R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 06-01-2006, 08:30 PM   #4846
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DOCTOR
Is anyone else having trouble making it thru a whole race day on one set of rubber belts. The side belt is fine but the front and rear belts end up bending forward on the first run and after four runs it's time to change them before the main.
My rubber belts last about 2 months. 3 gallons of running. If you are breaking them in one day, I would look at your pulleys and drivetrain stuff.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:55 PM   #4847
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
I am still running the original front and rear belts from my car. They have at least 4 hours on them. I still have the original side belt that I run for practice. I then put a newer one on for the races. It is worn, but doesn't skip or anything. I think the belts are fine.
Are they rubber, option belts or the originals?
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:56 PM   #4848
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
My rubber belts last about 2 months. 3 gallons of running. If you are breaking them in one day, I would look at your pulleys and drivetrain stuff.
They don't break but the teeth get ripped off of them.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:32 PM   #4849
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Thats about right for me also. 3-3.5 gallons along with 2 months of runtime. As Scott said, check all your pulleys.
Old 06-01-2006, 09:33 PM   #4850
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROVK
Jo

will post some when I get home.
Will be testing tommorow.

How do you post pictures?
provk
i upload my pics to photobucket.com (any free photo web hosting will do) and then copy the URL address. you then click on "Insert Image" and paste the URL.

doctor
check your diff tensioners also (two rings that hold the diff and also apply tension to the belt)... make sure they are BOTH in the same position. another thing that could eat it up is when the tension is too loose. so put the tension to the max. the car won't free roll as good but will be easy on the belts....
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #4851
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
You take the chassis brace off, pop the linkage, remove the belt, take the 4 mounting screws out and slide it out the back. How is that tearing apart the whole car? I can get the engine in or out in about 2 minutes. Easy Day.
Try that with Mugen 4mm chassis, mtx-3 prosepec disk and engine mounts

PROVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:08 AM   #4852
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROVK
Try that with Mugen 4mm chassis, mtx-3 prosepec disk and engine mounts

the mugen 4mm is not milled out for a one peice engine mount either....
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 05:53 AM   #4853
Tech Elite

Two weeks ago I put new pulleys in the front but not in the rear and it did the same thing. I was wondering if it was to loose? I have always put it on the loosest setting. The tension always seemed to be good for new belts.

I was also wondering if it could be from the bumpy sections in our track when we are on the throtle wide open in a big sweeper? You can hear the car skipping on the tops of them.

I am thinking of going back to the stock belts because of the cost and labor issue.
Old 06-02-2006, 06:20 AM   #4854
Tech Elite

Quote:
Are they rubber, option belts or the originals?
Rubbers
Old 06-02-2006, 11:11 AM   #4855
Tech Elite

Quote:
Rubbers
For your personal protection. The question is are you selfish and turn the ribs inside out.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #4856
Tech Elite

Quote:
For your personal protection. The question is are you selfish and turn the ribs inside out.
I am only selfish half the time. I let her get pleasure on the other half. Studded are better though.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:38 AM   #4857
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Two weeks ago I put new pulleys in the front but not in the rear and it did the same thing. I was wondering if it was to loose? I have always put it on the loosest setting. The tension always seemed to be good for new belts.

I was also wondering if it could be from the bumpy sections in our track when we are on the throtle wide open in a big sweeper? You can hear the car skipping on the tops of them.

I am thinking of going back to the stock belts because of the cost and labor issue.

yeah you don't want the belts to skip on a nitro car. i was surprised that i could get away with it with mod electric (really loose setting for more efficiency). give the stiffest setting a try
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 11:51 AM   #4858
Tech Champion

Quote:
Is anyone else having trouble making it thru a whole race day on one set of rubber belts. The side belt is fine but the front and rear belts end up bending forward on the first run and after four runs it's time to change them before the main.
Your belt setting was too loose.

5mm - 6mm play is enough for front and rear belts. 8mm - 9mm play for middle belt. The power from engine is more powerful than EP cars, so always keep them little bit tight.

I soaked and cleaned the belts with Armour All liquids for durability and longetivity. Most of my belts last very long time except if damage occured from crashes or stones went inside the bulkhead.

I race once or twice a month.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 01:09 PM   #4859
Tech Adept

Smile

Quote:
I'm still going strong with mine. I don't race my car as much as I would like to, but I would say that I have well over 4 hours on my belts.
mgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 02:02 PM   #4860
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreen
I'm still going strong with mine. I don't race my car as much as I would like to, but I would say that I have well over 4 hours on my belts.
Only 4 hours??? I may have to try that Armor All technique!!!

Chris Kemper
Osiris 75 is offline   Reply With Quote