R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-28-2006, 10:48 PM   #6646
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Yeah Scott, having different bars is not a bad thing but when you want to make a quick adjustment in Qualifying or right before your race. You can adjust an Adjustable Swaybar faster than you can change one.

For consistency's sake, having different diameter swaybars is better BUT the adjustable kind definitely has its advantages.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:18 PM   #6647
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Yeah Scott, having different bars is not a bad thing but when you want to make a quick adjustment in Qualifying or right before your race. You can adjust an Adjustable Swaybar faster than you can change one.

For consistency's sake, having different diameter swaybars is better BUT the adjustable kind definitely has its advantages.
everyone in the toronto area that has tryed the blads has stayed with them and this is not just the mugen car,wire is ok but it just changes to much.and its kinda a pain to change from one to another.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:24 PM   #6648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
You don't have to go to Japan to get Kawahara. Email [email protected] If the US distributor has the part in stock, he can get it in 1-2 days. I just got the new Kawahara front one-way with both sets of outrdrives. Easy.....
Buy it from Japan it's cheaper than to buy it from the link you gave that gets it from the US distributor
COREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:25 PM   #6649
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

how do you remove the front lower hingepin?
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:27 PM   #6650
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by COREX
Buy it from Japan it's cheaper than to buy it from the link you gave that gets it from the US distributor
Old 10-28-2006, 11:34 PM   #6651
Tech Elite

Got a new camera.

Here's a pic of my wiring, I think it looks a lot better and safer than craming and tucking everything under a cover. I hope this picture helps anyone wondering about how to route the wires.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:34 PM   #6652

Quote:
because the US distributor of Kawahara likes ripping people off by overpricing everything he distibutes.
COREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:38 PM   #6653
Tech Elite

Quote:
because the US distributor of Kawahara likes ripping people off by overpricing everything he distibutes.
now now lets not go there,be nice.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:40 PM   #6654
Tech Elite

Quote:
Got a new camera.

Here's a pic of my wiring, I think it looks a lot better and safer than craming and tucking everything under a cover. I hope this picture helps anyone wondering about how to route the wires.

sweet,iv noticed somthing, nobody runs a switch any more why, is just pluging in better and why thx.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:48 PM   #6655
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
sweet,iv noticed somthing, nobody runs a switch any more why, is just pluging in better and why thx.
I don't have a problem with switches unless they are put in bad positions like on the upperdeck close to the fuel tank cap and overly extended from the radio tray. Those just pu the switch in unneccesary danger. It's a little bit of a hassel switching the car on and off with the direct connection but it better aviods the problems I mentioned with switches.
Old 10-28-2006, 11:52 PM   #6656
Tech Elite

this is how i do it idono it works for me
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4-fscn1591.jpg  
Old 10-29-2006, 12:24 AM   #6657
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for your comment on that.

Quote:

speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:05 AM   #6658
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

I never said a blade was bad. I definitely agree that the blade is easier and definitely easier to adjust in short order. One thing I have found with blade sway bars is most people tend to only have 3 settings. Flat, 45deg, straight up and down. With the wire bars I have 5 (I think its five??) different choices and they are quite consistant. Really I got them because they were a lot cheaper to just get the wire bars.

Regarding making grey market purchases vs getting them from the US dist. It might be cheaper in some cases to get stuff from overseas. I just try whenever possible to support the networks setup to service my area. If a part is missing or bent etc.... it is always going to be easier to deal with someone here that you can just pick up the phone and deal with. Like I said I always try to support the people that are here to support me.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:14 AM   #6659
Tech Elite

come to think of it i do get most of my stuff from my LHS,and the blads for the mtx4 has marks on it so you can move them just a little at a time,the mtx3 one did not have this.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:25 AM   #6660
Tech Rookie

Default Mtx4 newbie

Hi Guys,
I have just finished building my new MTX4 and it was very easy to put together, instructions were easy to read, apart from the old bit of japanese english. I was looking at the mtx4 knowledge data base and it shows a mod you can do to the belt tensioner, as i was putting my mtx4 together i noticed that they have now made that mod from the factory with the countersunk holes in the right place using the original screws.
I dont know if it has been covered before just thought i would bring it up.
I am very impressed with the car and cant wait to get out there and race it.
ragent is offline   Reply With Quote