R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-16-2006, 04:37 PM   #5806
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMGRacer
Follow up report on the Pro-Spec brake disc.
Not a problem bro... if you insist on using front diff, you're asking for overheat and fading with that shitty disk, better to add 7grams and have sure if you yank the brake it will stop rather than coast until the hairpin or the concrete wall.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:47 PM   #5807
Tech Rookie

wassup guys! So...I've been running my car for about 2 weeks now. I love it...but I just can't seem to get used to the front one-way. Braking sucks! I've adjusted my radio abs plus mechanically on the car to a point where I'll get as much brake I can without the car pulling or spinning out. However, I lose so much time/distance at the end of a straight going into the turn. The guys with regular diffs just out brake me. How do you guys counter the effects of the front one-way? Or is it I'm just too worried about going into the corner too hot and I should just have confidence that the car will just stick? BTW, I've got the car setup according to the setup sheet but with 30,000 wt diff oil.
kriptikracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:55 PM   #5808
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Racing4Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriptikracing
wassup guys! So...I've been running my car for about 2 weeks now. I love it...but I just can't seem to get used to the front one-way. Braking sucks! I've adjusted my radio abs plus mechanically on the car to a point where I'll get as much brake I can without the car pulling or spinning out. However, I lose so much time/distance at the end of a straight going into the turn. The guys with regular diffs just out brake me. How do you guys counter the effects of the front one-way? Or is it I'm just too worried about going into the corner too hot and I should just have confidence that the car will just stick? BTW, I've got the car setup according to the setup sheet but with 30,000 wt diff oil.
Driving with a oneway definitely requires a different driving style. I liken driving with a one-way to driving an out of control car. Sometimes being fast around a track will mean your car is out of control or at the edge of control.

You know your car is going to spin when you get on the brakes so why not use it to your advantage as best as possible by timing it so that the car will rotate at the apex of the corner. It takes a little practice to make it look like your car is not out of control. I like to set up my car with heavy understeer when I drive like this so I can be aggressive with throttle, brake and steering input. I hope that helps. It isn't always the fastest way around a track but it's there as a driving style to think about.
Racing4Evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:19 PM   #5809
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Driving with a oneway definitely requires a different driving style. I liken driving with a one-way to driving an out of control car. Sometimes being fast around a track will mean your car is out of control or at the edge of control.

You know your car is going to spin when you get on the brakes so why not use it to your advantage as best as possible by timing it so that the car will rotate at the apex of the corner. It takes a little practice to make it look like your car is not out of control. I like to set up my car with heavy understeer when I drive like this so I can be aggressive with throttle, brake and steering input. I hope that helps. It isn't always the fastest way around a track but it's there as a driving style to think about.
You must be a rookie!
mrckymrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 08:58 PM   #5810
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriptikracing
A particular track I run at requires 4 wheel braking, so I installed a diff. Problem solved. There are some tracks where you just require the braking to be either consistent or even fast. Get hold of the parts to make a front diff and see if it suits your track better by looking at the lap and race times.
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:31 PM   #5811
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigga15
I am still having a hard time getting the clutch spring fitted, any suggestions?
Thanks
If you're short on cash to buy the tools here's what to do. Grab your self a towel and push it in hard and turn clockwise ( I know it's hard but works for me before) You must have a strong arm.
SuPeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 09:37 PM   #5812
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigga15
I am still having a hard time getting the clutch spring fitted, any suggestions?
Thanks
Make sure you're not putting the spring seat in upside down,spring should fit in recess of cup spring seat, I can always put even the hard spring on and adjust with bare hands, tool makes it easier, but should not need it.

Take the clutch back apart and start over, very simple unit.
busman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 11:59 PM   #5813
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrckymrk
You must be a rookie!
Compared to you, of course I'm a rookie. Not all of us can make the A-main at the ROAR Nationals like you Marco! I really think you should thank your pitman and engine supplier, oh wait they're the same person.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:01 AM   #5814
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing4Evo
Compared to you, of course I'm a rookie. Not all of us can make the A-main at the ROAR Nationals like you Marco! I really think you should thank your pitman and engine supplier, oh wait they're the same person.
Are you the long lost "California Sunny Boy?"
mrckymrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:08 AM   #5815
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
It's interesting you said mtx4 get understeer than previous mtx3. I find the other way around.
Yes, you're right I was amazed because I drove a mate mtx3 it was understeer and it was the same setup as my mtx3. With mtx4 he goes 1 sec quicker now, I go 2 seconds slower
SuPeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 12:26 AM   #5816
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrckymrk
Are you the long lost "California Sunny Boy?"
No, that's not me. You must have me confused with "the stragler".
Old 08-17-2006, 03:23 AM   #5817
Tech Master

anybody seen rcfools? my topdeck done yet?
dg8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 05:13 AM   #5818
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

not yet. Had to spend some time with the wives family this past weekend. Wife demanded it

I'll need an address, pm it to me.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:31 AM   #5819
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Slo-MTX4

Guys i am struggling at the moment with engine dramas. What i have is a bottom end problem the engine wont return back to idle and if it does eventually get back to idle it takes a long time to. What i thought this was was air leaks in my engine, however i put a different engine in the car last night because someone insisted i try it to keep me racing and the same result. So what i think it comes back to now is either pipe or furel tank. Has anyone had any similar problem with a tank?

Cheers Dan

PODIFIED ENGINES/Trackside RC
Slo-MTX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2006, 06:45 AM   #5820
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
Guys i am struggling at the moment with engine dramas. What i have is a bottom end problem the engine wont return back to idle and if it does eventually get back to idle it takes a long time to. What i thought this was was air leaks in my engine, however i put a different engine in the car last night because someone insisted i try it to keep me racing and the same result. So what i think it comes back to now is either pipe or furel tank. Has anyone had any similar problem with a tank?

Cheers Dan
Try replacing all your fuel tubing as well. Do you use a pressure chamber or a lot of extra tubing for pressure? Check those and make sure the fuel lid is sealing. I've heard of fuel tanks developing leaks before...very rare. Check all around the tank where the two parts are fused together. You can also remove the tank, spray the tank with Windex, plug up one hole, blow through the other and look for bubbles. The only way the pipe would make a difference is if the nipple was clogged or somehow no back pressure was coming through it. Hope is helps.