R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-24-2006, 05:12 AM   #6811
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump
From the stock setings. What is a ball park setting for the two speed clutch.
all i can say is follow the instructions carefully and you cant go wrong
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 01:59 PM   #6812
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Breaker
24t give you more spin in the front.
I thought as much thank you.
ragent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:03 PM   #6813
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I just weighed my mtx-4 it came in at 1723 grams. This is with ti kingpin pivot balls and ti turnbuckles these came off of my mtx-3 prospec. I add 18 grams with the use of some leaded tape. I placed it in the battery tray under the battery. Is this a good place to add the weight and should I add more to account for tire wear. My tires are trued to 58 fronts and 60 rears. Also my kit came with one belt (urathane) is this the correct belt for a 24t side pulley?
I'm not a weight freak I just want to make sure I'm above the legal limit. I'm currently at 1743 grams.
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:22 PM   #6814
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to richey
Default Kawahara front oneway-solid axle

I just received my Kawahara order and have 2 of the K-883 complete front one way-solid axle that are left. If you would like one PM me.
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4-k883.jpg  
JoshStevensFoundation.org
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:44 AM   #6815
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

need help
Rear Tire Dia: 61
Downstop Set: 5mm
Ride Height: 5mm

If I want to use 63mm rear tire Diameter and keep my same ride height (5mm), then I would have to use the stock front springs for the rear because they're shorter than the rear springs. Too maintain the same droop value would my figures need to look something like this?

Rear Tire Dia: 63mm
Downstop Set: 7mm
Ride Height: 5mm

genally I use 2mm front downstop and 5mm rear downstop and use this 3mm difference whenever I adjust downstops to tire diameter, but since I'm using the front spring in the rear, I can use bigger rear tires while maitaining a low ride height but this would cause my downstop settings to look something like
2mm fromt and 7mm rear. Is this ok.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:24 PM   #6816
Tech Fanatic

Blanks, not sure exactly how you're doing your droop measurements, but I normally cut my tires to the size I would run depending on if it's a 5min Qual or 30min+ Main.

For a "rough" droop setting. I measure droop over ride height. Cut your tires to whatever split you need, then set the ride height. I run front droop at 0-2mm over ride height and the rear at 2-5mm over ride height depending on the track and conditions. So to set your droop at let say 3mm over ride height (5mm rh), let the rear chassis sit at 8mm on your rh guage and adjust droop screws till the rear tires touch the board. For the front, you'll need to set it from the side of the chassis. This is just a rough estimate for setting. Works good when you in a crunch or going out for practice.

Also, don't use front springs in the rear. The spring rates are different even though they're the same color.

If you have a long main, figure out what tire size your car runs it's best at during the quals, also determine tire wear after 5mins. Most times each corner wears a little different, so take good notes. Then compute to figure your settings for the main. I usually set the car to run its best at the later half of the race. So don't be surprised if you start off with a ride height that's 7mm or so because the tires start off huge.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:12 PM   #6817
Tech Regular

anyone got a different style cover or holder for the reciever,or a better way to install the receiver ,so its safe?ive seen an aluminum and graphite deal that went to an mtx-3,but cant find it now??
intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 05:32 PM   #6818
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

does anyone knows where to buy the mugen 4mm rear shock tower ?
Old 11-29-2006, 05:49 PM   #6819
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Just wanna ask a basic question.Do we adjust the downstop first and then the droop???as,if we refer to the hudy set-up guides, the droop is not the downstop.If i'm correct,we might start with a 2mm front and 5 mm downstop but if we adjust the droop with the wheel and ride-height corrected, the downstop will not be as it is anymore.
rizal_eg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:05 PM   #6820
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag
Try Nitro house, I get mine from them
Old 11-30-2006, 06:11 AM   #6821
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag
TeamTaylorRacing.com
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:17 AM   #6822
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizal_eg9
Hi guys,

Just wanna ask a basic question.Do we adjust the downstop first and then the droop???as,if we refer to the hudy set-up guides, the droop is not the downstop.If i'm correct,we might start with a 2mm front and 5 mm downstop but if we adjust the droop with the wheel and ride-height corrected, the downstop will not be as it is anymore.
That's what I'm sayin. Sometimes people refer to the droop as the downstop value, but it's not. The stock setup (per Mugen) is refering to the downstop value not the droop. 2mm front 5mm rear (I think they assume your using a standardized droop guage and droop blocks like Hudy's) It has been my experience in general to stay relatively close to these figures, which allows for less "droop" in the rear and more in the front. The smaller your tire diameter becomes throughout the race day, the more you have to adjust your spring colars to maintain ride height, the lower your downstop values have to be maintain droop

I understand KidDynomite's way also, but I'm too anal about numbers and settings to set my droop that way. I would follow his way if it were a last minute adjustment that had to be made just before a race.

Hope I said that correctly
Old 11-30-2006, 10:32 AM   #6823
Tech Champion

What happen to my car handling IF I laydown the front shock all the way, but I keep the rear susp. in standard setup position ?
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 07:22 AM   #6824
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by intimidator
anyone got a different style cover or holder for the reciever,or a better way to install the receiver ,so its safe?ive seen an aluminum and graphite deal that went to an mtx-3,but cant find it now??
Does anyone have an answer to this? I'm getting a mtx4 for next year and i've heard others say that they are having problems getting the mtx3 cover so this is a big concern for me. Thanks.

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:13 PM   #6825
Tech Regular

i have made a setup sheet in excel for the mugen mtx4. hope you like it!

**UPDATE**UPDATE**UPDATE**

Now itīs available as an pdf document which you can edit.

http://www.rcmag.de/web/setupmtx4.pdf

Last edited by jaykay; 12-02-2006 at 02:21 AM.
jaykay is offline   Reply With Quote