R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-23-2008, 11:40 PM   #9016
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroballer9 View Post
My previous track the top three guys ran Ninja's and they were ballistic! Once tuned properly they kicked some Nova butt!! Half the price too!!

I run the Mugen 4mm chassis and have NEVER stripped a gear! The Kawa is just unnecessary bling made of cheap material!!!!
I'm running a stock Mugen and I have never stripped a gear. Well the one time I did, my mesh was off. It was still one spur gear after the many months of owning the car. Not only that, but I manage to stay with all the other high end motors on the track. Still a bone stock car.
HarKonnenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #9017
Suspended

Ryan C: What set up do you have or I can use for speedworld? There is one that was posted from yllib back a few months I saw, is that a good one?

Thanks for the help
nitroballer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #9018
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroballer9 View Post
Ryan C: What set up do you have or I can use for speedworld? There is one that was posted from yllib back a few months I saw, is that a good one?

Thanks for the help
Nitroballer9, Billy and I have the exact same setup and it works pretty well so you should be good with that one. I can email/pm it to you if you want. Any other questions fire away!!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #9019
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ryan C. ygpm
Tires>>> I don't know yet
quietstorm76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:43 PM   #9020
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

R.C. I will have the ybslow products in the store in about a week, Brad is waiting for some of his products.

Billy
www.speedworldraceway.com
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 09:57 AM   #9021
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

in the instructions it says the clutch uses 3 5x8 bearings? Two behind the clutch bell and one in the clutchbell????
Old 01-26-2008, 12:23 PM   #9022
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
in the instructions it says the clutch uses 3 5x8 bearings? Two behind the clutch bell and one in the clutchbell????
Yes that is correct the clutch-bell uses a total of three bearing. In the configuration you have described.
chippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:02 PM   #9023
Tech Champion

another question, my side belt seems very loose. I have the right pullies on it as far as I know. Use a 24tooth for the front side and a small one on the rear side. I have the tensioner set all the way down and it still seems to loose. Alot more than my rrr's side belt. If it makes any diiference its a mtx4r and Im building it. mugen really needs to work on there instructions, they are one of the worst I have ever seen
Old 01-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #9024
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
another question, my side belt seems very loose. I have the right pullies on it as far as I know. Use a 24tooth for the front side and a small one on the rear side. I have the tensioner set all the way down and it still seems to loose. Alot more than my rrr's side belt. If it makes any diiference its a mtx4r and Im building it. mugen really needs to work on there instructions, they are one of the worst I have ever seen
Its been a little while since I built a mugen, But if i recall you can slot the tensioner a little to get more adjustment.. hacked?, yes... but works. It was that or flip the tensioner around...

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 02:50 PM   #9025
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:

You have it right. The belt is pretty loose. You can do a little bit of notching but it will still be loose. Regarding the instructions: Get used to it. Most of the manufacturers instructions stink.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #9026
Tech Champion

I mean it is so loose that Im scared to run it. Afraid its just going to skip and chew up the belt. I can actually about one inch behind the 24 tooth pulley squeeze the belt together.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:30 PM   #9027
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

It sounds about right. When I ran that car I could pinch the belt together. For a while I was toying with the idea of putting a second tensioner on, but that would also add bind to the drivetrain. The belt fits loosely.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:06 PM   #9028
Tech Master

tony montana: I have had the same problem with the side belt slipping off the side belt tensioner, so what I did and it help a ton and really did not add any friction, but tighten the belt a little more was, run a 1/8 scale serpent 24t pulley and the serpent alum adapter on the side. The gear in larger but still a 24t and the belt pitch is the same.
I have not had the problem since.
Old 01-26-2008, 04:07 PM   #9029
Tech Master

Scott: I just ran a customer car with that drx3 radio, the radio was very light. IT is still hard not to use the Helios. !!!LOL
Old 01-26-2008, 04:20 PM   #9030
Tech Champion

I tried something different, I put the 25 tooth pulley on and it seems fine with that. Should I take it off and put the 24 back on?