R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-04-2006, 09:21 AM   #3676
Tech Adept

Hey corse-R, What do you mean that the rear outdrives are not the same. I thought they were.
FASASMUGEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:39 AM   #3677
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASASMUGEN
Hey corse-R, What do you mean that the rear outdrives are not the same. I thought they were.
When originally I assembled the diff, did it without taking some attention and the assembly was faulty, diff didn't worked.

Dissasembled completely and assembled another time and the diff was flawless, exchanged the outdrives of their sides, so don't know if the outdrives were different or not, what I know is the first time I assembled, didn't worked (hint: the outdrive pivot must be flush with the bevel gear when looking one side).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:05 AM   #3678
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corse-R
When originally I assembled the diff, did it without taking some attention and the assembly was faulty, diff didn't worked.

Dissasembled completely and assembled another time and the diff was flawless, exchanged the outdrives of their sides, so don't know if the outdrives were different or not, what I know is the first time I assembled, didn't worked (hint: the outdrive pivot must be flush with the bevel gear when looking one side).
You're just clumsy Alfonso

I just measured a pair of rear diff outdrives that I bought as spares and they are absolutely identical.

Maybe you got a bad pair
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:27 AM   #3679
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

last time i checked they were identical
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:37 AM   #3680
Tech Regular

Default MTX4 Front Body Post Mounting Position

Hi Guys !

Appreciate if you could share the best mounting position for the MTX4 Front Body Post position.

Is it better to mount it closer to the center or on the outer position for the front post mounting ? Forward or Rear facing for the posts ?

Thanks in advance !
Bad Mika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:45 AM   #3681
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Mika
Hi Guys !

Appreciate if you could share the best mounting position for the MTX4 Front Body Post position.

Is it better to mount it closer to the center or on the outer position for the front post mounting ? Forward or Rear facing for the posts ?

Thanks in advance !
i suggest you install it so the post is closest to the bumper. in some cases, you will end up having the 5th body post through the windshield if you install it the other way.
hope this helps
Old 03-04-2006, 11:27 AM   #3682
Tech Initiate

I checked the clutch spring tension and it seems ok, around .6mm or less as the manual indicates.

I am posting the pics of my clutch in case I did something wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4-dsc01507.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-dsc01509.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-dsc01511.jpg  
TomiRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 11:30 AM   #3683
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Holy shimining batman! How much mm of shimming do you have?! It looks like 5mm of just shims! I usually only use about 1.5-2mm
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 11:32 AM   #3684
Tech Elite

Btw... Use the thrust bearing (plate which has the balls) facing the other way. This is because if by any reason, that place is hit, the thrust bearing wont suffer as much as if it was facing the other way.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:36 AM   #3685
Tech Initiate

Actually I have been adding shims to see if the clutch would engage earlier but it didnt, or very little. I will change the thrust bearing position, thanks.
TomiRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 11:38 AM   #3686
Tech Elite

How early do you want it to engage? You know a good clutch setting is when you see smoke just before the clutch engaging... With that clutch preload and clutch gap, I really dont know what else to tell you. Is the engine tuned right? From the looks of the carb, that is a AXE Rossi engine right? Those give headaches when it comes to tuning them...
Old 03-04-2006, 03:12 PM   #3687
Tech Adept

Default Clutch Set-Up

Hi Tomi,
With regards to your clutch set-up, ensure that you haven't installed too many shims inside the clutch bell. If so, this could be why your clutch is engaging at such high RPM, because the distance that the shoe must travel to reach the bell is too large. When I adjust my clutch, I continue to add shims inside the clutch bell until it spins freely, before removing 1 x 0.1 mm shim.
I hope this helps.
SNACKPACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 03:26 PM   #3688
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNACKPACK
Hi Tomi,
With regards to your clutch set-up, ensure that you haven't installed too many shims inside the clutch bell. If so, this could be why your clutch is engaging at such high RPM, because the distance that the shoe must travel to reach the bell is too large. When I adjust my clutch, I continue to add shims inside the clutch bell until it spins freely, before removing 1 x 0.1 mm shim.
I hope this helps.
Where do you remove the .1 shim? from the outside or the inside of the bell? Also, do you set your clutch bell not to have any play?
Old 03-04-2006, 05:30 PM   #3689
prg
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default stripping 2nd gears

have a problem with my 2nd gear continually stripping.
I have had others look at it and have been able to keep it working for 1 maybe 2 10min heats then bang..

The engine is tight with correct screws on a 1 piece eng mount.
the servo is not pulling to far, have replaced the 1st gear oneway in case it was holding on. have gone over the meshing many times with many experts but to no avail. have checked the brace and cofirmed that it is tight. replaced all clutch bell bearings and pinion gears twice.. replaced main shaft and 2nd gear hub..

all this on an 8 week old car. last night an other driver stripped theres twice. mine once.

i am running standard gear size 17/23 58/53

motor is an lrp z12 spec2

any ideas would be apprieciated
prg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 05:42 PM   #3690
Tech Elite

with "pros" helping you already at your track and the problem still happens, i suggest you try the stock stuff that came with your car (i.e. engine mounts). it may or may not be the problem, but at least that's one factor dropped out of the equation.