R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-06-2006, 09:58 AM   #4906
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Has anyone used those 3 racing Spur Gears?? I ordered a couple to see how they worked..

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:50 AM   #4907
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris 75
Has anyone used those 3 racing Spur Gears?? I ordered a couple to see how they worked..
I have been using them. I have stripped 2 1st gear(my fault I forgot to tighten the rear motor mount screws), and 1 2nd gear this last weekend. They don't really seem to be any better or worse. For the price, I will keep using them. I dont know why the 2nd gear went this weekend, but it was already missing 3 teeth from the last race.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:27 AM   #4908
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg8one
1st time i stripped a gear when my 1st gear housing lock up and i can get it out...... any body know how?

yah mike
this sat everybody should sweep the track
Your 1st gear one way bearing is jammed. My friend got into this trouble. He couldn't pull out the one way bearing unit. The solution you could put couple drops of bearing oil, let it soaked, and wiggle it. If still doesn't move ( like in my friend case ) then you need hammer and tap it hard.

You need to give one or two drops of one way bearing oil or normal bearing oil before you play or at least once a week to prevent jamming.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:19 PM   #4909
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ASW

thanks for the input.
mugenb46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:06 PM   #4910
RR
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
I have been using them. I have stripped 2 1st gear(my fault I forgot to tighten the rear motor mount screws), and 1 2nd gear this last weekend. They don't really seem to be any better or worse. For the price, I will keep using them. I dont know why the 2nd gear went this weekend, but it was already missing 3 teeth from the last race.

sometime third party product come with slightly smaller or bigger dimension...
unless you measure it, or else you wouldn't know... that could be your problem identify...

jus my pass experience
RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:55 PM   #4911
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Anyone using the 3 racing lightened two speed shaft? I just noticed today that it is getting a bunch of small pitts in it where the one way bearing rides on the shaft. I don't know if this would have happened to the stock shaft or not. Anyone seen this before or know why this happens?
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:13 PM   #4912
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Two things. I have read in this post that the 3racing gears were inconsistant on diameter and has caused problems.
second, The 2 speed shaft by 3 racing, I have had mine for an entire season and have taken it out and inspected it after the last post. No, I dont' have the pits, and I looked it over with a 10x loop.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:45 PM   #4913
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Two things. I have read in this post that the 3racing gears were inconsistant on diameter and has caused problems.
second, The 2 speed shaft by 3 racing, I have had mine for an entire season and have taken it out and inspected it after the last post. No, I dont' have the pits, and I looked it over with a 10x loop.
3racing spurs are inconsistant with the diameter because they are smaller than normal spurs. I have yet to try them at all, but I believe some people are doing so with good results. You cannot match a 3racing spur with a standard one for this reason.
Old 06-06-2006, 09:04 PM   #4914
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to speedy100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu
3racing spurs are inconsistant with the diameter because they are smaller than normal spurs. I have yet to try them at all, but I believe some people are doing so with good results. You cannot match a 3racing spur with a standard one for this reason.
i got the same issue of using 3racing spurs gear last week....I was not abe to match the mugen pinion gear when using the 3racing 2nd spur gear by mixing to use mugen 1st spurs gear. I found the 3 racing is getting smaller in diameter when they are one teeth less to the next I checked their size.....the 52 teeth are 2 size smaller than the 54 teeth.....I decided to switch back to the mugen gear today for less hassle................
speedy100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:57 PM   #4915
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR
New belts and gears and they broke again. The top 3 guys all had MTX-4's and we all broke our belts. The other two put new belts on before the 30 min main and still broke. The other two dropped out so I had the lead from the 15 min mark and at the last fuel stop I broke. I am going to try using the stock belts again.
i suspected maybe your bulkhead is not really align.Check out the tensioner too.You can easily detect if the belt is not in good moving motion,the irritates 'tick' sound just too much.Check also your brake pulley assembly,it might not sitting on the shaft as it should..
MAVICXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 10:02 PM   #4916
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
First, make sure the main shaft bearings are in good conditions. Second, please make sure the rear bulkhead where the bearing sit are also in good condition. Third, use longer screws 3x10mm to hold the rear bulkhead even stronger. Fourth, use longer screws 3x10 and 3x12 to hold engine mounting.
Fifth, always remove the first spur gear to see the gear mesh on the second gear. Many racer forget that, and they be surprised to see the gap on the 2nd gear. Spin it and you are good to go.

Any other things to check are the three screws that sandwich the spur gears and alluminium spur gear holder.

I never have stripped gear at all with mtx3 or mtx4.
mee too..and adding a little more,adviseable between the 2 bearing inside the bell,try putting a 0.3mm inner bearing size to avoids the 2 bearing contacts when it rotates,coz heat produce is high and make your bearing life shorter..
Our friend got all the screws review well..try to fit the bottom parts with longer screw,it will help to hold your parts better..
Old 06-06-2006, 10:37 PM   #4917
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVICXXX
during Asian finals,we M'sian team did sitdown with Kenji and start to raise few problems and comments on the MTX4 kit.

1)Chasis ez flex : they already noticed and sorry coz they cant see in during design drawing,other than the option 4mm LCG chasis,they wil try to get the 3mm better material or such like that.

2)Clutch bearing damages : well we have to take the +&- or pro&cons about it coz smaller bearing rotates faster,you will have to maintain it and regular swap for heats and finals.Anyway,they will see if they can find better material for it.You can also try the rubber seal bearing.

3)Rear swaybar error: as he said,really cant see during the drawing stage but Japs drivers got no complaints about its touching the 2nd gear housing especially when you are tuning the car on the staterbox or holding it.But during the car is on the ground,it should be any problem,I did mentioned it is not good for good quality image..sales talk..

4)Tank capacity: I showed mine in M'sia we measured it is 77cc,i end up putting like tank insert and shorter line and manage to get it 74.5cc.He knows about tank problem but they solved it already and he will check again the matter.We took my car and he himself do the checking but end up 73cc.He said maybe our checking gadgets not accurate and ask me to take out the insert as in some Regulation,no insert or anythg else should be inside the tank.And i loose fuel timing too..

5)2nd gear housing bearing : they are improving that part as they bumps into it also,the bearing keeps coming out.
few more things i forgot..

-Side belt tensioner : it has to be that way coz to avoid the belt from touching the exhaust manefol.They will think of something since we raise a comment that engine dismantling would be easier if the tensioner relocate to little front or review the design. Then i said few after market products already cameout with their solution.

-Upper deck design : engine dismantling is little hassle with their design where even with ball head 2.5mm to engage with engine mount screw is hard coz its too narrow gap.Kenji said he cant see from their design drawing and will look into the matter.

-Rear shock tower : its great they came out with 4mm tower,but wit only 2pcs 6mm counter sunk will not do it,rear impact could damage both tower and the mounting. They will check on that.

but he did mentioned they cameout with tank solution,which I dont know for what matter..and also the centax cluc bell. He look at mine and said this is the OK bell..which i became lost! 1st batch bell is different he said..so anybody got the 1st bell editon?or 1st edition kit?
Old 06-06-2006, 10:41 PM   #4918
Tech Champion

anybody tried to shorter the wheelbase,1mm?I got it from Kazuki Iida.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:45 PM   #4919
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Chris West

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVICXXX
anybody tried to shorter the wheelbase,1mm?I got it from Kazuki Iida.

how
Old 06-07-2006, 12:36 AM   #4920
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

The same way I used to do it on my RC10GT.....sand the rear lower arm down in the front just a bit and use a 1 mm shim to move it forward.....just like whats in the RD driver mag this month