R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-06-2007, 08:35 PM   #8806
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
I don't think there are any harder material than the stock spur gears.

Even the delrin type ( blue color ) from 3racing are not tough as advertised.

Yo..... wally.... do you know if I can use novarossi plugs into OS engines ( or Novarossi engines with OS plugs ? )
os have to be os or sirio.
nova plugs only for nova motors
thats what iv found but ppl may say different.
just like ppl putting nova plugs in ninjas,i dont know how they do it but i cant get a nova plug in the thing with out forcing it in.so i dont.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 09:09 PM   #8807
Tech Champion

Okay..... thanks W.

I think I don't have to be stingy about plugs

I think I want to play safe ..... OS with OS and Novarossi with Novarossi.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:57 AM   #8808
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward Haywood View Post
Looking 4 part # for new harder spur gears
Do you perhaps mean the new hardened pinons that come with the MTX4-R We are still using the original pinions with about 10 litres or so through the motor and they are only just showing some wear - mostly from stones. But we also have just replaced the spurs as well because the motor had moved and started to damage the gears.
ShrekNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 12:12 PM   #8809
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

is 60g enough to make a .50 difference in lap times?
Old 08-10-2007, 12:24 PM   #8810
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanks596 View Post
is 60g enough to make a .50 difference in lap times?

NEVER

maybe 0.05 at most
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:50 PM   #8811
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing View Post
NEVER

maybe 0.05 at most

other than practice, and assuming I have a good setup, what would be the first thing to consider when trying to improve lap time by .50 seconds?
Old 08-11-2007, 05:53 AM   #8812
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

Good engine, but if you arent getting the most out of what you have then a better engine will more than likely make you go backwards. Practise is a BIG thing man, laps laps and more laps
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 07:00 AM   #8813
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4 View Post
Good engine, but if you arent getting the most out of what you have then a better engine will more than likely make you go backwards. Practise is a BIG thing man, laps laps and more laps
i agree with the good engine theory. it helps alot, but there is no point getting a good engine and not knowing how to set up the car, what tyres to run or hopw to setup the clutch.

if you need .5 secs do the following;

-make sure your clutch is setup correctly
-set up your car right
-practice
-learn about setups
-get a good punchy motor
-try playing with gearing and pipe headers
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:45 AM   #8814
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris 75 View Post
Do the lock, I've won my last 3 races with it!!
do you run on a kinda big track.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:46 PM   #8815
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

I've ran the Nova plugs in my TZ and have had no problem really. Even checked the piston and the plugs weren't hitting it.

To all - Any of you guys prefer to run something softer than the stock light blue springs or choose to stay with the stock springs and shock oil or stock springs with different shock oil? I'm thinking of all sorts of changes to try when I get back out to the track this week as I'm going to be warming up for Septs Championships. This time I wanna make it to the A main.
HarKonnenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 08:49 PM   #8816
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc_Boy89 View Post
I agree, the front locked is great comparing to the one way which was standard with my mtx-4 kit I found the car is much easier to drive and of course helps with breaking which I found lets me drive harder in and through the corners and if i stuff up I no I have breaks, not a handbrake which is going to spin me out and lose time
What size track are ya''ll on ?
RC Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:46 PM   #8817
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to va_connoisseur
Default Ofna Starter Box 10245

Just picked up this little baby, dropped in a couple of 3000mAh batteries. Took about an hour to get it setup and decided I would share the measurements here. Look for the right up in a couple of days on www.teamkhaos.com.

The measurements are in MM. I tried to make the measurement points clear, but if you have questions, drop me a PM.
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4-starter-box.jpg  
va_connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:42 PM   #8818
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarKonnenD

I went to my local track today and only to find that the cure to one of my problems were my servos. I didn't realize I had a weak servo upfront. It was the JR 4800s not the 8800s, and it only had 90oz of [email protected] .08 transit time or something like that. It replaced the standard futaba s3003, and the JR 9000s went in for steering. Boy my ride now dives into the turns at high and low speeds with ease. Bought the option rear swaybar for the MTX4 just to test it and will post pics when installed. Another upgrade which I should have gotten with the MSR spring. Just looking for a little more snap and to couple it with the LW centrifugal shoes. Hopefully I'll get to go back to the track this sunday and try it out. Definitely need a new .12 though as I'm outgrowing this TZ. Oh, also made the change back to 20% and my engine does seem slightly faster as well as getting additional run time. I had fun running after some of the 8ths and hoping to keep warming up for the NY State Champs next month.
HarKonnenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:56 PM   #8819
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarKonnenD View Post
I went to my local track today and only to find that the cure to one of my problems were my servos. I didn't realize I had a weak servo upfront. It was the JR 4800s not the 8800s, and it only had 90oz of [email protected] .08 transit time or something like that. It replaced the standard futaba s3003, and the JR 9000s went in for steering. Boy my ride now dives into the turns at high and low speeds with ease. Bought the option rear sway bar for the MTX4 just to test it and will post pics when installed. Another upgrade which I should have gotten with the MSR spring. Just looking for a little more snap and to couple it with the LW centrifugal shoes. Hopefully I'll get to go back to the track this sunday and try it out. Definitely need a new .12 though as I'm outgrowing this TZ. Oh, also made the change back to 20% and my engine does seem slightly faster as well as getting additional run time. I had fun running after some of the 8ths and hoping to keep warming up for the NY State Champs next month.
id be careful with the msr spring,it really is for 1/8 and it will rev your motor a bit high,
i tried the spring and did not like it and went back to the super hard
Old 08-15-2007, 10:01 PM   #8820
Tech Elite

oh and i set the spring to 9.2 to 9.5