R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2006, 03:36 AM   #6751
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Wow! Where in Indonesia is this?
BSD Super Traxx, its 45 minutes from Center of Jakarta ( quite far, even for us local people ). Tips: Need local friends for transportation.

The closest and easiest is Senayan JITC track. Surrounded by 5 star and 4 star hotels, up scale shopping malls, and easy access for anybody.

Good things about playing RC in Indonesia :

- Porters ( to carry your stuffs from car parking to track )
- Cleaners & Marshalling service ( to pick up your cars and clean the cars )
- Mechanics service ( he is your pitman during race, and does small jobs )
- Delivery Service ( just shout and anything you said will be on table, for examples, drinks, foods, glowplugs, tires, fuel, belts, parts etc. )

Tips for mechanics $7 to $10 if you win.
Tips for cleaners & marshalling $2
Tips for porters $1
Tips for delivery service : no tips

We have good life in here......
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 04:27 AM   #6752
Tech Elite
 
Slo-MTX4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,479
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4
Default

Damn, i am coming there to live and race.
__________________
Podified Picco/MRX5/Futaba/Savox

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:34 AM   #6753
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
BSD Super Traxx, its 45 minutes from Center of Jakarta ( quite far, even for us local people ). Tips: Need local friends for transportation.

The closest and easiest is Senayan JITC track. Surrounded by 5 star and 4 star hotels, up scale shopping malls, and easy access for anybody.

Good things about playing RC in Indonesia :

- Porters ( to carry your stuffs from car parking to track )
- Cleaners & Marshalling service ( to pick up your cars and clean the cars )
- Mechanics service ( he is your pitman during race, and does small jobs )
- Delivery Service ( just shout and anything you said will be on table, for examples, drinks, foods, glowplugs, tires, fuel, belts, parts etc. )

Tips for mechanics $7 to $10 if you win.
Tips for cleaners & marshalling $2
Tips for porters $1
Tips for delivery service : no tips

We have good life in here......

Wah! Memang lumayan ya?

I'm definitely moving there at the first opportunity!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:42 AM   #6754
Tech Elite
 
Carl Giordano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Upper Saddle RIver, NJ
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
Wow! Where in Indonesia is this?
What about the entertainment?
__________________
Mugen Racing / OS Engines / KO Propo / Byron Fuels / Schuur Speed Motors / AKA / Bruckner Hobbies / Tamiya M-Chassis / Kyosho / Yokomo / 360v2 Raceway / Cruzin with RC
Carl Giordano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:52 AM   #6755
Tech Elite
 
Sow&Steady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Va Va Voom!
Posts: 4,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
What about the entertainment?
I lived in Jakarta for one year, entertainment is a 24 hour affair and NEVER short of it there!
__________________
http://3hobby.net REVISITED V2 - Its on steroids!
https://www.facebook.com/ssteady
Sow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:20 PM   #6756
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
What about the entertainment?
Las Vegas style. Girls are everywhere looking for expatriates with deep pockets. Usually they engaged for 6 months contract

Here is a little story. I have an american expatriate friend working in Jakarta, for oil drilling company. He lived here in Jakarta for 5 years. When his company in USA replace him with somebody else...... he cried. He makes all kind of excuse for not being replace..... why ?

Here is why ? In his house ( rented by the company ), he has swimming pool, drivers, maids, security guards. So when he go back to California, he has NO more amenities : drive alone, wash laundry, no personal secretary, no young girls look after him after work, etc.

Ditto stories with Japanese expatriates. When they are replaced....... they think subway and small house back in Tokyo.
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:26 PM   #6757
Tech Elite
 
Carl Giordano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Upper Saddle RIver, NJ
Posts: 2,309
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Las Vegas style. Girls are everywhere looking for expatriates with deep pockets. Usually they engaged for 6 months contract

Here is a little story. I have an american expatriate friend working in Jakarta, for oil drilling company. He lived here in Jakarta for 5 years. When his company in USA replace him with somebody else...... he cried. He makes all kind of excuse for not being replace..... why ?

Here is why ? In his house ( rented by the company ), he has swimming pool, drivers, maids, security guards. So when he go back to California, he has NO more amenities : drive alone, wash laundry, no personal secretary, no young girls look after him after work, etc.

Ditto stories with Japanese expatriates. When they are replaced....... they think subway and small house back in Tokyo.
Sounds like a little piece of heaven on Earth...
__________________
Mugen Racing / OS Engines / KO Propo / Byron Fuels / Schuur Speed Motors / AKA / Bruckner Hobbies / Tamiya M-Chassis / Kyosho / Yokomo / 360v2 Raceway / Cruzin with RC
Carl Giordano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:27 PM   #6758
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sow&Steady
I lived in Jakarta for one year, entertainment is a 24 hour affair and NEVER short of it there!
got pm
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:30 PM   #6759
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Sounds like a little piece of heaven on Earth...
Yup, ....... you can imagine the smile and big grin on the face of replacement guy
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 02:31 PM   #6760
Tech Elite
 
wallyedmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brampton ont canada
Posts: 3,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro_moe
Hey guys,,

Can the MTX-3 drive belts fit on the MTX-4..?? I'm really running out of patience with my LHS as it's been almost a month and still no belts.. I found a K-Factory drive belt set on line for a pretty good price..

Thanks and TC..
no
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:59 AM   #6761
Tech Elite
 
rcfoolz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 3,327
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz
Default

if you are looking for side belts, the kyosho side belt works on the car. I've been running them for 5 months
__________________
Am I going back racing?...Hmmm.. Not anytime soon... But soon enough.
rcfoolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:19 AM   #6762
Tech Elite
 
SOLOARTIST 702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: WORLD WIDE
Posts: 3,393
Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

i heard that they worked that is great good info
__________________
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:10 PM   #6763
Tech Fanatic
 
blanks596's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Los Angeles Dojo
Posts: 813
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Having problems with the front outdrives and the skyline cvd's. The cvd's seem to have worn a groove in the outdrives the cvd's shaft pins that go into the outdrives have worn into an oval shape. I think there is too much play between these two parts but is this normal? Are there better made aftermarket parts to resolve this issue?
__________________
Serpent/Desoto Racing
Max S
blanks596 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:53 PM   #6764
Tech Addict
 
rocca30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: fl
Posts: 589
Default

stick with the mugen cvd's and outdrives , ther are the toughest ones made. i've been running mt cvd's for a year now they just dont break.
__________________
RC AMERICA / / HUDY // SRC / / JC JEWELERS/ / GOT GOLD // MAXX POWER // EXTREME RACING FUEL //
rocca30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:02 PM   #6765
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Harwood, MD
Posts: 2,526
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanks596
Having problems with the front outdrives and the skyline cvd's. The cvd's seem to have worn a groove in the outdrives the cvd's shaft pins that go into the outdrives have worn into an oval shape. I think there is too much play between these two parts but is this normal? Are there better made aftermarket parts to resolve this issue?
I have been running the Mugen ones all summer and they look the same as yours. Very worn out but I bet that they have at least 5 gals. of fuel thru them. I don't think that I can ask for more then that.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:27 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net