race someday. That`s where the fun is.

Sorry to ask again, but i know that the FW05 S can be upgraded to race standards by upgrading to FW05RR.

If i were to get the FW05T would it be just as good?

Thanks again.

Cheers!

if u intend to upgrade to rr specs,just buy the rr,it will be cheaper.my .2 cents
Old 03-15-2005, 06:21 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks ntc3freak

Have though of actually buying the Vone RR initially too. but was advised not to jump to a pro kit st8 away as i`m totally new to this hobby. Have never driven an rc car before.

If i were to go st8 to the FW05 RR would it be better if i were to get the FW05R ?

Is the difference Great?

Getting confused. besides having a different engin, suspension and 2 speeds , what are the other requirement for racing?

Thanks alot guys. appreciate it alot!

Cheers!
Old 03-15-2005, 07:02 AM
Tech Regular

The 2 speeds are all the same between the T, R, RR just the clutch is different.
The T and the S are almost the same car. The major difference between them (cost to upgrade) is the 2 speed and the engine. The GS15R that comes with the "S" has always ran good for me although I have herd people say they shatter pistons.
As for the GXR15 that comes with the "T", I haven't ran mine yet.

If you want to run in a "box stock class" They are both good cars. Here they are allowing you to add a 2 speed because most of the competition has them. That makes the "T" a better buy. Now I have to see how the engine holds up.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks alot 3434

A few more questions.

Would the FW05S/R clutch be better than the T? and also what are the differences between them?

also, is the cost higher if i were to upgrade from the T?
Or would it be higher if i were to upgrade from the R?

How about the Vone R? is that better than the FW05T? I was advised not to get the VoneR as it is an old model.

I`m sorry. i`m a total newbie!

Thanks and Cheers!!

Last edited by dct147; 03-15-2005 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:08 AM
Tech Regular

Sorry 1 more thing how about the options to upgrade the springs, fuel tank and all these stuff for the FW05T.

Would there be limited choices to upgrade?

would the body shell also be limited in choices too?

durability of parts in crashes (in case i might just crash).

So sorry for so many questions.

Appreciat all help from all you guys.

Thanks alot!

Cheers.

Last edited by dct147; 03-15-2005 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

A friend recently purchased a FW05S "cheap" directly from the distributor- he was told the FW05S was being superseded by the FW05T hence the cheap price.
In the long run, if youre planning on racing, it would work out cheaper to buy something like a FW05RR or V1RRR rather than buying the parts to upgrade.
Cheers
Old 03-15-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Rookie

durability of parts in crashes (in case i might just crash).
You say you have never owned a RC car before so i have no dought that you will crash, who here has never. As for parts breaking in crashes they are plastic so they do break, it all depends on how hard you hit. I and a few mates own the FW05T and find it to be a good reliable car. One thing we do carry and bend alot are the front swing shafts. The GXR15 motor could do with a better exhaust manifold. We have had no problem with bodies fitting either. All our parts for the chassis and motor we source from a online shop in HK
Cheers

Last edited by giddyup; 03-15-2005 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks again guys.

I don`t think i would start with a pro kit first such as the FW05RR & V one RRR as like said, i would crash. it`ll be too heart breaking. also, my budget is tight and i can`t wait to start playing and tuning and painting a car.

Does anyone knows if difference between the clutch of the R and the T?

is the difference great as in, will it affect the performance much?

Also, 1 last question. Would engine that suit cars like FW05R or Vone RRR fit the FW05T? Cause, if the engine really suck, i might intend to change it after awhile.

I`m sure i would regardless if the engine sucks or not.

Really appreciate all u guys help.

Thanks!

Cheers!
Old 03-15-2005, 05:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

The FW05R and V1RRR run rear exhaust engines whereas the FW05T comes with a side exhaust engine, i doubt if you`d be able to fit a rear exhaust engine to the FW05T at a latter stage.
The clutch in the FW05T is a 2 alloy shoe clutch......basically as the engine increases in rpm, it throws the clutch shoes outwards which engage the clutch bell and provide power to the drivetrain.
The clutch in the RRR etc is a centax clutch....as rpms increase weights push the clutch disc outwards against a spring to engage the clutch bell.......by adjusting the spring tension, you can set at what point in the engines rpm`s the clutch will engage....very handy when doing race setups.
Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.