R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-15-2005, 12:47 AM   #1261
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4racer
hi stefan,
did you add the shipping to germany and the taxe, then you become the car for 388,80 euros, thats very cheap

@tnbigdawg,
oh man, fiat put also the same parts (tires, engine, body and so on ) in there cars as porsche, but the price is a little different

dieter
Hi Dieter,

ich werde sowieso bis zum Fruehjahr warten, wenn der erste Run vorbei ist. Koennte das Auto jetzt eh nur anschauen.

Ich wollte den Deppen, die hier das Fass aufmachen wegen hohem Preis nur mal erklaeren, dass wenn er bei uns 399 und in HK 380 kostet, werden die ihn fuer noch weniger bekommen. War schon immer so, aber bei jedem neuen Auto geht die gleich daemliche Diskussion von vorne los.

Ich werde ihn sowieso zum EK kaufen
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 12:48 AM   #1262
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

BMI hobbies in Plano,Tx says they have them in stock. Call for pricing.

Here is the number.

http://www.bossmodelsint.com/

Old 10-15-2005, 01:01 AM   #1263
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Found this on e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hollow-2-Speed-S...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 10-15-2005, 01:46 AM   #1264
Tech Champion

WHOA !!! MTX4 price war !!! you guys are eligible to work at Wall Street Buy Low Sell High !!!!
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 02:20 AM   #1265
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
How the heck can you complain, when NOBODY knows the street price for the car yet.

It's all just rumours so far

You guys are f...... unbelievable.

WAIT AND SEE!!!!

Yes, and we are waiting. If the price is actually lower than the $450-800 estimate someone posted on here on street price, then I will definitely keep my mouth shut. My complains are on "if" the higher price is true, so don't get me wrong. But really I wouldn't care if the price does go that high. It would just mean I would walk away and forget about it because it would be too pricey for me personally and much luck to those who can afford it. All I can do is dream about it. Chill out my friend.
tnbigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 03:24 AM   #1266
Tech Addict

In case noone realised yet, if Dieter's pully information is correct the MTX-4 does have overdrive right out of the box (rear: 2.158:1 / front: 2.074:1)

What pinion/gear options will be available for the MTX4? In case anyone may want to use my attached chart (it's a zipped excel file, allows you to enter diameters etc), feel free...
Attached Files
File Type: zip Gear-Ratio_Chart_MTX4.zip (6.4 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by burito; 10-24-2005 at 04:13 AM. Reason: There was an error in the excel chart (when overdrive is used!)
burito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 03:29 AM   #1267
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Price is realy not the issue now is it. WHERE ARE THE CARS! Can't spend money on something you can't find. I'm all for supporting my Hobby shop, especialy if they are the ones that build the tracks and maintain a place to race. I've ordered my car from my LHS, and I don't expect to see it anytime before the middle of next month. The street word is the 26th-27th before the next batch even leaves Mugen USA. But if I want to run one now, where can I get one, we all know that answer, overseas. Now, I have to ask myself: "what do I do?"

If I buy from overseas, I don't get support from Mugen USA Why can I get the car now from overseas when Mugen USA can't?
If I buy it here, I am looking at paying $480 or more, nobody wanted us to know a price...WHY?
HOW CAN THAT BE?

I'm a business man, I have 3 businesses of my own and I do very well, but If I was selling my Toolz to a forign distributor for more than I was selling it to my US distributors, would that be fair? It would be foolish! The way that things look now is that if you speek out against a company, you should have your mouth washed out with soap, no, I don't think so. MugenUSA, Get on the horn and talk to MugenJapan, straighten this out. I know that the price should be the same all over the world, or at least close to it. Money is Money that is why they have exchange rates! Quit screwing around and fix this mess. Why did it take so long to get a price to us?

So, I guess my REAL questions are, and this comes out of frustration after being told that the car would be available the end of September and now October or November or ???? Where is it, How much is it and When can I get it?

If the price was going to be high, let us know, why would you not give a price, surely you would have a price of the kit months ago. I about dropped off my rocker when I first was told $800 was the retail on the car. If the price was given a month ago, a lot of frustrated people would have been able to make a decision to save a little more or buy something else. With the price being the "real" issue for many racers(we don't doubt performance, or should we?)what took so long, and don't say "we didn't have one."

This isn't intended to get MugenUSA ruffled, it is more directed at Mugen Japan. Why are you guys screwing us? I understand sales, I was a manager for a Honda Dealership for years. You put the product out in other countries and get reviews on it. The product reviews are awesome and you get the public all excited about it. Then you limit product to drive up demand and with more demand and not enough units to go around, you get a premium price. Most people want to get the car for a good price, thus the $380 at Rc-Mushroom, but when people look at a $50 price tag on shipping, they back away. Smart, add that to the price of the kit. $430. That's what the street price should be, but another $50? Then make us wait longer than most the world. I'm not one to be nit-pickey, but isn't something is wrong with this?

Isn't a "Mugen MTX-4" a "Mugen MTX-4"? Why wouldn't you stand behind your product? It all comes from the same Manufacture. I understand that there is some blackmarket MTX-3's out there, but the truth of the matter realy comes down to this: You don't want illegal copies of your product out there, and I can appreciate that. But weather it has a Hong Kong, Austrailian or US serial number, what does it realy matter as long as it has a serial number?

Your car is a Rolex or touring cars, and I understand that. But if I buy my Rolex in Europe or in NYC, its still a Rolex.

Last edited by rcfoolz; 10-15-2005 at 10:04 AM.
rcfoolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 03:43 AM   #1268
Tech Elite

Talking

One last tidbit of information: Again, this isn't for braggin rights, this is to challenge something. Anybody that is a "ROAR" member, look up rule 1.3.1, 1.3.2 and 1.3.3.
Its about making racing competitive and cost effective.
I don't mind spending money on my hobby, more like a habit, drugs would be cheaper my wife sais.

Here is the breakdown of my 1/10th scale MTX4 cost:
Kit $480
Engine: Max Power $359
Servo: Futaba 9451 $89 X 2: $178
Battery: $35
Tires: $25
Body & paint: $40
Radio: Spectrum receiver: $80
AMB transponder(got to have it) $95
Ofna X-12 pipe..cheap-O: $40
and then I have to buy fuel, glow plugs and radio system, another $250 or more.
Total $1582 + tax brings the cost of my new MTX-4 to $1685.00usd

Of coarse, by the time I get some spare parts or an extra kit to have for parts, I'm over $2000.00.
all I am going to say is that this better be one hell of a car Mugen!
I'm spending more on this than I did on my wife's wedding ring, (she better not read this)

Last edited by rcfoolz; 10-15-2005 at 03:54 AM.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:51 AM   #1269
Tech Elite

ONE last thing:
Hey Stefan
Whats up with the German? Translate

Last edited by rcfoolz; 10-15-2005 at 10:05 AM.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:25 AM   #1270
Tech Adept

hi burito,
you can be shure that the pulleys are right.
i have contact mugen japan they have say that the 23 pulley
shall not be used.
pinon are 16/17/18--21/22/23/24 gear 58/59/60--52/53/54

dieter
4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 04:26 AM   #1271
Tech Elite

Is the car still not available in the US or is it just in certain states?
Old 10-15-2005, 04:46 AM   #1272
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
i also wonder if there are any mugen drivers with their mtx-4 at the paris memorial this weekend...

but cool man, i hope the car dominates
Right, wonder if Scott knows.

As for the UK nationals, will let you know. I usually get the results and post it at 3hobby.
Old 10-15-2005, 04:51 AM   #1273
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to Dynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz
I'm spending more on this than I did on my wife's wedding ring, (she better not read this)
hehe, aint that the truth... better not speak to loudly someone might hear!
Old 10-15-2005, 07:40 AM   #1274
Tech Regular

Default MTX at the Paris Race

It does not appear that anyone is using the MTX-4.

I spoke with Darin Ishitani from Team Mugen USA about the car and he stated that he had received one for build up and review, however, due to spare parts , time to build it, his job and getting to the race on Friday Morning all added up to not being able to try the car out this weekend.

Last edited by JABRONI; 10-15-2005 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Forgot something else
JABRONI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 07:49 AM   #1275
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

450 for a well built car?.......I don't see what the complaints are...10 years ago you could easily have 800 in a HPI rs4 or kyosho spyder chassis......add another 150 for a os cv.....80 apiece for futabo servos....(in fact,.the best servo then,the 9402,was 110 dollars)...plus 400 for the old 3pj......

and those cars weren't a tenth comparable in performance..........

I think performance for dollar value today is terrific.......
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote