R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-14-2005, 12:06 PM   #1231
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Breaker
Agree with you, 1/10 should not have the price exceed 350 and 1/8 should not go over 450~500. because car kit isn't the only thing that are pricy. a middle rate .12 rear engine + pipe also cost 300+ and servo and spareparts. that is a lot of money.
having overly high price will discourage young kid to get into RC and the future of the market will shrink til like a size of atom,
many of us is jsut regular person with regular income. our income don't follow the increasing price of RC
HOW often have you bought something for list price?????????

What was the list price of the MTX-3? 450-500, right?

Damn Dude you'll going to have a heart attack before you find out that the car is much cheaper.

Now stop it, please
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 12:08 PM   #1232
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Swauger
Sorry Alan but the rumor you heard is not true. We will allways have JP motors and products and a JP motor will be the only motor you will see in my car at major races. It is possible you may see JP modified OS motors through Mugen USA next year.
This is real info we can relay on!!!
Thanks Mike for put some lifgts on all rumors!!!!
Edward
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 01:02 PM   #1233
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Good luck finding one for $350.... with that price, not only the hobby shop isn't making a dime, the distributor actually lost money. If anyone has a connection to HRP, call them up. I did, and I know what the cost on this kit is.

Keep in mind, there is full retail list price, cost from distributor and price a hobby shop actually sells for.....

Dom
Old 10-14-2005, 01:07 PM   #1234
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracerdude
450 sounds about right.... You guys got some deep pockets! That's way too high! That's close to the price of a 1/8 scale! That's not even a PROSPEC YET! I might have to pass on this one, probably wait until I get a good deal from Hongkong or wherever cheaper.
Actually I agree, it's too much. But if a hobby shop gets a kit from the distributor and want to make some money, that's about the price range an average joe will be paying.

Dom
Old 10-14-2005, 02:32 PM   #1235
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rcracerdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Actually I agree, it's too much. But if a hobby shop gets a kit from the distributor and want to make some money, that's about the price range an average joe will be paying.

Dom
here's the cheapest I found so far (with internet store):
http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=7302

derbybrosracing.com
rcracerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:34 PM   #1236
Tech Master

Quote:

Dom
I don't know bud, I think its make easy and lots of money. Take advantage of the demand and popularity. Take advantage of the people who has deep pockets and willing to pay for whatever they ask. My opinion...

derbybrosracing.com
Old 10-14-2005, 02:36 PM   #1237
Tech Master

...by the way, so many people like that here in the US.

derbybrosracing.com
Old 10-14-2005, 02:40 PM   #1238
Regional Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendellc1
What is the main reason(s) for JP to change from Nova based to OS based engines?
Look at JP Engines thread
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:53 PM   #1239
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendellc1
What is the main reason(s) for JP to change from Nova based to OS based engines?
I never said JP is switching from Nova to OS. We will allways have Nova based Jp engines.

Last edited by Mike_Swauger; 10-17-2005 at 03:57 PM.
Mike_Swauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 02:57 PM   #1240
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracerdude
I don't know bud, I think its make easy and lots of money. Take advantage of the demand and popularity. Take advantage of the people who has deep pockets and willing to pay for whatever they ask. My opinion...
Heck of course, if a new car is faster and can help win you races, why not? If I show up at a decent big race and win, get incentives from sponsors, that's easily outweighs the $100 extra cost on the kit.

Dom
Old 10-14-2005, 02:58 PM   #1241
Tech Adept

pulleys are
oneway 28, mid 18, side 24, side rear 18, break 19, rear diff 41
intern ratio 2,159
dieter
4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 03:08 PM   #1242
Tech Master

Quote:
Heck of course, if a new car is faster and can help win you races, why not? If I show up at a decent big race and win, get incentives from sponsors, that's easily outweighs the $100 extra cost on the kit.

Dom
technically, you're not really saving any money. For a real racer, you won't be running bone stock MTX-4. You'll be replacing parts like: CVDs, ti Pivont balls, lightweight here and there, etc. The $450 cost is probably not a problem for you but you'll have to look at it from other's shoes - people with little budget.

derbybrosracing.com
Old 10-14-2005, 03:24 PM   #1243
Tech Elite

yes, I probably will need to do some upgrade, I did own a Prospec and won regional with, but I can tell you this.... good friend of mine came in 3rd with a bone stock MTX3, only hop up was .8 gears and alu wheel adapters. I'll probably switch to bones up front right away, I hate those cvd's, they break. But for the average racer, the kit isn't cheap... really. And not sure if anyone run electric sedan in the winter.... those are outrageous too, the top of line carpet cars are over $350 + your normal hopups. My carpet RDX is $450 and it's an electric car!!!! So to me, $400 for a gas car isn't that outrageous.... But in general, cost of this hobby is getting a bit out of hand.

Dom
Old 10-14-2005, 03:39 PM   #1244
Buyer Beware

Quote:
yes, I probably will need to do some upgrade, I did own a Prospec and won regional with, but I can tell you this.... good friend of mine came in 3rd with a bone stock MTX3, only hop up was .8 gears and alu wheel adapters. I'll probably switch to bones up front right away, I hate those cvd's, they break. But for the average racer, the kit isn't cheap... really. And not sure if anyone run electric sedan in the winter.... those are outrageous too, the top of line carpet cars are over $350 + your normal hopups. My carpet RDX is $450 and it's an electric car!!!! So to me, $400 for a gas car isn't that outrageous.... But in general, cost of this hobby is getting a bit out of hand.

Dom
VERY TRUE,
we just got 2 cars
TAMIYA 415-399.99
YOKOMO BD-389.99

not too cheap,these are electric cars,oh and last month we got a
SERPENT 960 -525.00.....get my point?....kitty
HELLOkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2005, 03:51 PM   #1245
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Hot Bodies Cyclone = 460 USD and even worse, in Europe it cost 525 Euros!!!

Btw, the MTX4 price at RC Mushroom converts to 315 Euros. That's dirt cheap

I told you, it's all good...
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote