R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-30-2005, 09:27 AM   #361
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I too was in your situation. I just went ahead and bought the prospec since its an awesome car. It still beats serpent 710's and RRR's, G4's, and of course, NTC3's (which I have and race as well).

I see the pics, and I can't really tell too much of a difference between the MTX3 and MTX4, although I do like the idea of changing out diffs easier with the MTX4. To me, I would still think the MTX3 prospec, would hang with the MTX4...conditions being the same (same skilled driver, same engine, etc).

Go for the MTX3 prospec. It has some really nice features and you'll have a better car than pretty much anyone else out there. At our club races, the MTX3 prospec continually places in the top 3, in expert classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by factory racer
thanks for the input man...yeah im not that big of a racer...mainly just club races......but im going from the NTC3 to this and i hope it will be a big difference because the NTC3 is to damn brittle and i tried a belt driven car before and like it alot better then shaft......i just hope i dont get the prospec and then next year want the mtx-4 ....i will kick myself....but i prob wouldnt even notice a difference between the mtx-3 and mtx-4 performence wise...

thanks for the input man

Mike
snowboardgeek1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:47 AM   #362
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfusion
Hey Mikey,

Do you know what are the parts that can be salvaged from the 3 for the 4. My 3 is currently at the LHS on sale together with a big bag of hop up and brand new spare parts i'm giving away!!!! Hurry hurry tell, before it's all gone to the lucky buyer of my 3!!

Thanks Mike.

your giving away spares man????????

r u serious ...if so PM me ASAP.

thanks

Mike
factory racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 09:52 AM   #363
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowboardgeek1
I too was in your situation. I just went ahead and bought the prospec since its an awesome car. It still beats serpent 710's and RRR's, G4's, and of course, NTC3's (which I have and race as well).

I see the pics, and I can't really tell too much of a difference between the MTX3 and MTX4, although I do like the idea of changing out diffs easier with the MTX4. To me, I would still think the MTX3 prospec, would hang with the MTX4...conditions being the same (same skilled driver, same engine, etc).

Go for the MTX3 prospec. It has some really nice features and you'll have a better car than pretty much anyone else out there. At our club races, the MTX3 prospec continually places in the top 3, in expert classes.

thanks man ....again considering what eveyrone is telling me im going to go ahead and grab the prospec......what spares should i stock up in.....obviously all the spurs and pinons but what plastic parts would i need

thanks

Mike
Old 07-30-2005, 10:40 AM   #364
Tech Initiate

Will the 4 still use tires with the 2mm offset? Or will we have to buy all new tires
R40LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 12:28 PM   #365
Tech Fanatic

with the mtx-3 u can only use 2mm offset tires????? is it ok to use no offset
Old 07-30-2005, 02:06 PM   #366
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

You can use the zero offset as I have done this with a few different tire brands. You will have to change your wheel base if you go between zero offset wheels and the Mugen MTX wheels. That gets to be a pain, so find a brand/wheel and stick with it.
Old 07-30-2005, 04:28 PM   #367
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Fsturbo15

Zero degree works fine.
Fsturbo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 08:05 AM   #368
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default 0 or 2 degree offset

it doesnt change the car if u run 0 offset as you bring the track width out back to 200mm. when i had my mugen i ran 0 offset tires all the time.and they worked so just run which ever you want just set ur width accourdingly.
racer x 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 10:19 AM   #369
Tech Fanatic

thanks for the advice
Old 07-31-2005, 11:17 AM   #370
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know when abouts this car we be in stores?
R40LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 01:02 AM   #371
Tech Adept

MTX4 look good.

Would have looked so much better with a 4mm chassis and CVD's as standard.
Bob The Builder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 08:55 AM   #372
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob The Builder
MTX4 look good.

Would have looked so much better with a 4mm chassis and CVD's as standard.
with the look of the CAD drawings, the "existing" front & rear CVD units "might" (fingers crossed) work....I know that the "4" will have longer Rear Lower arms (5.5+mm) but we'll just have to wait and see...

besides the Rear Lower Arms, it looks like they kept with the same front & rear uprights, and possibly both front arms...(a definate plus for current "3" owners)

"only time will tell"
Old 08-01-2005, 02:12 PM   #373
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by edracer1
Hello Mike_Swauger,
Which touring car engine do you run? Is it an "off the shelf" mod JP FX .12 3-port? Or is it an uber hand picked engine or is it modded differently in any way? Is this the engine you ran at the recent Nats. I'm really wanting to get one of these engines, thanks.
The only tome I run "special" engines are at the Worlds, other then that I run over the counter engines but I do put a ceramic rear bearing in them.
Mike_Swauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 02:13 PM   #374
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldfusion
Hey Mikey,

Do you know what are the parts that can be salvaged from the 3 for the 4. My 3 is currently at the LHS on sale together with a big bag of hop up and brand new spare parts i'm giving away!!!! Hurry hurry tell, before it's all gone to the lucky buyer of my 3!!

Thanks Mike.
Right now I am not sure but when I do know for sure I willo post a list of all the parts that will be the same as the MTX-3.
Mike_Swauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 02:15 PM   #375
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey Mike, to bad your not coming out to the GLC....what is P Dub????

Will the MTX-4 come with .8 gears?