R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 08-12-2006, 09:26 PM   #5761
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Sorry, I just notice this.

I don't glue them. It won't come off.
i dont spend 260 a year and i dont realy change it every 2 weeks just when i notice the clutch not right.now when you shim the shoe this changes the nut measurement, check this.
wallyedmonds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:47 PM   #5762
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Guys:

The grey clutch shoe lasts quite a while on a sedan and retail is $7.49 for a new one. When it wears out, replace it.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:49 PM   #5763
Tech Elite

and the yellow one dont wear that bad eether,just clean it. but the black well thats another story.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:29 AM   #5764
Tech Adept

Default NEED MAJOR HELP SETTING UP MTX-4

Hi Guys,

Ever since I moved up to MTX-4 I find it hard to setup the car to suit the track condition! Here is the following problem I had, and believed me I have changed all the necessary bits and adjustment just to make the car better

1. The car is very responsive (good), the car tend to have no grip in the middle of the turn (understeer)
2. The car is unstable during braking (rear tails to the right or left), I have reduced the brake but then there is not enough brake!
3. The car takes sometime to settle down be back on the power again!

I have tried different settings tire compound, front and rear droop, Harder and softer stabilizer.
NEED HELP DESPERATELY!!! Thanks
SuPeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 03:32 AM   #5765
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuPeR
Hi Guys,

Ever since I moved up to MTX-4 I find it hard to setup the car to suit the track condition! Here is the following problem I had, and believed me I have changed all the necessary bits and adjustment just to make the car better

1. The car is very responsive (good), the car tend to have no grip in the middle of the turn (understeer)
2. The car is unstable during braking (rear tails to the right or left), I have reduced the brake but then there is not enough brake!

I have tried different settings tire compound, front and rear droop, Harder and softer stabilizer.
try running extra castor and also in the front roll centre run one and a half shims,both of which have given me improved steering,your brake issue try using the yellow pads as they are a lot smoother,but if you are running the one way braking is difficult,if your track is tight you can also try the locked front diff as this provides 4 wheel braking and mid corner steering is also good
chookgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 03:43 AM   #5766
Tech Adept

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookgb
try running extra castor and also in the front roll centre run one and a half shims,both of which have given me improved steering,your brake issue try using the yellow pads as they are a lot smoother,but if you are running the one way braking is difficult,if your track is tight you can also try the locked front diff as this provides 4 wheel braking and mid corner steering is also good
Ok, I have tried taking the shims off, but never try putting extra on it ( I thought it would give you more steering if you take it off it does just intial turn but the same thing udersteer in mid corner) good suggestion.
I had the blue pad ( big mistake ).
Front locked diff about to try that out
Thanks Heaps
SuPeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 04:05 AM   #5767
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Quote:
Ok, I have tried taking the shims off, but never try putting extra on it ( I thought it would give you more steering if you take it off it does just intial turn but the same thing udersteer in mid corner) good suggestion.
I had the blue pad ( big mistake ).
Front locked diff about to try that out
Thanks Heaps
If you took the shrims off from the front, you just increase the front roll centre.
CHOOKGB gave you the right advice by asked u to add more shims
jca2000au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:29 AM   #5768
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

where online can i buy these products they are made by M Mod in germany
M-Mod mugen seiki
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4-mmod_h9356_180.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-mmod_h9362_180.jpg  
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 08:31 PM   #5769
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca2000au
If you took the shrims off from the front, you just increase the front roll centre.
CHOOKGB gave you the right advice by asked u to add more shims
take shims out you lower RC add shims you raze RC to get more steering in mid corner take out shims try 1mm or no shims and in the rear lower arms try the high point and add drop in the rear to get forword roll.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:35 PM   #5770
Tech Elite

Quote:
Hi Guys,

try a diff if you use alot of break or try to set up the car so you only need the break to slow down or roll the weight to the front,and try 400 to 450 oil in the shocks
Old 08-13-2006, 08:38 PM   #5771
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
where online can i buy these products they are made by M Mod in germany
M-Mod mugen seiki
whats the box
Old 08-13-2006, 08:48 PM   #5772
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi Guys,

FIRST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A TWEAK FREE SETUP.TWEAK WILL MAKE YOUR CAR DO STRANGE THINGS.HOW MUCH TOE OUT YOU RUNNING?THE MORE TOE YOU RUN THE MORE INITIAL TURN IN YOU WILL HAVE,BUT THE YOU GET A PUSH,IF RUNNIG TOO MUCH TOE OUT.ALSO TRY CHANGING YOUR DROOP IN THE REAR.LESS WOULD HELP THE CAR ROTATE BETTER
Team Trinity
[url]www.teamtrinity.com[/url]
Gary Figueroa
GFIGUEROA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:03 PM   #5773
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANINTHEMUGEN
FIRST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A TWEAK FREE SETUP.TWEAK WILL MAKE YOUR CAR DO STRANGE THINGS.HOW MUCH TOE OUT YOU RUNNING?THE MORE TOE YOU RUN THE MORE INITIAL TURN IN YOU WILL HAVE,BUT THE YOU GET A PUSH,IF RUNNIG TOO MUCH TOE OUT.ALSO TRY CHANGING YOUR DROOP IN THE REAR.LESS WOULD HELP THE CAR ROTATE BETTER
not rotate but make the rear loose,loss of grip.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:07 PM   #5774
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallyedmonds
take shims out you lower RC add shims you raze RC to get more steering in mid corner take out shims try 1mm or no shims and in the rear lower arms try the high point and add drop in the rear to get forword roll.
you RAISE front RC by taking the shims out.......
and you LOWER front RC by adding shims

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:14 PM   #5775
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing
you RAISE front RC by taking the shims out.......
and you LOWER front RC by adding shims
sorry yes you guys are right.