R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-01-2006, 11:00 PM   #6286
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to richey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
here are a few pic of my beast
You should try the Serpent pipe holder it would give a little more give than the Mugen and you won't have to put a bend in it.
JoshStevensFoundation.org
richey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:23 AM   #6287
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by richey
You should try the Serpent pipe holder it would give a little more give than the Mugen and you won't have to put a bend in it.
that sounds good to me the mugen one is a pain in the ass if your pipe is short thanks
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:50 AM   #6288
Tech Elite

Has anybody tried the Kawahara solid/oneway device? Any opinions on it?
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:20 AM   #6289
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGRacer
Has anybody tried the Kawahara solid/oneway device? Any opinions on it?
Alan have you found a place to buy one from? If so i would also be interested in getting one.

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 05:41 AM   #6290
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
Alan have you found a place to buy one from? If so i would also be interested in getting one.
i have spoken to trackide rc and they are looking at stocking kawahara items, just ask at brendale they might to be able to get them

Mugen MRX-4X/4PK 2.4GHz FASST/ Sirio S21 WCR/ Matrix Tyres
EVIL-ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:51 AM   #6291
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

if you want kawahara parts straight away email Pro shop futaba or RC Champ they can get any kawahara part you want and no body will beat there price's usually cheaper then the prices on the kawahara website
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 07:31 AM   #6292
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by richey
Yep... the serpent pipe hanger is on my cars from many years ago, much better than the mugen one, gives you more clearance on that area that's very crowded of pieces. Look at the next attachment I posted some time ago:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=122348

Another nifty trick is to swap the one-way outdrives for a set of spare parts of Xray electric car (the Mugen are good, but the Xray are lighter and more resistant to yield forces). The ones I use came originally from a Xray T1 front one-way and after from my MTX3 (are made of Hudy spring steel and are amost indestructible).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:40 AM   #6293
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corse-R
Yep... the serpent pipe hanger is on my cars from many years ago, much better than the mugen one, gives you more clearance on that area that's very crowded of pieces. Look at the next attachment I posted some time ago:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=122348

Another nifty trick is to swap the one-way outdrives for a set of spare parts of Xray electric car (the Mugen are good, but the Xray are lighter and more resistant to yield forces). The ones I use came originally from a Xray T1 front one-way and after from my MTX3 (are made of Hudy spring steel and are amost indestructible).
I was talkig about the actual wire not the holder that bolts to the upper deck. Serpent makes a wire that has several loops in it that is pre-bent and clears the front pulley very nicely
Old 10-02-2006, 02:33 PM   #6294
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
Yeah man I know somebody in Hong Kong who can get most things for me if I cant get them here. If I decide to get one I can get another for you if you want.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:10 PM   #6295
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Count me in for one to Al
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:18 PM   #6296
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
My Novak 4.5 made a mess of my rear Spring Steel outdrives on my T2. I'd hate to think of what my STI or Plus 12 will do to them when the clutch engages at around 20,000 odd RPM
Rody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 04:14 PM   #6297
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGRacer
Yeah man I know somebody in Hong Kong who can get most things for me if I cant get them here. If I decide to get one I can get another for you if you want.
Yeah that would be great if you could man. Just let me know how much and when/if you get it.

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:25 PM   #6298
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody
My Novak 4.5 made a mess of my rear Spring Steel outdrives on my T2. I'd hate to think of what my STI or Plus 12 will do to them when the clutch engages at around 20,000 odd RPM
I can show you the shape of my outdrives after more than 80 litres of fuel (they started on my Xray, then on the MTX3 and now on the MTX4) the shape is great, no visual damage nor wear of the outdrive, at least for me works great.

P.S: I'll post some actual photos of the outdrives on the next days.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 06:34 PM   #6299
Tech Master

Quote:
I can show you the shape of my outdrives after more than 80 litres of fuel (they started on my Xray, then on the MTX3 and now on the MTX4) the shape is great, no visual damage nor wear of the outdrive, at least for me works great.

Also how about the part #
Old 10-02-2006, 08:50 PM   #6300
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Richey, Xray Spring Steels Outdrives are part #305131.

CorseR, sweet tip. I have every gen Xray and never thought of trying the outdrives. Maybe cause I never wanted to strip them of any parts, but this carpet season I'll pick up a few more for next yrs nitro season.

IMHO, Xray's quaility is hard to beat. But for nitro cars, Mugen is just as comparable in quality and durability.

Rody, your 4.5 would smoke any .12 if you put them on the carpet together. That's mad brushless hp. It's no wonder your rear Spring Steels are mangled. especially if we're talking foams tires.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote