R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-16-2008, 07:49 PM   #8971
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

Yes, I also noticed with the 20% you do have a larger tuning window compared to 30%. On the higher percentage you can only lean it out so much and overdoing it hurts the engine. I'll save up for the Nova. It would look good in my Mugen. Hows it run with the VR12 plus pipe? I have that now on my car.
HarKonnenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:37 PM   #8972
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

the vr12 plus is the pipe..we tried the 2630 but not any real difference and the big bulge tends to get hit or rub.
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 06:09 PM   #8973
Tech Elite

Sweet so I don't have to buy another one. Well...I would go with one to use with the Nova and one for warm ups.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:20 PM   #8974
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
the vr12 plus is the pipe..we tried the 2630 but not any real difference and the big bulge tends to get hit or rub.
You need to try the Max or Mega 2602 with this engine
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:07 AM   #8975
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Jay- are you and the guys going to speedworld to practice sunday?

-patrick

Timezone Raceway & Hobbies - http://www.timezonehobbies.com
rx7ttlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:12 AM   #8976
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys just lookin through the mugen mtx4r parts list cos need part numbs wen ordering ova net and lookin at two things that say pocket booster and quick booster. r any of these glow ignitors cos i need 1 and if so r any the ones were u can change the cell??

thanks

HB Cyclone, powered by Komodo dragon 19T, run by LRP, Directed by JR, driven by Remo Siciliano....
RC=Realy_Costly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 10:37 AM   #8977
Tech Elite

rx7ttlm: where you been?

I am a maybe, but Brad and Nel and some others will be there for practice.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:32 AM   #8978
Tech Elite

Quote:
rx7ttlm: where you been?

I am a maybe, but Brad and Nel and some others will be there for practice.
Do you even know who this is? lol I have been busy, I am on vacation so I figure I will use the time to test the NT1 more on med-low grip so I can get that setup sorted out. Remember kids, just because its the off season doesn't mean you can't learn something... Gotta get the car to be fast for the sprint races. We know its up to the task for the enduro *winks*

Old 01-18-2008, 05:52 PM   #8979
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarKonnenD View Post
Yes, I also noticed with the 20% you do have a larger tuning window compared to 30%. On the higher percentage you can only lean it out so much and overdoing it hurts the engine. I'll save up for the Nova. It would look good in my Mugen. Hows it run with the VR12 plus pipe? I have that now on my car.
I've been running the Nova pipe and it seems to be night and day better than the Skyline Pipe. Go 30% Nitro or go home!!
nitroballer9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:59 PM   #8980
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7ttlm View Post
Jay- are you and the guys going to speedworld to practice sunday?

-patrick
Where is "Speedworld" I am new to the area and wanted to run some nitro sedan. Is that a good track?? Thanks!
Old 01-18-2008, 06:25 PM   #8981
Tech Elite

rx7ttlm: you signed partick , so I assumed you are an expert guy named patrick who has been out to speedworld, could be thinking of someone else.

nitroballer:which nova pipe? they make a few. also what track size as ours is about 115' straight. www.speedworldraceway.com they are in roseville
Old 01-18-2008, 07:57 PM   #8982
Suspended

Quote:
rx7ttlm: you signed partick , so I assumed you are an expert guy named patrick who has been out to speedworld, could be thinking of someone else.

nitroballer:which nova pipe? they make a few. also what track size as ours is about 115' straight. www.speedworldraceway.com they are in roseville
The Nova 2630. Tons 'o' rip everywhere... Wow, cool site I will have to check out the track!!
Old 01-18-2008, 08:02 PM   #8983
Tech Elite

Quote:
I am Patrick of Team Xray, Rc America, Jakes performance hobbies, Pimp masters inc.... So yes that might be me lol Ran the three hour race a couple months ago... and did it in style with an OS engine... lmao

Old 01-18-2008, 10:10 PM   #8984
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroballer9 View Post
I've been running the Nova pipe and it seems to be night and day better than the Skyline Pipe. Go 30% Nitro or go home!!
LOL, I can easily keep up with the 8th onroad drivers at my track on 20%. Going with 30% isn't that much faster and in most cases is just as fast as using the 20%.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:16 PM   #8985
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarKonnenD View Post
LOL, I can easily keep up with the 8th onroad drivers at my track on 20%. Going with 30% isn't that much faster and in most cases is just as fast as using the 20%.
I have run 16-40% in touring car. There is small gains to be had.. but I tended to go through conrods more w/ 40%(not throwing, just bushing wear). I am back to running 30% for most events. It also depends on the fuel boys... Some burn cleaner, some have a lil more hp, some just suck lol. With some hot mods running more nitro % can allow you to run colder plugs and have the engine idle reasonably... lord knows I have a couple 40% only engines...