R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-13-2006, 07:48 AM   #4981
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Adim_X

What droop settings are you guys using? Do you have to change droop as tires wear?
Adim_X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 07:59 AM   #4982
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

from 1front/4rear to 2front/6rear (from bumpy/tight track to wide/high bite track)...................

I don't use to change downstops to a 5min qualify and a 30~45min main final.........

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:46 AM   #4983
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adim_X
What droop settings are you guys using? Do you have to change droop as tires wear?
Yes, ideally you need to adjust your droop ( downstop ) to match the foam thickness. However, in reality most people set and forget it.

There are some downstop combinations depending track condition and driving preference:

2 Front 5 Rear ---> most stable ( good for high traction )
1 Front 5 Rear
1 Front 4 Rear
0 Front 4 Rear ---> most responsive ( good for slippery )
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:55 AM   #4984
Tech Adept

are these elevated droop measurements?

are you saying more droop for high bite track?

Thx
Lou
look is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:23 PM   #4985
Tech Champion

On Hudy block stand and Hudy Downstop tool.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:39 PM   #4986
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to SalvadoriRacing Send a message via Skype™ to SalvadoriRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by look
are these elevated droop measurements?

are you saying more droop for high bite track?

Thx
Lou
nop....the lower the number you measure the higher is the droop setting......droop is the negative travel of the suspension, so more droop is good for low bite or tight tracks because you get more off throttle steering and less on throttle steering.......

O.S. Engines - KM RACING - CONTACT TYRES - SAVOX - LRP - ARC | Blitz | Titan
SalvadoriRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:00 PM   #4987
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Uneven spur gear wear?

I have not had any problems with my 2nd gear, but I noticed my first gear(59) has been interfering with the lower suspension arm to the point that it ground a small groove into the arm. The spur looked like a 45 degree cut along the outside edge of the gear from the contact of the arm. I think the pinion is now uneven because I replaced spur (58) and it ground same 45 in new smaller spur. Rear lower arms feel a little sloppy on the pins? anybody heard of this?

Thank You
Old 06-13-2006, 08:19 PM   #4988
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialed Pile
I have not had any problems with my 2nd gear, but I noticed my first gear(59) has been interfering with the lower suspension arm to the point that it ground a small groove into the arm. The spur looked like a 45 degree cut along the outside edge of the gear from the contact of the arm. I think the pinion is now uneven because I replaced spur (58) and it ground same 45 in new smaller spur. Rear lower arms feel a little sloppy on the pins? anybody heard of this?

Thank You
Is it the inside or outside of the gear that is getting worn down?
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 08:23 PM   #4989
Tech Adept

Outside
Old 06-13-2006, 08:30 PM   #4990
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialed Pile

Thank You
I just had this same problem. I think you will find that if you take off that rear arm you will discover one of the following. A broken rear arm at the rear pin location or the the lower pin is bent. In my case the lower arm was broken where the pin goes through and allowed the arm to move forward and hit the spur but enough to really be that noticable or come completly off.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:34 PM   #4991
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jeff whiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting
I just had this same problem. I think you will find that if you take off that rear arm you will discover one of the following. A broken rear arm at the rear pin location or the the lower pin is bent. In my case the lower arm was broken where the pin goes through and allowed the arm to move forward and hit the spur but enough to really be that noticable or come completly off.
Oops I just re-read my post and I missed a word.

I just had this same problem. I think you will find that if you take off that rear arm you will discover one of the following. A broken rear arm at the rear pin location or the the lower pin is bent. In my case the lower arm was broken where the pin goes through and allowed the arm to move forward and hit the spur but NOT enough to really be that noticable or come completly off
Old 06-14-2006, 12:28 PM   #4992
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Does anyone use the MTX-3 clutch assebly for the 4?? I have some friends who recommended it as a fix to the gear stripping problem!! Or just use the MTX-3 gears???

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 04:50 PM   #4993
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Does anyone use the MTX-3 clutch assebly for the 4?? I have some friends who recommended it as a fix to the gear stripping problem!! Or just use the MTX-3 gears???
Here are the parts that can be transfer to build MTX4 clutch from MTX3 ( I build it recently ) :

Flywheel
Clutch Shoes : 4 pieces + 1 round
Centax Disc : Metal
Spring
Flywheel Locknut

That's it.

You need to add MTX4 original parts such as three small bearings, Spring Locknut Adjuster, Clutchbell, and pinions 17/23 or 18/24.

Yes, you can put the whole MTX3 clutch system directly to MTX4. However I don't recommend it unless your home track has very long straight like 120 meter plus.

No more gear stripping when using mtx3 gears ? I don't know.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:17 PM   #4994
Tech Apprentice

I have my MTX-3 for sale in the forsale forum
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117870

Sorry if this isnt allowed
basher772000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 08:26 PM   #4995
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Add 0.2mm shim between the pin and bearing on the main shaft.
oo...i hv that problem faced lastime..i just move the shaft for little extra gap between pin and bearing..but if you use option 1st gear housing,you may hav little problem..
MAVICXXX is offline   Reply With Quote