R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-28-2007, 12:33 PM   #7186
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 01-28-2007 at 11:29 PM.
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:39 PM   #7187
Tech Apprentice

hey guys

back to my tweak or untweak chassis

with still more problems with a bent chassis, i took off everything on it and place it on a flat surface...
the chassis seems flat in my eyes, but the back bends upwards slightly, is this normal??

when i flip it over onto the flat side, there is alot of wobble in it especially on the engine part of the chassis

does this indicate it is tweak?
rather make sure it is then splash out the dosh

thanks
bigboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:07 PM   #7188
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I also agree you need to go to a harder shore and with that you need to adjust your set-up. Also you need to adjust your driving style with the softer tires( you have to keep your rearend in check). With a hour long main that asking alot out of one set of tires if you drive aggressive (alot of rear end slide). Some of the pro's do it but you really have to know what your doing and know exactly how much tire you will have left towards the end of the race
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo

Last edited by lil-bump; 01-28-2007 at 04:19 PM.
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:22 PM   #7189
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Yes I believe your chassis is tweaked. Must of had a hellahish crash
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #7190

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGRacer
Get some feeler gauges. Set is so its less than 0.1mm but its not rubbing. Thats what I normally do when I dont have brainfade.
Thats also a good idea , because I need some feeler gauges to start adjusting the valves on my 1:1 car. Thanks again AMG!
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:07 PM   #7191
Tech Champion

Can someone ( with expertise ) teach me about 23T, 24T, and 25T front side pulleys ?

My goal is consistency ( stable handling ) after 25 minutes racing. I feel my car's rear grip become so lousy after minutes 25. The rear become loose at off throttle at tight corners.

I'm using 24T as the manual said.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 03:50 AM   #7192
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Can someone ( with expertise ) teach me about 23T, 24T, and 25T front side pulleys ?

My goal is consistency ( stable handling ) after 25 minutes racing. I feel my car's rear grip become so lousy after minutes 25. The rear become loose at off throttle at tight corners.

I'm using 24T as the manual said.
Hey ASW,
Here is my understanding of this concept:
The side pulley you are referring to is used to control the drive ratio of the front relative to the rear (ie: increase or reduce overdrive). Overdrive occurs when the rear tyres rotate slower that the fronts, and is usually associated with oversteer. With the 24T pulley installed the car requires a 2mm tyre diameter split, front to rear, to compensate for the discrepancy between front and rear axle speeds (ie: the split creates a 1:1 front to rear drive ratio).
Alternatively, to achieve this 1:1 front to rear drive ratio you may install the 25T pulley with equal diameter tyres (front to rear).
In your scenario, it seems that as the race progresses, the 2mm tyre split is diminished and the car acquires an overdrive ratio and begins to oversteer. The remedy this, you could attempt to preserve the 1:1 overdrive ratio by either employing the 25T pulley (with perhaps an initial tyre split of 2mm?), reducing rear tyre wear (harder rear compound, softer front compound, driving style, set-up, etc) or, of course, changing rear tyres mid-race.
I have also personally found that a locked front diff. (spool) can reduce the tendency for the car to oversteer off-power (with small diameter rear tyres and subsequent overdrive), because of the locker's characteristics.
Hope this helps (and makes sense ).
Cheers
SNACKPACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 10:39 AM   #7193
Tech Champion

Snackpack : thanks a lot !! nice explaination

I try 25T front side pulley with 2mm - 3mm split, and 40 shore next time.

My racing friends also suggest 40 shore and keep the overdrive ratio slightly above 1.000 at the end of 45 minutes of race.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:06 AM   #7194

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNACKPACK
Hey ASW,
Here is my understanding of this concept:
The side pulley you are referring to is used to control the drive ratio of the front relative to the rear (ie: increase or reduce overdrive). Overdrive occurs when the rear tyres rotate slower that the fronts, and is usually associated with oversteer. With the 24T pulley installed the car requires a 2mm tyre diameter split, front to rear, to compensate for the discrepancy between front and rear axle speeds (ie: the split creates a 1:1 front to rear drive ratio).
Alternatively, to achieve this 1:1 front to rear drive ratio you may install the 25T pulley with equal diameter tyres (front to rear).
In your scenario, it seems that as the race progresses, the 2mm tyre split is diminished and the car acquires an overdrive ratio and begins to oversteer. The remedy this, you could attempt to preserve the 1:1 overdrive ratio by either employing the 25T pulley (with perhaps an initial tyre split of 2mm?), reducing rear tyre wear (harder rear compound, softer front compound, driving style, set-up, etc) or, of course, changing rear tyres mid-race.
I have also personally found that a locked front diff. (spool) can reduce the tendency for the car to oversteer off-power (with small diameter rear tyres and subsequent overdrive), because of the locker's characteristics.
Hope this helps (and makes sense ).
Cheers
That being the spool will increase tire wear in the front.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:32 AM   #7195
Tech Initiate

hi,

since the kit does not come with a servo arm. what brand of servo arms is everyone using?

Thanks in advance!
racer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 12:48 PM   #7196
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer2
hi,

since the kit does not come with a servo arm. what brand of servo arms is everyone using?

Thanks in advance!
what servo you plan to use ?
Old 01-29-2007, 04:18 PM   #7197
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Breaker
what servo you plan to use ?
oops, i'm using KO servos

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 01-29-2007, 07:19 PM   #7198
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer2
oops, i'm using KO servos

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
I use the OFNA Heavy duty nylon servo head for the throttle. It comes with inserts for all different types of servos. I did have to drill and thread the holes in order to accomodate the Mugen hardware. I have run this set up since the debut of the car without incident.

Originally, I ordered both aluminum and nylon. The Aluminum was too difficult to mod at that time. I now have better tools and could make it work, but the nylon has been hassle free.

For the steering I have an aluminum head from OFNA that works great. It went directly on without mods and again has multiple possiblities for servo usage. It also comes in many different colors for a little personalized bling.

That's my two cents.
Bigbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 07:42 PM   #7199
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbarn
I use the OFNA Heavy duty nylon servo head for the throttle. It comes with inserts for all different types of servos. I did have to drill and thread the holes in order to accomodate the Mugen hardware. I have run this set up since the debut of the car without incident.

Originally, I ordered both aluminum and nylon. The Aluminum was too difficult to mod at that time. I now have better tools and could make it work, but the nylon has been hassle free.

For the steering I have an aluminum head from OFNA that works great. It went directly on without mods and again has multiple possiblities for servo usage. It also comes in many different colors for a little personalized bling.

That's my two cents.
Thanks for your input.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:02 PM   #7200
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

I use the black Airtronics horns with the gold ring. It looks simple and makes the car's look more stripped down. I'm into the minimalist thing.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote