R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-02-2006, 04:56 PM   #3646
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Also remember that I'm not running easy removable shocks (Have full screw+nut). And that I have extra electric cables to hookup the telemetry system. Also, what engine/pipe you running? I weighed a Rossi and came out at 230g while my RB V12 was only 215g.
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #3647
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Then you must see this : ... the mother of all tracks

travel distance : 380 m ( 1.246 feet )
trax width : 5 m - 7 m (in corners)
banked corners : 5 degree to 20 degree
longest straight length : 100 m ( 328 feet )
shortest straight (in front of driver stand) :85 m ( 278 feet )
sweeper-straight-sweeper : 135 m (full trhotle if you have the guts)
daytona style corner : 1
driver stand : 4 m high.

I see a few connecting rods breaking on that straight.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:09 PM   #3648
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

ASW, where is that track located?
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:10 PM   #3649
Tech Adept

I know this subject has been treated before, but could anyone remember what page deals with 2nd shift spur gears getting stripped? First I thought this would only happen if I got sloppy with the mesh. This never happened to me with my Serpent 710 or Kyosho RRR, so I tend to think this issue is kind of critical in the MTX 4.

I am concerned now becuase that had not happened to me for so long and now I am seeing this in my car quite often, as well as to a friend of mine.

I am sure my spacing is right and the engine is very tight in place.

Will it make any difference if we use the aluminum tensioner that goes between the rear bulkhead and the radio tray? How about the 4mm chassis? Is this a chassis flex problem?

Anyone remembers any page numbers in this long post's history?? It would take too long to read through all this again.

Thanks!
gtrmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:26 PM   #3650
Tech Elite

gtrmx, I think that one of the known causes is the inside clutch 4x8 bearing going out and the clutch bell being allowed to kinda shift and strip the spur.

I dont think it is a chassis flex issue, but I could be wrong. It rarely happens, but sometimes it does.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:48 PM   #3651
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude
ASW, where is that track located?
This is BSD Super Traxx, in Jakarta, Indonesia. The owner said is the biggest track in the world consisting of 5 tracks, 1/10 EP/GP, 1/10 - 1/8 - 1/5 GP, 1/10 - 1/8 Off Road, Racing Go Kart, ATV Off Road.

Here is 1/10 EP/GP photos: ... look like South Africa Track.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image015.jpg (57.6 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg Image016.jpg (50.7 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg Image017.jpg (46.7 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg Image018.jpg (49.2 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg Image021.jpg (75.3 KB, 127 views)
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:03 PM   #3652
Tech Champion

Can you imagine your MTX4 run top speed 100 meter ( 328 feet ) straight ? The engine will scream to death
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4-dsc_2901.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-dsc_2902.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-dsc_2904.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-dsc_2906.jpg  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:14 PM   #3653
Tech Champion

Default Why these movies won't get Oscar

Sorry.... out of topic but I can't resist to share with you guys.... hehehe

Why these movies won't get Oscar
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4-show1.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-show2.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-show3.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-show4.jpg  
Old 03-02-2006, 11:16 PM   #3654
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Sorry.... out of topic but I can't resist to share with you guys.... hehehe

Why these movies won't get Oscar
Nice PS skills.
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:09 AM   #3655
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
This is BSD Super Traxx, in Jakarta, Indonesia. The owner said is the biggest track in the world consisting of 5 tracks, 1/10 EP/GP, 1/10 - 1/8 - 1/5 GP, 1/10 - 1/8 Off Road, Racing Go Kart, ATV Off Road.

Here is 1/10 EP/GP photos: ... look like South Africa Track.
That is a sweeeet track. Who ever designed that track knew exactly what they wanted......a world class design.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:37 AM   #3656
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
That is a sweeeet track. Who ever designed that track knew exactly what they wanted......a world class design.
Thanks..... I'll pass your compliments to him
Old 03-03-2006, 09:27 AM   #3657
RR
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrmx
I know this subject has been treated before, but could anyone remember what page deals with 2nd shift spur gears getting stripped? First I thought this would only happen if I got sloppy with the mesh. This never happened to me with my Serpent 710 or Kyosho RRR, so I tend to think this issue is kind of critical in the MTX 4.

I am concerned now becuase that had not happened to me for so long and now I am seeing this in my car quite often, as well as to a friend of mine.

Will it make any difference if we use the aluminum tensioner that goes between the rear bulkhead and the radio tray? How about the 4mm chassis? Is this a chassis flex problem?

Anyone remembers any page numbers in this long post's history?? It would take too long to read through all this again.

Thanks!
hi gtrmx

you might wan to try back the stock tensioner
RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:20 AM   #3658
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrmx

The only MTX4's I've seen stripping gears were caused by one of those two issues:

- Faulty mesh of the gears.
- Incorrect angle or too much angle on the engine..

Some gearings (rare, but happens... ie: 16/22 one tooth under stock gearing) the clutch bell collides with the 2nd gear bell (watch for this if someone using an aftermarket 2nd gear housing... some could be slightly thicker and touch). The remedy to this is to install the engine at a slight angle giving the clutch bell and the 2nd gear housing a little more clearance.

Watch if you have an off centered or warped clutch bell and/or housing. I've sent mine 2nd housing to being milled and balanced because was a little off-centered. They returned me a perfectly balanced housing (they tested up to 8000 rpms and their maximum run-off is 0.004 grams).

For a correct mesh, if you have some difficulties, dissasemble the 1st gear and mesh the 2nd gear first and reinstall the 1st gear one time after you meshed it perfectly.

The tail of the chassis is a little weak, but you might double check if the brace that runs from the center pod to the rear bulkhead is tightly assembled. A monoblock engine mount and/or an aluminium brace there could be of interest, but didn't found a suitable one.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:31 AM   #3659
Tech Elite

Thumbs down New pinion tool from Mugen.

Yesterday, received the new pinion tool from Mugen (part no. B0532).

Doing a quick test with some of my clutch bells found that some pinions, simply doesn't fit on the holes for grabbing the pinions and unscrew them (as usual, the 1st gear ones come out easily, the tough ones are the 2nd gear). One of those cases is the 27 tooth pinion (0.8 module for MTX3), doesn't fit on any of the holes...

Is very possible that other pinions will not fit here (i'm going to try with a 22 & 23T 2nd gear pinions for MRX3/4 to see if this happens). My largest pinion now for the MTX4 is a 24T and fits on the hole... doubt if a 25T will fit on the tool. So beware and carry spare clutch bells if you plan to mess with those large pinions on the 2nd gear).

And my question is... Mugen has tried to use it with their own available pinions before launching a tool that doesn't dissasemble their own gearings?....
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:42 AM   #3660
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corse-R
Yesterday, received the new pinion tool from Mugen (part no. B0532).

Doing a quick test with some of my clutch bells found that some pinions, simply doesn't fit on the holes for grabbing the pinions and unscrew them (as usual, the 1st gear ones come out easily, the tough ones are the 2nd gear). One of those cases is the 27 tooth pinion (0.8 module for MTX3), doesn't fit on any of the holes...

Is very possible that other pinions will not fit here (i'm going to try with a 22 & 23T 2nd gear pinions for MRX3/4 to see if this happens). My largest pinion now for the MTX4 is a 24T and fits on the hole... doubt if a 25T will fit on the tool. So beware and carry spare clutch bells if you plan to mess with those large pinions on the 2nd gear).

And my question is... Mugen has tried to use it with their own available pinions before launching a tool that doesn't dissasemble their own gearings?....
This is great news, I just got the same tool.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote