R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-25-2006, 05:34 AM   #6211
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yes i had the same trouble with my mugen x 12, barely made 5 minutes runtime, untill i found that the lsn was too rich
once properly tuned runtime wasnt a prob but keeping the car on the track was
Old 09-25-2006, 07:07 AM   #6212
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing
Hops you need for mtx-4:
Front CVD, Teflon Brake Pad, 4mm rear shock tower, Alu wheel hub, Ti steering rod, Ti turn buckle rod, Ti pivot balls, ventilate brake disk, alu engine mount, T0270 side belt, Steel 1st and 2nd pinion gear, and Kawahara rear swaybar set. mugen 4mm chassis is optional.
Too much bling, bling!....

The unique that really is needed for the car is the front CVD's, with only this, the car performs very well... but if you want to remove some weight, a Ti screw set (upper side) is on order.

Additionally, if you use a front diff and your track is heavy on the braking, you may need some ventilated disk along some teflon pads or the blue pads (personal likings here).

The rest, may pertain to personal bling bling...
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:32 AM   #6213
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboss
hey guys, can u please comment on my front suspension
basically im tryin to get it as low as 4mm, but that means putting the thread right at the top, which therfore means minimum suspension travel (hope it makes sense)

is this right??
boss, you probably don't want to start your run at 4mm. For 5-10min quals, you'll want to have 5-5.25mm ride height (depending on tire wear). If your car feels good at the end of your last qualifying run, without changing your final setup, fine tune it with setup guages. If you didn't hit anything to tweak it, you'll probably just need to mess with droop and/or spring collars. Then you'll need to re-calculate your tire wear for a longer main.

Example: Finished my 4th Q with a 4.5mm rideheight. Car felt dialed at end of that race. Tire wear was pretty bad. Calulated what I would need to run for 30min qualifier. Started Rear Left=64.25/Rear Right=63.5, Front Left=61/Front Right=59.6 ... Slapped them onto my last finishing setup. Starting ride height was around 8.25mm. But at the end of my Main, the car had a 5mm r/h and all the tires were only .25mm off from each other.

Begining of the race, car felt a little slugginsh and rolled a lot, but in the last 10-12min., Car started hooking up and I was able to lay it down harder.

Any specific reason why you need a 4mm front r/h?
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:50 AM   #6214
Tech Champion

4mm front ride height ? hhhmmmm.... let me guess

Super flat and super smooth race track ? Super ground effect ?
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 11:59 AM   #6215
Tech Apprentice

4mm just like on set up sheet, but im runnin on 5mm now,
bigboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 12:45 PM   #6216
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I am selling the rest of my MTX-4 parts. Here is the link to the thread .
Old 09-25-2006, 05:37 PM   #6217
Tech Initiate

Default MTX-4 parts

Could someone tell me where I can get parts for this car online?

thanks
BeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:46 PM   #6218
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

http://www.nitrohouse.com - 20% off list
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 05:48 PM   #6219
Tech Elite

I usually bought mine from www.acehardwarehobbies.com . They are good guys and take care of their customers.
Old 09-25-2006, 06:47 PM   #6220
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB
can any users please give me their opinions on the kawlahalalala 3mm chassis? i had one and sold it before i used it, now i've decided to purchase one. is it the same as the mugen 3mm or is it stiffer? how does it fair in a crash? easy to bend?
I checked once and found the stock Mugen chassis is stiffer then the Kawahara 3mm.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 06:52 PM   #6221
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanks596
I heard a rumor that there are 2 types of fuel tanks available for the mtx4; suppossedly the ealier models came with a smaller tank. I'm having trouble making 5 min. Ive changed the gearing to as high as my engine could handle, but still had problems (58/18 and 52/24) I basically have to run a perfect race to make the laps and times. I'm running a N12LL3 which I've had for a year.
Max,
You may have the wrong engine and pipe combo. Revelations track layout is high RPM and if you notice a lot of people came in for splashes throughout the weekend for the quals. I'm having the same problem so I may change my pipe. I too am not making time but than again im running a powerful but thirsty 12+3
Old 09-25-2006, 09:48 PM   #6222
Tech Initiate

Default Tool to adjust camber/ turnbuckle

Hi,

Just got my mtx-4 and I do not have the tool to adjust camber/ turnbuckle, its like a hook or something what do you call that tool to adjust camber?

Thanks

Last edited by BeBop; 09-25-2006 at 10:00 PM.
BeBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 09:54 PM   #6223
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEChris
Max,
You may have the wrong engine and pipe combo. Revelations track layout is high RPM and if you notice a lot of people came in for splashes throughout the weekend for the quals. I'm having the same problem so I may change my pipe. I too am not making time but than again im running a powerful but thirsty 12+3
Chris, I was at the Kyosho race also running the same engine as you. I didn't have a problem making runtime once I had the tuning down. I started bresking in the motor the week before and it's still not broken in after the race. Actually, I don't think that Revelation is too high RPM oriented. What pipe are you using? Did you shim up?
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:16 PM   #6224
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Also, the car is working really good now. It seems like we got a good setup that works pretty much everywhere. Marco Acosta seem to have the fastest car in the main. Whoever gave him the setup is dialed and doesn't race much.

Also, thanks to Brian and Darin for the pit work. Sorry my driving wasn't as good as your pit stops.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 10:18 PM   #6225
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Also, the car is working really good now. It seems like we got a good setup that works pretty much everywhere. Marco Acosta seem to have the fastest car in the main. Whoever gave him the setup is dialed and doesn't race much.

I got the setup from the same guy at the Nats. It helped me get into the A-main along with Marc's "loaner" motor. It's a good thing that I bought insurance for that motor.
mrckymrk is offline   Reply With Quote