Originally Posted by asw7576
Can I use MTX3 flywheel to MTX4 ?
Yes
GK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 01:30 PM   #4937
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Adim_X

Thanks for the replies guys. I will try those diameters.
Adim_X is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:41 PM   #4938
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK
Yes
Are you sure ?

Anybody ?
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 09:56 PM   #4939
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Chris West

yes you can use the mtx3 flywheel the only difference is the width of the contact patch that comes in contact with your starter box, i have used mtx3 flywheel in mtx4 when i swaped engines so it does fit

Chris
Old 06-08-2006, 05:10 AM   #4940
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris West
yes you can use the mtx3 flywheel the only difference is the width of the contact patch that comes in contact with your starter box, i have used mtx3 flywheel in mtx4 when i swaped engines so it does fit

Chris
hows the weight different?
MAVICXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 05:17 AM   #4941
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz
shortening the wheel base is suppose to help in HIGH bite situation to allow the car to turn better.......in fast direction changes, however in large sweeping turns, it would do just the opposite. It would be good if you are running on small electric tracks.
If I am incorrect, please someone correct me. This is just theory. However, I don't realy see a need to do this, there is way too many other adjustments that can be done to make the car do what you want.
yep..it mostly helps you to take tight corners better instead of your car become too sensitive..and i do try out at our local hi speed swinger sweeper..looks and feels ok to me..sorry i cant snap a photo,but roughly the place that i did is ..if you look at the fron bulkhead,at the rear part,there is a 1mm extra portion you can take as aguide to cut,but its not only that,you will have to cater also the fron sway mounting and also the right bulhead surface..sound like too complicated,but if you spend bout 2hrs,then you get it right..then apply thick shims or washer to make the arm move/stay backwards,so mean your front wheelbase already closer to the rear..if i m not mistaken,it gona be 260mm++.
i didnt loose my rear too with the modification..r40 has it,but its from the rear..
Old 06-08-2006, 05:21 AM   #4942
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adim_X
What diameters are you guys truing your tires at. I am a beginner and will probably scrub a lot of the foam off due to poor driving. I would like my foams to last, while still getting decent performance. thanks
bro..it depends to what front side pulley you are using?24?25?24 you will have to take front and rear diameter difference by 2.5mm,then you wil get all four tyres rotates equally..25 pulley will gives you a full 4wd at same tyre diameter..
comeback to your tracl surface and layout..maybe you need big or less tyre diameter for it..this you will have to try out..

try go mugen web and look for gear ratio and roll out chart..study that ez chart and you wil get it..good luck.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:25 AM   #4943
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy b
mabe you can try and adjust the pulley across towards the side that is rubbing to centralise it better.
maybe the pin has'nt located into the slot properly also
yep..eventhough it is sitting on..doesnt mean it is ok..i meant you will have to see it without belt assembly,look for if the flange or adaptor you call it is little voble,then this can contributes to belt wear,especialy urethane belt..if it is,change the adaptor..the plastic pulley might be affected too..
Old 06-08-2006, 05:33 AM   #4944
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
This is what I do in my car :;

Side Belt Tensioner : flip it so it is directed toward the front.

Upper Deck Design : I guess nothing you can do with it without major modification.

4mm or 6mm Rear Shock Tower : Use 3x16mm countersunk screws to joint the shock tower and bulkhead. Also use 3x10mm or 3x12mm countersunk for top bulkhead.

Clutchbell : Use longer screws like 3x14mm ?

Fuel Tank : Use short piping and 1 novarossi filter to keep it below 75cc.

I also switch back to original mtx4 brake disc ( thin ). MTX3 prospec disc are too thick and it is too close to carburator ( novarossi or jp engines ).
if you turn it front,you will have to press the tension bearing lower..mechanical tensioner theory,shouldt go closer to the mid point coz you will loose the belt play smoothness and ez belt displacement when vibrates..unles you really apply the tension.That my question to Kenji,after market tensioner place it forward,Kenji replied that way..the purpose is to avoid the belt touching the manefol and most efficient to be at the place..but they will think of an alternative or just let it be as it does not affect the performance..

as for the brake disc,i am using kfactory disc..
Old 06-08-2006, 06:48 AM   #4945
Tech Fanatic

the highly used sidebelt on my mtx4 was very loose when using the 24t pulley, so when a teeth of the belt got ripped I figured a way to apply higher tension, the tensioner has no more movement and the belt in that part almost touches each other, so I used the belt tensioner of the mtx3, and with a little piece of graphite from a a mtx3 front tower broken, I now have a belt tensioner that goes next to the 24t pulley, the sidebelt now has the right tension both front and rear and just took a few grams and less than $10 bucks, the best is that your sidebelt will last longer since therea are no more missing teeth. by the way I use stock belt!
will post pics!

happy racing!
Old 06-08-2006, 09:37 AM   #4946
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Jammin'Trey

Hey does anyone know when the Prospec version is going to be out?
Jammin'Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:18 PM   #4947
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to gfd2726

I am using Kyosho RRR's side belt on my MTX4 and it's perfect. I am still using the same belt since day 1.
gfd2726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 01:32 PM   #4948
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin'Trey
Hey does anyone know when the Prospec version is going to be out?

August 22, 2006, 12:34 p.m.,pacific time
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:06 PM   #4949
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Gotta make room on my credit card!!!

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 02:46 PM   #4950
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Jammin'Trey

Really is there a release date?