R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-04-2006, 04:41 PM   #5251
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default yo roger

YO roger, u the man! how is the track surface ? how much rubber do u lose in a 5m. qual.
isuzuguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:11 PM   #5252
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isuzuguy
YO roger, u the man! how is the track surface ? how much rubber do u lose in a 5m. qual.
Thanks. Track surface is smooth. During a one minute qualifer using GRP 40's, I lost around .50mm of foams on all four corners depending on how agressive I drove the car. During the 45 minute main, I started off in the rear at 62.25mm and ended up with 57.75mm of foam.
Old 07-04-2006, 05:25 PM   #5253
Tech Adept

thanks Roger for the setup and track info
the rear arms you have set in the lowest postion for a high bite track
would you use the higest postion for a slippery track?

thx
Lou

Last edited by look; 07-04-2006 at 05:39 PM.
look is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:35 PM   #5254
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hare
Hey Doc ~ we found at Nationals some of the older tanks were a little over size, but on the newer tanks they are legal. I would have it checked before you race. Just in case.
I got my kit in Dec. of last year, would you call that a old or new kit?
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:37 PM   #5255
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

There are more factors to consider when it comes to setting up your car for either high or low traction situations. For low traction tracks, I usually use Fukada's set-up located at www.mugenseiki.com. I'll usually change the set-up to suit my driving style as well. Remember, its good to use a driver's set-up, but keep in mind that you may have to change it according to your driving style. For low traction tracks, i'l use a front spool or a front differential depending on how the track is configured. Is the track your racing on short or long ? What do they use for traction ? Is is on concrete or asphalt ? Let me know so that I can try my best to help you.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:10 PM   #5256
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
Mugen MTX-4 takes TQ and the top 2 podium positions at the RC pro series west round 2 race in Santa Clara, California. I set TQ while Alan Mishaga and I finished 1st and 2nd beating the field by a full 5 laps with 122 laps completed in a 45 minute A-main. I talked to Mishaga and both of our cars looked flawless when we inspected our cars yesterday .

Click here for results: http://www.rams-rc.com/
Awesome job, Roger! Props to Mishaga too!
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:08 AM   #5257
Tech Apprentice

Default MTX-4 ProSpec

Anyone have an idea or know when the MTX-4 ProSpec model coming out?

I have a V1RR Evo and want convert to the 'dark-side'.

How many of you guys buy 2 kits to ensure no problems with spares when at the track?
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:41 AM   #5258
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn
Anyone have an idea or know when the MTX-4 ProSpec model coming out?

I have a V1RR Evo and want convert to the 'dark-side'.

How many of you guys buy 2 kits to ensure no problems with spares when at the track?
I ran the RR Evo for several years my self and when I switched to the MTX-3 Prospec I couldn't believe the positive difference. And now with the MTX-4 there is know reason not to get an updated car. Even the RRR is lite years ahead of the RR Evo. I will say though that RR Evo makes a nice Outlaw car!!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:16 AM   #5259
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting
I ran the RR Evo for several years my self and when I switched to the MTX-3 Prospec I couldn't believe the positive difference. And now with the MTX-4 there is know reason not to get an updated car. Even the RRR is lite years ahead of the RR Evo. I will say though that RR Evo makes a nice Outlaw car!!
Jeff, I ran the RR Evo for a few years myself. It's actually closer to an Kawahara RRR, but I was thinking the same thing myself. make the Evo an outlaw car to run an extra class. But when the MTX-4 (R)(Prospec) does come out, I my current MTX-4 will be my outlaw car.
kidDynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:23 PM   #5260
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

How does moving the shims on the from hinge pins help with handling??

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:24 PM   #5261
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris 75
How does moving the shims on the from hinge pins help with handling??
Jeez, the front hinge pins!!

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:45 PM   #5262
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidDynomite
Jeff, I ran the RR Evo for a few years myself. It's actually closer to an Kawahara RRR, but I was thinking the same thing myself. make the Evo an outlaw car to run an extra class. But when the MTX-4 (R)(Prospec) does come out, I my current MTX-4 will be my outlaw car.
Sounds like a plan to me. After all.....its all about playing and having fun when you get down to it!!
Old 07-05-2006, 01:31 PM   #5263
Tech Rookie

Hey Roger, congrats on the race. Sounds like you was hooked up. Since you are my hero now. Any thoughts on the use of purple springs vs light blue on a parking lot track that has a 180 straight with a technical infield. Bite is good using 40 to 37 shore.
bshy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:01 AM   #5264
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Jeez, the front hinge pins!!
I assume you are talking about the shims ( 1mm shim coin type ) underneath upper front hinge pins. That would change the front roll center of the car.

No shims would increase the front roll center thus creating more body roll and more grip. Very good setup for high speed sweeper corners and medium to high speed corners. Stability is good but there is tendency of understeer for some tight corners.

Thicker shims would decrease the front roll center and thus creating less body roll. Very good for slow corners or technical track.

You need to match your setup to your track.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:03 AM   #5265
Tech Adept

Actually, just to clarify, reducing the number of shims under the upper arm will raise the roll centre (as you said), however this will reduce the roll of the car. The opposite is true for increasing the number of shims used.
Cheers
SNACKPACK is offline   Reply With Quote