R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-18-2006, 08:15 PM   #4396
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVICXXX
rear shock tower and chasis i presume..
wow .. this thread has a lot of traffic.

ALL - thanks for the info.

what's the deal with the stock dogbones?
do the pins wear out fast? or they bend easily or ..?
i would very much like to re-use the stock doggies if possible

will take note of the rear shock tower. will probably read this thread from page 1 onwards

the standard chassis has too much flex?
Old 04-18-2006, 08:19 PM   #4397
Tech Adept

Anyone try the solid front axle? if so any good feedback? lol
Joe Os is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:27 PM   #4398
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyl03

will take note of the rear shock tower. will probably read this thread from page 1 onwards

Nothing wrong with using the stock front dogbones. I use the universals, so I will never have to go walking around the track looking for a lost dogbone.
Nothing wrong with the stock chassis either.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:29 PM   #4399
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Chris West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Os

I prefer it over the diff i felt it had better on power steering and better braking and its lighter as well
Old 04-19-2006, 12:15 AM   #4400
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

FYI
The full line of K factory MTX4 parts are available in the US now
Old 04-19-2006, 12:35 AM   #4401
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman
FYI
The full line of K factory MTX4 parts are available in the US now
K-factory = good stuff.

I currently use the 2sp shaft, vented brake disk, 2nd gear oneway adapter and wheel hexes on my MTX4...... I have named it the MTX4 Scottspec
Old 04-19-2006, 04:54 AM   #4402
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Im also using the K-Factory ventilated brake disk... Only one question, is it supposed to be purple?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:28 AM   #4403
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
K-factory = good stuff.

I currently use the 2sp shaft, vented brake disk, 2nd gear oneway adapter and wheel hexes on my MTX4...... I have named it the MTX4 Scottspec
g'day scott, im thinking about getting the kfactory (oneway,locker, spool,) combo, will this be a good thig on the car for a bumpy low grip track?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:47 AM   #4404
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyl03

Nuthin wrong with with everything... its just personal preferences.

Universals saves time spent on searching for bones and one-way cups if encounter a knock... stock rear shock tower is fine if you dun flip and crash the wrong way..

in fact its great stock out of the box.
Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:28 PM   #4405
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy b
g'day scott, im thinking about getting the kfactory (oneway,locker, spool,) combo, will this be a good thig on the car for a bumpy low grip track?
I honestly don't know as I have never run a spool. My guess would be yes, but I will see Swauger in a few hours and ask him.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:50 PM   #4406
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Os
You get 4 wheel braking but lose a little steering. To fix the steering loss . . . turn earlier. I say it might be worth at least a good half to full day of practise to see if you like it. The 4 wheel brake is a nice feature.

I have to admit though, some of my best lap times are with the one-way.
going4#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 06:03 PM   #4407
Tech Regular

Quote:
dont really get it bro..better stick to abc rather than brb?what is HOT and nuclear reactor means?
The engine runs too hot, way too hot. Typically the engine should not be going over 120C~125C but when testing the BRB, I easily exceeded 125C when I tuned the engine to race conditions. I tried all the suggestions I was given when I bought the sleeve but I still couldn't get it working the way I liked.

I'm back to ABC again with a new JP FX12 T03 I bought this year. After swapping out the standard crankshaft with the one found in the 5-port engine, the engine is fast enough. Teamed with a Kawahara manifold and muffler, the only thing lacking is better driving skill.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:15 PM   #4408
Tech Regular

Quote:
oh ya?then i should try for suwon.. flex or bent is nature of aluminium when it is construct like a chasis..but how bout the tweak?the major problem wit stock is the too flexy and tweak..
I agree. Drivability-wise there is nothing wrong with the Mugen chassis at all. Durability-wise, the standard Mugen chassis definitely lacks something. While it survives most minor accidents without incident, when you get into a major smash it definitely has a tendency to deform at lot easier than some of the other competition chassises out there. At least that's my experience. To be fair to Mugen I didn't smash 50 710s, 50 RRRs, and 50 MTX-4 and compare their stock chassises but in 3 years of on-road racing it's the weakest chassis I've had direct experience with.

Kawahara isn't indestructable but it is a lot more durable. For me it drives pretty much the same way the Mugen does, it's cheaper, and it has lasted longer without tweaking, bending, or cracking. What else would you want in a chassis?
Old 04-19-2006, 08:32 PM   #4409
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by going4#1
I agree. Drivability-wise there is nothing wrong with the Mugen chassis at all. Durability-wise, the standard Mugen chassis definitely lacks something. While it survives most minor accidents without incident, when you get into a major smash it definitely has a tendency to deform at lot easier than some of the other competition chassises out there. At least that's my experience. To be fair to Mugen I didn't smash 50 710s, 50 RRRs, and 50 MTX-4 and compare their stock chassises but in 3 years of on-road racing it's the weakest chassis I've had direct experience with.

Kawahara isn't indestructable but it is a lot more durable. For me it drives pretty much the same way the Mugen does, it's cheaper, and it has lasted longer without tweaking, bending, or cracking. What else would you want in a chassis?
yes bro..but when it comes to race,you wil get pissed off when suddenly you cant get your droop well and found the chasis tweak!for no reason without any major collision.. well anyway,rest of it is ok and there are few so so things that i can close 1 eye..but chasis affects alot!i cant stand it..now wit kawahara same thickness but hardened..thing is,you said its cheaper while it is not here.. here is about $68 while the stock only cost me $50+
MAVICXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:39 PM   #4410
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Clutch Question:

Im running an OS .12 TZ, are you guys running a shim behind the collet on the crank?