R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2005, 05:28 AM   #811
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 218
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookgb
as you say not such a big deal but just wondering will the pillow balls screw in enough to get 200mm on the rear so we can still use our 2mm offset wheels,especially since the rear arms are so much longer than the mtx-3
Get the titanium pillow balls and it will work, they are shorter in the threads.
slooookomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 05:43 AM   #812
Regional Moderator
 
daniz24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: D-Square Racing
Posts: 3,189
Default

Are there any aluminum parts in MTX4 kit, because I think $400 for a plain kit is too expensive. I call it plain, because at least an alum hex wheel are a must to.
daniz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 08:08 AM   #813
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniz24
Are there any aluminum parts in MTX4 kit, because I think $400 for a plain kit is too expensive. I call it plain, because at least an alum hex wheel are a must to.
How do you know that the kit will cost $400? Do you have inside info that the rest of us, including Mugen USA, don't know? There are many "plain" kits out there that people shell out way more that what they are probably worth but do it because that is what they want. The original kit was around $350 when it first came out. I thought that it was too high until I saw its performance at the local tracks. After that, I shelled out the $350 for mine and haven't had any regrets since. So, if you really want the car, you will pay whatever the market dictates. If you don't, there are other alternatives out there; though you may not be happy with them.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 09:49 AM   #814
Tech Elite
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock
...... If you don't, there are other alternatives out there; though you may not be happy with them.

NTC3's are only in the $200's
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 09:53 AM   #815
Tech Elite
 
stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Posts: 3,273
Send a message via AIM to stefan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniz24
Are there any aluminum parts in MTX4 kit, because I think $400 for a plain kit is too expensive. I call it plain, because at least an alum hex wheel are a must to.
What are you guys raving about?

That freaking HotBodies Cyclone electric TC costs $459 and they can't get them in fast enough.

IMHO, the MTX4 will end up costing around 350-370, STREETPRICE!
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:07 AM   #816
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16
Default

you guys are too funny. why don't wait until the car is out to start talking?
sort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:16 AM   #817
Tech Elite
 
Derby Bros Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,209
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

can't help it!

i think people are just way too excited about the car (including myself) that we can't stop talking about it.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:28 AM   #818
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SoCal
Posts: 513
Default

The MSRP in Japan is 48300yen which is around 435USD. The shops usually have a 20-25% discount on them which is around 350USD, adding shipping 30-40bucks, you can assume that the street price of it is around 400bucks more or less. Which make sense because a 10% increase in price from MTX-3 is reasonable.
ME-student is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:45 AM   #819
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookgb
as you say not such a big deal but just wondering will the pillow balls screw in enough to get 200mm on the rear so we can still use our 2mm offset wheels,especially since the rear arms are so much longer than the mtx-3
I don't think so, the MTX4 arms are longer then MTX3, but that doesn't mean the whole rear is beyond 200mm and need to dial the pivot ball IN more because the arms are longer...they are longer (just like 1/8th MRX4) because the rear bulkhead of the MTX4/MRX4 are narrower then their previous model, so the rear hub area (overall width) of the MTX4 are still the same as the MTX3, required the 2mm offset rims....

Last time I heard, the concept behind that is preventing the car traction roll, but that is only what I heard, I don't understand much about that reason of the design....but I know Kyosho did that on Evolva 05, so does Serpent 960...

Correct me if I am wrong...

P.S...I think (hope) the MTX4 should be around $350-380 range...it cannot be too high (like $450 range) cause they should have their PROSPEC version coming out a year or so later, that should be $450-480 range with options.
Solara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:46 AM   #820
Tech Fanatic
 
Data's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NCC-1701E, the Enterprise
Posts: 765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocSafety
I just made my comeback from a 6mo race layoff

what's up Doc ?
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 10:48 AM   #821
Tech Fanatic
 
Data's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NCC-1701E, the Enterprise
Posts: 765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME-student
The MSRP in Japan is 48300yen which is around 435USD. The shops usually have a 20-25% discount on them which is around 350USD, adding shipping 30-40bucks, you can assume that the street price of it is around 400bucks more or less. Which make sense because a 10% increase in price from MTX-3 is reasonable.

finish your home work yet, lazy student ?
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 12:17 PM   #822
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

I VOTE $350 ....... read my lips "three hundred and fifty US dollars" otherwise I quit voting or I flirt with Kyosho.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 12:20 PM   #823
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
I VOTE $350 ....... read my lips "three hundred and fifty US dollars" otherwise I quit voting or I flirt with Kyosho.
$350 including taxes?
sort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 12:28 PM   #824
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Data
finish your home work yet, lazy student ?
that was funny
sort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 12:33 PM   #825
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

hey, everyone must pay taxes to uncle sam right ? so $350 plus tax.

btw, if you could find shop with no tax, I will be glad to visit him
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:47 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net