R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-29-2006, 08:04 AM   #6661
Tech Fanatic

for those with no desire to switch to alum. hexes, part hpi z694 5x10x0.5mm shim works very nice specially when the plastic hexes (shim edge within the hexe) is wore. it also adds offset to your tires.
happy racing
Old 10-29-2006, 01:36 PM   #6662
Tech Champion

Just got back from China and HongKong holiday...... it was nice. I bought some spare parts for MRX4-R, KO Propo Servos, Futaba receivers & crystals from RC Mart in Kwun Tong and City Hobby in Mongkok. The selling price is cheaper than in my country even without discount. I'm surprise RC shops in HK are not many and they don't carry large inventory like in Japan. Make sure you know what to buy and you know the market price..... otherwise you could be "nice dinner" for them.

I don't know the place to buy RC cars in Shanghai
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:27 PM   #6663
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

what do you guys do when experience traction rolling besides using harder compound ? will reduce rear droop do the trick or laying the rear shock down ?
Old 10-29-2006, 09:06 PM   #6664
Tech Apprentice

Default sway bar

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR COMMENT SCOTT.

[QUOTE=Scott Fisher]I never said a blade was bad. I definitely agree that the blade is easier and definitely easier to adjust in short order. One thing I have found with blade sway bars is most people tend to only have 3 settings. Flat, 45deg, straight up and down. With the wire bars I have 5 (I think its five??) different choices and they are quite consistant. Really I got them because they were a lot cheaper to just get the wire bars.

Regarding making grey market purchases vs getting them from the US dist. It might be cheaper in some cases to get stuff from overseas. I just try whenever possible to support the networks setup to service my area. If a part is missing or bent etc.... it is always going to be easier to deal with someone here that you can just pick up the phone and deal with. Like I said I always try to support the people that are here to support me.[/QUOTE
speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:17 PM   #6665
Tech Apprentice

Default traction roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag
what do you guys do when experience traction rolling besides using harder compound ? will reduce rear droop do the trick or laying the rear shock down ?
can do a lot of remedy on traction rolling. one is lower down your ride ht.
two is use harder springs. three is use harder tyres. 4 is increase strg of your
car. 5 is adjust your driving style (make all turns smoother in your strg wheel).
6 is check the tyre difference of your tyre(it should be the recommended tyre
size, you might be starting with a very big tyre also). 7 is check the tweak of
car if ony one side is having a traction roll. 8 is copy the setup of a sponsor
player
speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:46 AM   #6666
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed
can do a lot of remedy on traction rolling. one is lower down your ride ht.
two is use harder springs. three is use harder tyres. 4 is increase strg of your
car. 5 is adjust your driving style (make all turns smoother in your strg wheel).
6 is check the tyre difference of your tyre(it should be the recommended tyre
size, you might be starting with a very big tyre also). 7 is check the tweak of
car if ony one side is having a traction roll. 8 is copy the setup of a sponsor
player

during hte worlds at Brendale QLD, Australia the drivers would put very thin shock oil with a open type piston and a hard spring. the theory being it shifts the weight back up quicker than a higher viscosity shock oil making the car less nosey and shifting the weight back up to a "flat" car position quicker.

another trick is to run higher front ride height as compared to the rear, and double check the track width is as wide as possible.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:05 AM   #6667
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag
traction roll comes from too much roll in the car with too much side bite from the tires. Lets say your using 40's and the car is rolling over in the corners. try using super glue on the sidewall of your front tires. Another is to stand the front sway bar strait up and down with some harder springs. You can also use smaller tires.
Old 10-30-2006, 11:03 AM   #6668
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default mtx-4 front diff

I currently have a mtx-3 prospec and I'm moving up to the mtx-4. My question is; it looks like I can take all of the internals of the rear diff of the mtx-3 and use them in the front diff of a mtx-4. I'm not sure if the mtx-4 comes with the front diff housing and pulley. Anyone have any comments on this idea?
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:28 AM   #6669
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Traction rolling... This is something I am very good at. I like a car that has a lot of steering, because I drive with a jerky motion. I am not that smooth with the steering input. While I use a combination of things to try and eliminate traction rolling, I would use the following things most/all of which have been mentioned.

1. Make your tires smaller. At Revelation raceway (low tire wear, very very very very very high traction) in Cal I have started races with my front tires as small as 55.5mm.

2. Harder tires. This helps a lot too.

3. Stiffen front sway bar.

4. Adjust front upstops so there is very little room for a-arm movement.

While in theory the stiffer springs should help, I have always found when I put stiffer springs on the car traction rolls easier... especially in areas where you are changing directions quickly and often (chicanes, etc).
Old 10-30-2006, 03:42 PM   #6670
Tech Rookie

is there an aluminum insert for the front dif to make a solid front available ? i keep stripping the original plastic insert that comes with the kit
H STAMEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 03:47 PM   #6671
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H STAMEN
is there an aluminum insert for the front dif to make a solid front available ? i keep stripping the original plastic insert that comes with the kit
the best option for you is to go and get the Kawahara front 1 way/spool comination diff, as that will solve all your issues and is much quicker to change back and forth
Old 10-30-2006, 03:49 PM   #6672
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-bump
I currently have a mtx-3 prospec and I'm moving up to the mtx-4. My question is; it looks like I can take all of the internals of the rear diff of the mtx-3 and use them in the front diff of a mtx-4. I'm not sure if the mtx-4 comes with the front diff housing and pulley. Anyone have any comments on this idea?
internal are the same except, the kit comes with the housing and pulley, just beware that unlike the mtx2, the 4 comes with one way pully and diff the same, if you glue it to use the one way, youll need another for the front.
happy racing
Old 10-30-2006, 04:58 PM   #6673
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I didn't know that. So if I understand the kit only comes with one pully to use with either the diff set-up or the one-way set-up.
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:26 PM   #6674
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Traction rolling... This is something I am very good at. I like a car that has a lot of steering, because I drive with a jerky motion. I am not that smooth with the steering input. While I use a combination of things to try and eliminate traction rolling, I would use the following things most/all of which have been mentioned.

1. Make your tires smaller. At Revelation raceway (low tire wear, very very very very very high traction) in Cal I have started races with my front tires as small as 55.5mm.

2. Harder tires. This helps a lot too.

3. Stiffen front sway bar.

4. Adjust front upstops so there is very little room for a-arm movement.

While in theory the stiffer springs should help, I have always found when I put stiffer springs on the car traction rolls easier... especially in areas where you are changing directions quickly and often (chicanes, etc).
this is so true, thiner oil and stiffer springs iv found make the car lose forward grip,
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 08:31 PM   #6675
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by H STAMEN
3racing has one but what ichy said is far better thing to do
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote