R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-23-2005, 07:18 AM   #721
Tech Initiate

More info about MTX4

To Scott and Robbie:

Thank you for your input, this is the kind of info I need!

Do you guys know if the MTX4 and spares will be carried by Tower Hobbies? That would be very convenient! If not, what are the good online places to shop for Mugen stuff?

About the MTX4: Will the new kit be a "pro spec" car or will we have to wait for such a model?

Can we expect a nicely priced bundle including a competitive 3 port legal engine?

Thanks!
RC_Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 07:44 AM   #722
Tech Master

In Japan, they have 3 versions, check it out from www.pro-s-futaba.co.jp, even it is in Japanese, we still can tell. They accept order pre-order. They say it can be shipped on 10/5. They answer english email.
●T0050  MTX-4 Standard Yen48300
●T0053  MTX-4  RR12L5A1 Yen80850
●T0054  MTX-4  N12LL3 Yen79800
choisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:45 AM   #723
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by choisan
In Japan, they have 3 versions, check it out from www.pro-s-futaba.co.jp, even it is in Japanese, we still can tell. They accept order pre-order. They say it can be shipped on 10/5. They answer english email.
For all wanting to know this is what it translates into US dollars:

T0050 - $431.62
T0053 - $722.58
T0054 - $713.14

The later two versions come with Novarossi engines, T0053 a five port and T0054 a ROAR-legal three port.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 08:49 AM   #724
Tech Rookie

Quote:
48300Yens is aprox 435 USD
morenoi79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:38 AM   #725
Tech Champion

So the price is same or a bit more expensive than MTX3 prospec ouch.... not interesting anymore.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 09:55 AM   #726
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

just relax a bit... i remember when the airtronics m11 radio came out. they were selling it for $400 from japan for those who are dying to get it already. but when it hit the market on their "targetted" time, it was more than $100 less!!

i remember mr. swauger saying that the 4 will be comparable to the stock mtx-3.. so maybe around 350-360. we'll just have to wait and see......
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:02 AM   #727
Tech Champion

I'm cool........ just hoping Mr. Swauger is right.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:17 AM   #728
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Some of you guess make me about spending monies in this hobby. Someone says the MTX-4 is around or slightly over $400, then you said you can't do that. But you will pay up to $450 for a Kyosho car. Some will pay over $300 for a KO Helios but shy away from a $259 Airtronics M11 when both are comparable radios. The MTX-3 Prospec, in many places, was almost $500 and people snatched them up but when someone say $400 for the MTX-4, you want to bail out quickly. If some of you are that price sensitive, maybe another hobby is in order. Seriously though, if it does hit the states at around $400, that would be about market average since the 710 goes for between $350 to $400 and the V one RRR goes for between $379 to $439. I am in, unless the price is around $500!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:31 AM   #729
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Greg
To Robbie C:

I'm shopping for a serious car and I want to do this right and get a good one to have BIG FUN next summer.

With my electric background, I am not familiar with Mugen but I want to know the players in the nitro arena before I make a move. Service, support and parts availability are very important to me.

I am not a R40 owner but I have raced the pro-2 car and I found HPI to be a good company to deal with.

Thank you for your help! My shopping focus started with the R40 at first, but now I'm looking more and more at Mugen and Kyosho. I tend to prefer cars that have fresh development in them so I think I would prefer a new model of Mugen (MTX4) over an aging model of Kyosho (RRR-WC)...

I will stay tuned and read everything you guys have to say about the MTX4!

Hello RC Greg
I always tell people to buy according to parts availability, pricing, text support, durability, and last but not least good performance.
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 10:48 AM   #730
Tech Master

Default Keep trying It could happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
I am going to chime in here on this one. There are a number of good handling nitro touring cars available right now. (HPI, AE, Mugen, Kyosho, RD G4 etc) Let me tell you why you should get a Mugen:

Let me preface this by saying I am currently sponsored by Mugen. That isn't the reason to get one. Mugen makes very competetive cars. Arguably the most durable as well. Parts support is probably better than everyone elses except maybe Associated, but our car is much less fragile. These are the reasons I bought a Mugen long before they sponsored me. After my purchase, the support from the guys at Mugen USA was excellent. They answered questions, helped with setups and all kinds of stuff. They didn't have to, but they did and still do. They have a good sized team and are well represented at most of the big races as well as local team racers. This is why I kept running Mugen. Now I get to be a part of this and that is why I will continue running Mugen.
When I first met Scott he raced in the lower mains I watched his progression I was very impressed by his persistence, I also noticed that he was very open to suggestions.
I remember when Scott use to call he felt like he would never get as fast as some of the guys he's seen racing, I informed him that he has just as much chance of winning as the next guy all it takes is commitment and effort.
Scott took what he learned and past it on to others here on RC-Tech and other forms this is one of the reason's why Mugen USA is proud to have him on our team.

Thanks
Robbie C
Mugen Racing
Old 09-23-2005, 11:23 AM   #731
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBIE C
When I first met Scott he raced in the lower mains I watched his progression I was very impressed by his persistence, I also noticed that he was very open to suggestions.
I remember when Scott use to call he felt like he would never get as fast as some of the guys he's seen racing, I informed him that he has just as much chance of winning as the next guy all it takes is commitment and effort.
Scott took what he learned and past it on to others here on RC-Tech and other forms this is one of the reason's why Mugen USA is proud to have him on our team.

Thanks
Robbie C
Mugen Racing
Agreed!!!
Old 09-23-2005, 12:03 PM   #732
Tech Master

Quote:
If you buy this car from them you pay there prices, don't forget shipping.
Why would you think the price would be the same in the US?
This is kind of funny I think it's cool that people can't wait but all the pre predictions is to much.
The only information you can count on is information from our website in regards to the US market. Until information is posted on www.mugenracing.com I wouldn't pay any attention to all the pre predictions.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:07 PM   #733
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hey robbie, maybe the package price includes hot sauce that's why it's too expensive
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 12:14 PM   #734
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBIE C
If you buy this car from them you pay there prices, don't forget shipping.
Why would you think the price would be the same in the US?
This is kind of funny I think it's cool that people can't wait but all the pre predictions is to much.
The only information you can count on is information from our website in regards to the US market. Until information is posted on www.mugenracing.com I wouldn't pay any attention to all the pre predictions.
You oughta be more than happy that we're all that crazy and anxious for the new car, 'cause that means job security for you
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 12:21 PM   #735
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
hey robbie, maybe the package price includes hot sauce that's why it's too expensive
LMAO................got it wright here just in case.