R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-01-2005, 12:55 PM   #541
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Hahaha...... too bad elin is already taken !!

you can keep elin, how about the two on the sides ?
Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:49 PM   #542
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez

hint: click on my signature

anyways... it's finally september! just a few more weeks of waiting
Ok...from now on whenever you change your avatar we need a link
JustRace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 04:02 AM   #543
Suspended

Send a message via MSN to rinkeberg

when is the Mugen MTX4 being released??
rinkeberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 05:13 AM   #544
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My info sya 9/26/05 !!!!
reddishdsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 06:41 AM   #545
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mike or Robie, have you guys driven the V-one-RRR? How does the MTX4 compare on the track? Getting tired of every one around here claiming that the V1RRR is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I even hear guys telling me that its better than the MTX4, and they haven't even seen the car yet?

Now these same guys are all over me on the track with the V1RRR, but my Prospec is very fast, and still able to mix with them in the "A" mains. I had a bad few months, but seem to be back on track now.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:42 AM   #546
Suspended

Send a message via MSN to rinkeberg

ok thanx , hope thats right
rinkeberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 07:47 AM   #547
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

man my mtx3 handles better than a rrr.the rrr has some major drivetrain durability issues.
racer x 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:51 AM   #548
Tech Elite

Jea3,

Don't worry about those racers. Many of them are bandwagon fans that will switch cars when the next "latest and greatest" come out. Heck, many of them giving you a hard time now will probably switch to the MTX-4 when it comes out, then switch to the new Serpent 200mm car when it comes out. I am a loyal Mugen follower since my switch from Serpent and still show many, on the club level, that the MTX-2 is still a viable race car that can still kick butt of the "latest and greatest" that they run. Don't let the Kyosho bandwagon fans sway you, just keep running "Mr. Reliable", the MTX-3 and when almost all of them switch cars, and they will, ask them why did they switch from the all-mighty Kyosho V one RRR (you will probably get many rolled eyes and death/kick your a$$ stares when you ask that question ).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:30 AM   #549
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jea3
Mike or Robie, have you guys driven the V-one-RRR? How does the MTX4 compare on the track? Getting tired of every one around here claiming that the V1RRR is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I even hear guys telling me that its better than the MTX4, and they haven't even seen the car yet?

Now these same guys are all over me on the track with the V1RRR, but my Prospec is very fast, and still able to mix with them in the "A" mains. I had a bad few months, but seem to be back on track now.
We haven't driven either car so I don't no how they compare.
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 10:45 AM   #550
Tech Addict

Thanks JLock. I wasn't going to go to the Kyosho, even if Mugen didn't have a new car. I'm pretty loyal to what ever car I decide to run. I tried the R40, and it handles pretty good, but can't take a hit. I've been running my Mugen for a couple of years now. Just got my Prospec early this year. Even running the Mugen X12 engine. Loved it so much, that when it was starting to lose a little performance, I went out and got another brand new X12.

Question. On short tracks, both parking lot and real tracks, with some to little traction, with bumps, what do you guys like? Front diff? Spool?

I went from a spool to a diff. At the race this weekend, traction will be an issue, and it has bumps. This is a popular race at Superior Hobbies, with over 120 entries for the last 2 races, so I really would like to TQ this one.

My car setup right now: 1 deg toe out in front, 3 deg toe in on rear. 5.5mm ride height front and rear. 40 weight oil in front shocks, 35 in rear, light blue springs all around. 50,000 oil in front diff, 5,000 in rear. 0 droop in front, -4 in rear. Rear shocks are 1 hole up from being layed down, front is 1 hole from being stright up. Mugen tires, 40 shore in front, 37 in rear, trued to 60 in front, 61.5 in rear, with the new stratus 3.0 body. Camber is -2 in front -2 1/4 in rear.

Usually the track layout is tight and technical with little traction for Nitro cars.

Thanks for any input.

UPDATE: Looks like I might be the only Mugen this weekend, as the last guy that races with me, just got a RRR Worlds. I really want to lay it on them this weekend. I have the power, and with CVEC's new midrange pipe, I really seem to be able to hold my own against the higher HP motors.

Old 09-02-2005, 10:54 AM   #551
Tech Addict

Here is another picture for you all.

This is an HPI body that Paintin Pete did for the HPI challenge, where I ran the R40. After almost everyone that ended up in the "A" main broke CVD's, and I gave my last set out, then ended up braking a CVD myself. Hobby shop ran out, so I spent all night moding MTX3 CVD's to fit.

I took the body off the HPI car, and re-lettered it for a race last weekend. I'm now fitting a new Protoform Stratus 3.0 with the same paint job. This will be the paint job on CVEC cars from now on. I'll get some pics of the new body this weekend, as pictures are taken for RC Car Action magazine, for upcoming article about the new CVEC.

Old 09-02-2005, 11:45 AM   #552
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jea3
Thanks JLock. .... My car setup right now: 1 deg toe out in front, 3 deg toe in on rear. 5.5mm ride height front and rear. 40 weight oil in front shocks, 35 in rear, light blue springs all around. 50,000 oil in front diff, 5,000 in rear. 0 droop in front, -4 in rear. Rear shocks are 1 hole up from being layed down, front is 1 hole from being stright up. Mugen tires, 40 shore in front, 37 in rear, trued to 60 in front, 61.5 in rear, with the new stratus 3.0 body. Camber is -2 in front -2 1/4 in rear.

Usually the track layout is tight and technical with little traction for Nitro cars.

Thanks for any input.
No problem Jea. This is the setup on my car that I run at most tracks: 0.5 degree toe-in front, 3 degrees toe-in rear, 4.5mm ride height front, 5.5mm ride height rear, 50wt shock oil all the way around, light blue shock springs all the way around, 50,000wt oil in front diff, 30,000wt oil rear diff, 2 droop in front, 4 droop in the rear, front and rear shock 2nd hole up from bottom hole, 45 to 40 shore tires front, 42 to 37 shore tires rear, front tires trued to 61 to 60, rear tires trued to 63 to 62, front camber -2, rear camber -3.

What has helped my car's performance was switching from the front one-way to the front diff. I will probably never switch back to the one-way after going to the diff due to having brakes and having better cornering on tight tracks.
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 02:15 PM   #553
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C

Wow nice big picture it jumped out at me and took up my hole screen.
ROBBIE C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2005, 09:46 PM   #554
Tech Master

[QUOTE= I never switch back to the one-way after going to the diff due to having brakes and having better cornering on tight tracks.[/QUOTE]

same here since i got the car i never run one-way......tight...big tracks alway have diff
dg8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:56 AM   #555
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car Breaker
Why will I joining word-eating contest?
I make no prediction of release date, but I really like to see those"prophet" eat their word and type it

I have spoken to a japanese friend and they have pre ordered their kits already. But they dont guarantee that thay can buy one since its the first release.
typer is offline   Reply With Quote