R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-29-2007, 07:37 PM   #8236
Tech Elite
 
rcfoolz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,327
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz
Default

However........I know this is the wrong place to post it, but anybody interested in my mtx-4, its for sale now, all the lower CG mods that you cannot get anyplace else will be included. Pm me if interested.
__________________
Am I going back racing?...Hmmm.. Not anytime soon... But soon enough.
rcfoolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 09:14 PM   #8237
Tech Elite
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurcheck
Hi Guys,
bear with me on this one. I currently own a MTX-3 and it runs fairly well (certainly better than the driver,,,,,,,for sure). I am wondering how much in the way of performance I am giving up in comparsant to the newer MTX-4 or MTX-4R. I am trying to decide if I would consider the purchase of one of the newer cars. I only race twice a month and based on that it would mean I probably will only get out maybe 10 times this summer. Is the car worth it??????
From what I recall reading earlier in this thread, a lot of guys that ran the 3 really liked the improvements to the 4 when it came out. Prices on a regular 4 have come down lately, so you can probably pick up a new one at a pretty good price.

I guess it depends on what you expect from your racing. If you're happy with the Main you're running in, why worry about it? If you want to kick it up a notch, the 4 might have what you need to bump up. It's hard to say.
__________________
Nitro Knowledge Base: http://nitrokb.netne.net
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/nitrokb -> Lots of on-road nitro & eletric action + some off-road as well
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitrokb/
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 11:18 PM   #8238
Tech Fanatic
 
kaotickc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 954
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Any of you guys have an extra front diff. or locked diff they would part with?

Thanks
"D"
kaotickc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 05:54 AM   #8239
Moderator
 
Artificial-I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rurouni Kenshin
Posts: 3,459
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I
Default

Ive got a 1 time used atomic front diff. One-Way , One-Way Spool and Spool configuration with 1 pin for sale.

LMK VIA PM.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:18 AM   #8240
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Harwood, MD
Posts: 2,526
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spurcheck
Hi Guys,
bear with me on this one. I currently own a MTX-3 and it runs fairly well (certainly better than the driver,,,,,,,for sure). I am wondering how much in the way of performance I am giving up in comparsant to the newer MTX-4 or MTX-4R. I am trying to decide if I would consider the purchase of one of the newer cars. I only race twice a month and based on that it would mean I probably will only get out maybe 10 times this summer. Is the car worth it??????
The 4 has a adjustable role center in the front over the 3 and you can adjust the belt tension. Those two things make it worth it if you ask me. Plus the 3 parts are getting hard to find.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:44 AM   #8241
Tech Addict
 
kcrunchone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: WWW.MAXAMPS.COM
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz
However........I know this is the wrong place to post it, but anybody interested in my mtx-4, its for sale now, all the lower CG mods that you cannot get anyplace else will be included. Pm me if interested.

Are you giving up the Mugen ! ! ! I meant to contact you to tell you that the 5mm rear shock tower that you made for me GUESS what I managed to break it this weekend at 301 having a hell-of-a-lot of fun. My main sucked because of poor drivers ettiquette on the stand but no matter what I do when I hit the asphalt at 301 I feel more comfortable than when at home.

The MTX4 is a very versatile car with a lot of aspects to it that must be tried and tested to see the results, I dont think you should dismiss it so quick. As far as someone stating about the MTX3 being better it is not by far, I must admit that I won the A main at the 1/8 Reginals in NERCAR the first time out with the MTX3 and was sold on MUGEN ever since. The 4 has so many adjustments that can accomadate so many skill levels. I have to be honest and say my racing game suffered this weekend and I still managed to have so much fun at the PRO SERIES that it didnt even matter...
__________________
Rick Hill

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 06:49 AM   #8242
Tech Addict
 
StewartFan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Grrrrr!!!!
Posts: 693
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by going4#1
You need the lower suspension arms as well as the new uprights. They go together.

What do the new arms and uprights give you over the old ones?

Also, what advantage does the new rear upper arm mount have over the old one?

Thanks
__________________
Devil Dog Racing | HobbyTown USA (Kansas City,North) | Fastlane Raceway | Matrix Tires

Someday, I hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.
StewartFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 07:30 AM   #8243
Tech Addict
 
kcrunchone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: WWW.MAXAMPS.COM
Posts: 527
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I am not sure if you realized that the slightest tap on anything and the pillow balls would come out of the upright. Well I did and I actually notified MUGEN of this problem the new revised upright dimension so far appear to be the same but the hole is smaller and will not allow the pillow ball to pop out. Until the new arms were released I was actually using the older MTX3 now hard to find front uprights. Since I had so many parts for the 3 I had quite a bit in stock but I have now recently picked up the new uprights and they are tough as hell.

This Sunday at 301 a driver blocked my view and I ran head on dead smack into the wall and not damage done to the upright at all. I will inspect it more but no damage to the upright that was noticeable, but the damage to the servo took me out of the 2nd spot in my main.......
__________________
Rick Hill

"Failure Is Not An Option"
kcrunchone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:40 AM   #8244
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NH
Posts: 1,223
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to HECTICRACER
Default

i need to know what body is the most commonly used and what mm i am still waiting for my mtx4 to get here but i am getting everything readly thanks
HECTICRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 08:46 AM   #8245
Moderator
 
Artificial-I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rurouni Kenshin
Posts: 3,459
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I
Default

200MM parma type-m or stratus 3.1

I lean towards the parma body for performance. Both are top notch though.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 09:55 AM   #8246
Tech Fanatic
 
Seisick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 845
Default

R ARRIVED, have your lhs ordered!

happy racing!
__________________
HobbymaniA
GoT MuGeN?
Seisick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:25 AM   #8247
Tech Master
 
Car Breaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Grave Yard
Posts: 1,261
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HECTICRACER
i need to know what body is the most commonly used and what mm i am still waiting for my mtx4 to get here but i am getting everything readly thanks

I have been using Kawahara ls250, very nice body and much durable with stratus 3.1 I've use on my older cars.

check it out at RCnitro Nation
__________________
Xray X12 2015
ARC R10 ATS
Car Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:34 AM   #8248
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Harwood, MD
Posts: 2,526
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrunchone
Are you giving up the Mugen ! ! ! I meant to contact you to tell you that the 5mm rear shock tower that you made for me GUESS what I managed to break it this weekend at 301 having a hell-of-a-lot of fun. My main sucked because of poor drivers ettiquette on the stand but no matter what I do when I hit the asphalt at 301 I feel more comfortable than when at home.

The MTX4 is a very versatile car with a lot of aspects to it that must be tried and tested to see the results, I dont think you should dismiss it so quick. As far as someone stating about the MTX3 being better it is not by far, I must admit that I won the A main at the 1/8 Reginals in NERCAR the first time out with the MTX3 and was sold on MUGEN ever since. The 4 has so many adjustments that can accomadate so many skill levels. I have to be honest and say my racing game suffered this weekend and I still managed to have so much fun at the PRO SERIES that it didnt even matter...
Glad to hear that you had a good time. The track is great! Things ran very smoothly.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:07 PM   #8249
Moderator
 
Artificial-I's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rurouni Kenshin
Posts: 3,459
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I
Default

Yay I got my car upto 1700G now. I added 3racing universals in the rear. And 26G in weights. Now I need to add another set like that and im set. I heard 3racing universals are bad but it seems there pretty good , look a tad bit beefier and the pin seems thicker so theres less play in the diff cup. I like , I hope they fair well.

BTW has anyone heard of prather weights? There slim 13g weights. About 1inch long , 3-4mm thick. Looks like a wheel weight but just flat. If anyone knows where one can get these let me know.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 12:23 PM   #8250
Tech Adept
 
ProE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: South Africa
Posts: 236
Send a message via MSN to ProE Send a message via Skype™ to ProE
Default

Quote:
I heard 3racing universals are bad but it seems there pretty good , look a tad bit beefier and the pin seems thicker so theres less play in the diff cup. I like , I hope they fair well.
I've tried them, and they only lasted 2 race meetings and one practise sessions. The on guy at the trap have a tool that allowed me to replace the pins with mugen pins. The mugen pins last way longer.
ProE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:14 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net