R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-24-2007, 05:14 PM   #7126

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbeats
Why hate on something you just got and attempting to build advice is only warranted from experience so hold your comments until it become your personal fact. Am tied of this stripe gear shit 1 check your end point on the radio and set the servo according if your engine shift will you are braking or accelerating then that cause this effect. 2
Make sure your engine is mounted tight to your chassis some time the vibration can loosen the engine screws and cause this effect
Am not having a go @ anyone but if you feel I disrespected you am sorry I just get piss reading about this stripe gear shit…one luv…
Was I hating? In reality if you read what I said, youll notice Iam just pointing out what I think personally of the kit. I dont need to be seasoned with a car to see whats going on or to point out my thoughts or theories on a problem. I can read it for myself from start to finish its all throughout this thread. Im not the first to say it and probably wont be the last.

This is not a problem created by the user , it is a problem created by mugen , fixed or better yet...."avoided" by the user.

Case in point. I take care when aligning my gear mesh on my previous r40 kit but beyond that it wasnt anything that needed a doctorite of gear mesh to get right. I ran the same gears the entire year and they looked brand new. But on the flip side the r40 had a very problematic clutch system. It was very hard to get right. And ill be the first to stand up and blame hpi for that. So much so I had to goto a mugen clutch system and as soon as I did that. It was solved. Meaning that the design of the mugen was right. It was not a user error , if it was the mugen would have netted me the same results.

I didnt need to take special care to get it to run right. I simply assembled it by eye and went to the track and nothing but sweet sweet engagement. Where on the r40 race after race and tweak after tweak still got me nothing but frustration and improper engagement.

I think the same issue is at hand here for the mugen. Its just tricky and this is why I say its mugen design fault. Just as it was a hpi design fault on the r40. There shouldnt be this much tending needed to keep a gear from stripping out. In the end its up to the user to fix or avoid and deal with this problem as best they can to get this design problem to not show its ugly face.

Anyhow if you notice at the end I said the car is great and theres not many cars that dont need ironing here and there. If anything if your offended by my post you have what I call personal product choice aggression. Where a person says something about a product you simply bought and you take it personal. Did you make the car? No , then please dont get angry over something thats not of your own creation. I own the car too and I bought it even with knowing first hand of the stripping problem from the first day it happened at kissimmee raceway. If someone says something about its downfalls theres no reason to stick up for it, unless there wrong and in this case. I find it really hard to blame me for being so.

I know a lot of people who dropped this car and moved onto the RRR just because of this problem. I got a good deal on this kit and already know the mugen clutch is sweet , so Im ready to give it a try. And ill do my darndest to find the solution or solutions myself for this issue. Im pretty good at that normally. Just give me some time to get warmed up.

But beyond that , saying Im just simply hating on this car is pretty far fetched.

Not only that my first words were , hope im not stepping on anyones toes. You should know im here to help , not flame.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:52 PM   #7127
Tech Adept

Default Fix the product am I wrong!!!!!!

Listen Artificial-I its not what you may call personal product choice aggression am not having a stab @ you its just the simple thing that most people don’t care to look for tend to cause so much pain with they cars I know instructions are some time the hardest thing too follow but patients is well worth it. Now were are those super bad Team drivers to help with this problem they sometime checking in but seldom drop a line to rectify the problem don’t get me wrong but they are the face of product am I wrong!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2007, 05:55 PM   #7128
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Cool

I ran my car for 7 weeks without a problem and then it poped up. I changed everything (gears, clutch, shoes I mean everything) and it happened 3 more time so I just loosened The 2-speed shoe 1/2 turn on one side and tightned 1/2 turn on the other and never had the issue again.

Some have had problems and others haven't. No need for all this hate!!!!!!!!! Were a small group of guys so lets do what is nessary(sp) to help each other.

Good luck at the track guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-24-2007, 06:00 PM   #7129

Ill tell you what, tommorrow I will suprise you guys with some information. Kinda like I did when I was driving my r40 and I told you guys what each clutch shoes properties were when no one in this thread had a clue.
Old 01-24-2007, 07:09 PM   #7130
Suspended

That is cool, I would like to solve the problem of stripping gears, please post it as soon as you find a solution that works.
scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:49 PM   #7131
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial-I
Ill tell you what, tommorrow I will suprise you guys with some information. Kinda like I did when I was driving my r40 and I told you guys what each clutch shoes properties were when no one in this thread had a clue.

Man I never thought about the material in the gears might be bad. I tore up several new gears the weekend I had problems ans just adjusted the clutch a little and they went away. Now you got me thinking it might have just been some bad gears.

Man you just need a few bad gears and some good one and run the test. I have several good one (I only run my gears 1 weekend and then save them for spare for the local racers as they need them) laying in my box. If you want them to test I will send them to you.
Old 01-24-2007, 09:15 PM   #7132

Yeah trust me. If you want team driver mugen support. Your going to get it.

I want this problem solved as bad as you guys.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:24 PM   #7133
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
It is all done..

I will be with Kyosho for the year of 2007. Thanks to all and I look forward to seeing you guys in the Kyosho threads this year.
Scott,

will you have a building and test report of your new car
(i have learn alot from your MTX-4 report ) thanks
FF25510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:06 PM   #7134
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF25510
Scott,

will you have a building and test report of your new car
(i have learn alot from your MTX-4 report ) thanks
I absolutely will do that. Look for it soon in the Kyosho thread. While I have only started to meet the Kyosho team, I am also quite sure that if you have questions one or more of those guys will be happy to jump in and help you out.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:22 AM   #7135
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
I absolutely will do that. Look for it soon in the Kyosho thread. While I have only started to meet the Kyosho team, I am also quite sure that if you have questions one or more of those guys will be happy to jump in and help you out.
that's great thanks again
FF25510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 01:58 AM   #7136
Tech Apprentice

hey guys, wondered if you could help on a problem

the body stiffener that connects th front and back is making my chassic tweak slightly.

it is fine when i dont put the 2 screws in, but after i put 2 screws in the chassis is slightly bent.

if i take out one of the 2 screws holding the radio plate, this also helps prevent the chassis from tweaking

so basically if i have all the screws in, the chassis is bent, if i take out a screw the chassis is fine

i know this sounds abit weird, but can anyone help

thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4-body.jpeg   Mugen MTX-4-body2.jpg  
bigboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:07 AM   #7137
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboss
hey guys, wondered if you could help on a problem

the body stiffener that connects th front and back is making my chassic tweak slightly.

it is fine when i dont put the 2 screws in, but after i put 2 screws in the chassis is slightly bent.

if i take out one of the 2 screws holding the radio plate, this also helps prevent the chassis from tweaking

so basically if i have all the screws in, the chassis is bent, if i take out a screw the chassis is fine

i know this sounds abit weird, but can anyone help
thanks
My guess would be that your chassis is actually bent and that is why the holes don't line up. Have you put a straight edge on the chassis to make certain it is flat? I really bet if you replaced your chassis the problem would go away. When the MTX4 chassis bends, it is usually right there in the engine area.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:19 AM   #7138
Tech Apprentice

i have just striped it all down, the chassis plate it self is pretty flat, just the back seems to lift off just abit

if i do decide to replace it, would a 4mm chassis work better??

thanks
bigboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:33 AM   #7139
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Big Boss:

- Is this a new car or have you been running it for a while?
- What does the stripped down chassis look like when you flip it upside down and place it on a flat surface?
- When you're tightening your top screws, is your chassis sitting on a setup board?
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 02:46 AM   #7140
Tech Elite

The 4mm chassis is definitely stronger.