R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-28-2006, 11:33 AM   #5926
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREELANCE_RCer
I don't think that's a good idea on the car. It's too thick and it will degfinitely hit the carb.
Well, it is in the car now and does not hit, just trying to find a location to get some more. Got it from a friend and he can not remember where he got it from.
JJ187RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:58 AM   #5927
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ187RC
Does anyone know who makes this brake disc and where I can find one?
The car in the picture belongs to Larry Pryor. I would imagine that P-Dub racing will be carrying the product soon.
I have seen this car in action at the last Southwest Series race in Texas and it does not hit the carb. It works well with no fade as I was told. I have not seen the product on their webpage yet. That is all that I know about the disc.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:07 PM   #5928
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Stop by the MTX-4 Knowledge Base for a video I shot of two MTX-4s during our last local club race. These are two of the top MTX-4 guys that race at our track. Enjoy!
Kyosho V-ONE RRR WC (x2) \ XRAY T2'007 \ Also owned: XRAY NT1 & Mugen MTX-4
rmdhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 12:45 PM   #5929
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Correct, That is Larry's car and I am trying to find one for a buddy of mine her in the Dallas area.

Last edited by JJ187RC; 08-28-2006 at 01:45 PM.
JJ187RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:04 PM   #5930
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sook
The car in the picture belongs to Larry Pryor. I would imagine that P-Dub racing will be carrying the product soon.
I have seen this car in action at the last Southwest Series race in Texas and it does not hit the carb. It works well with no fade as I was told. I have not seen the product on their webpage yet. That is all that I know about the disc.
i used somthing like this in my mtx2 its ok and its light,but i dont use alot of break so i dont need this maybe to save some weight,looks cool
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:05 PM   #5931
Tech Elite

lets see your cars ppl
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4-fscn1593.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-dscn1590.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-fscn1597.jpg  
Old 08-30-2006, 11:39 AM   #5932
Tech Initiate

Hello Guys,

I'm trying to get back to RC (Fun and Competitive) I got an MTX-2 like 4 or 5 years ago...not sure when but I practice with it a couple of times only and sold it coz of me getting married
Now I want to get back to RC and thinking of gettin me a Nitro car again...tought of MTX-4 but a friend of mine also suggested the Serpent 720.
Would any of your guys give me an overlook of the two kits? Just want to know which is better and have more parts for upgrade(Hop-ups) for a better performance in competition.
By the way, my skill level in driving is still low if that means anything of me purchasing a new kit.

My thanks to all in advance.

Kid

By the way, I got me an M11...need a kit to use it
Drift Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:30 PM   #5933
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Kid
Now I want to get back to RC and thinking of gettin me a Nitro car again...tought of MTX-4 but a friend of mine also suggested the Serpent 720.
Would any of your guys give me an overlook of the two kits? Just want to know which is better and have more parts for upgrade(Hop-ups) for a better performance in competition.
By the way, my skill level in driving is still low if that means anything of me purchasing a new kit.
Well... any answer given here will be biased towards to the MTX4, but... my advice is to get anything you have plenty of parts near your LHS (no matter what kit is: RRR, MTX, G4, 720... this will be the best car for you).

I would suggest to you a MTX4, from box stock is very balanced and needs very few things just to be almost perfect (front CVD's). Anything over this could be an extra and this is where you can start burning big bucks, you can add a Ti screw set (only the upper side, the lower side is just bling and make your car worse), rubber belts and a large etcetera, but the only really necesary is the front CVD's.

Any of the two cars have lots of hop-ups and while not necesary, sometimes is good to have a little bling on your car depending your personal prefs, I prefeer to stay very short on those things and the unique parts I have 'not Mugen' are the brake disk, the main shaft (hollowed, made by Square) and the clutch bell (made in Aluminium by JP).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:44 PM   #5934
Tech Apprentice

hey guys just got a new mugen mtx 4 wit nova +12 3
just building it now, and onto engine installation
on part 46
i need tips on how to get that clutch spring in and tighting the part on top of it
i just cant seem to push it down hard enuff to screw it down
thanks in advance
mat
bigboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:47 PM   #5935
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboss
hey guys just got a new mugen mtx 4 wit nova +12 3
just building it now, and onto engine installation
on part 46
i need tips on how to get that clutch spring in and tighting the part on top of it
i just cant seem to push it down hard enuff to screw it down
thanks in advance
mat
You need the clutch spring tool!!

http://rc-mushroom.com/product_info....oducts_id=2629

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 12:49 PM   #5936
Tech Apprentice

my fingers are hurting!!
anyway i can to it witout the tool??
bigboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:22 PM   #5937
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboss

my fingers are hurting!!
anyway i can to it witout the tool??
Use some pliers or vice-grips until you can get the clutch tool!!

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:49 PM   #5938
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift Kid
Hello Guys,

I'm trying to get back to RC (Fun and Competitive) I got an MTX-2 like 4 or 5 years ago...not sure when but I practice with it a couple of times only and sold it coz of me getting married

My thanks to all in advance.

Kid

By the way, I got me an M11...need a kit to use it
i will say the mtx4, its easyer to drive and work on and you dont need alot of hopups just the front cvds,the 720 is a good car but its harder to setup but what ever you get rrr 720 g4s mtx4 have fun
Old 08-30-2006, 02:52 PM   #5939
Tech Elite

i have a ko now thinking of the m11 what do you guys think and why,i see alot of guys usen the m11 but i dont know why.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:15 PM   #5940
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
i will say the mtx4, its easyer to drive and work on and you dont need alot of hopups just the front cvds,the 720 is a good car but its harder to setup but what ever you get rrr 720 g4s mtx4 have fun
I think you are confused with the 710. The 720 out of the box with the stock setup is awesome and really easy to work on and setup. You don't need any hopup. Plus the US version comes with front diff, one way or lock set. What else you can ask?
miker2209 is offline   Reply With Quote