Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GS Vision Pro

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003, 12:29 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone put a MTX-2 one way in it? How about the Kawahara Negative rear diff?

I just got mine....not even out of the box!!!
Old 03-09-2003, 11:45 AM
Tech Initiate

I just got my kit, I won't be able to start building it until probably Tuesday, but the quality of the parts look really good. I got the Fioroni aluminum centax clutch, supposedly the stock clutch is pretty bad. I also got the hot products brake disk as well, so it should be pretty good out of the box, the only thing I need is a one-way.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Just finished building it....

Does anyone else have a not-so-free drivetrain?

Compared to my other nitro cars, this seems rather stiff....any tips would be appreciated. I am going to break it in then mess with the bearings, etc...
Old 03-10-2003, 11:52 PM
Tech Initiate

my drivetrain isnt very free either, something is hanging up on the brake. I have the hot products brake disc, so its not that the disc is too big. I have a feeling it will free up once I run a few tanks through it so all of the parts seat a bit.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:15 AM
Regional Moderator

Jon,

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. Let us know when you get some gas through yours and I'll do the same...

I think we might be the only 2 running these!!!!
Old 03-11-2003, 07:34 AM
Tech Initiate

hehe, good! I hate running what everyone else does. I am determined to get this thing to work. I know it can be competitive...
Old 03-11-2003, 11:19 AM
Tech Initiate

just a few mods i had to do to the car:

I noticed that the front and rear diff cases slightly rubbed on the shock tower, so maybe like 1mm of plastic was shaved off at the high spot of the diffs.

The rear universals are slightly too long, and at full spuspension compression the ends of the bones hit the deepest part of the outdrives, so I dremeled the ends of the bones flat for more movement clearance.

Also, make sure that when you build the rear end of the car, that all of the screws are tightened down evenly. I found that the rear diff spins much smoother after I backed out all of the screws maybe 2-3 turns, and then re-tightened them all down opposite to one another one by one -- systematically all around the rear end of the car. It helps...
Old 03-11-2003, 06:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

this car has potential...it took 2nd place in the A-main...great car!
good choice!
Old 03-13-2003, 04:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by kansasracer
Just finished building it....

Does anyone else have a not-so-free drivetrain?

Compared to my other nitro cars, this seems rather stiff....any tips would be appreciated. I am going to break it in then mess with the bearings, etc...
Yes my was tight too .Even that i pulled things apart 2 or 3 times to get it free But after run in it was nice and lose.I did the same with the the uni's shave a bit of the rear.I have found the disc/disc pads needs to be clean every now and then from biuld up grim as they seem to drag after a while.But a top car.
Old 03-13-2003, 05:35 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by speed
Yes my was tight too .Even that i pulled things apart 2 or 3 times to get it free But after run in it was nice and lose.I did the same with the the uni's shave a bit of the rear.I have found the disc/disc pads needs to be clean every now and then from biuld up grim as they seem to drag after a while.But a top car.
That's what I figured, so I'll report after I have given it it's first shake down in the driveway!!!
Old 03-13-2003, 10:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

we just sold the last of our visions for $199, i built one, it was really nice but as said earlier it needs hand fitting on parts, especially suspension arms. I was impressed though with the whole car, except the finger style 2speed. I would've put a shoe style in it. Other than that, the 4mm chassis, threaded alum. adjustable damping shocks, centax clutch, graphite deck... really loaded for the money.
Old 03-20-2003, 03:40 PM
Regional Moderator

yeah, I got mine super cheap...that's why I bought it.

But after putting this thing together, it looks like it does have some potential. Still waiting on my pipe so I can give her the "driveway shakedown run!"

On another note,

that brake disk is REALLY close to the carb. Anyone have the upgraded disk from Fironi?

Thanks
Old 03-20-2003, 03:57 PM
Tech Initiate

GS distributes the smaller brake disc by Hot Products.
Old 03-21-2003, 07:51 AM
Tech Regular

There is no Spoon!!!

Kracer - be carefull with the clutch. I heard that they tend to go out easy.

There might be a fork, though!!!
Old 03-21-2003, 04:44 PM
Tech Initiate

I got the Fioroni aluminum clutch, its way cool...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.