R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 02-18-2006, 11:38 PM   #3451
Tech Adept

The lowest I go in shore is 40. I've always had problems with softer tires.
mgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:56 AM   #3452
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Chris West

The track that i race on is a medium grip level so if i was to use hard tyres i can push my car without it traction rolling so 40s suit me but if a long final (over 30 mins) id use 42s.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:43 AM   #3453
Tech Rookie

Default understeer problems

tnks! i use oneway 40shock oil rr fr graysprings 2.1 stabs
mr.TUNED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 05:06 AM   #3454
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris West
The track that i race on is a medium grip level so if i was to use hard tyres i can push my car without it traction rolling so 40s suit me but if a long final (over 30 mins) id use 42s.
We need to meet up at the track sometime in the week before sunday Chris as my car is still a wee bit twitchy, its setup running front and rear 40s but still breaks lose in the infield, around the sweepers mint tho.
peanutbrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 07:23 AM   #3455
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

PB, what ackerman insert are you running? if you are running the A, try the B or C. That should calm the car down a bit,
Old 02-19-2006, 09:35 AM   #3456
Tech Elite

Quote:
does any one find any advantages out of any of the option parts that are available for the MTX-4 or are most of them just for bling. Ive got front universals, engine mount, rubber belts alround and steel pinoins
Bufff... tough to say at least, this is my humble opinion about it.

- Front universals: Vital, should be the first thing to put on any MTX4. For me isn't a hop-up, should be a stock part on the kit.
- Rubber belts: The way to go. Less friction but higher maintenance costs, higher wear, watch for the pulleys healt, a teeth in bad shape could ruin a belt. Urethane are fine for practice, rubber belts are for racing.
-Engine mount: Some of us we don't like to get additional cooling on the lower side of the engine, rather than two independent blocks I swear for a monoblock engine mount. Bling, bling for me.
- Ti screw set: Only the upper side screw set is ok for me, the lower is just bling, bling or for weight freaks.
- Rear roll bars: The 2.2 & 2.5mm are another tunning posibility for your car, isn't a hop-up for me. Grab them, are cheap and sometimes you could need them.

For other parts of other manufacturers, YMMV.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 12:08 PM   #3457
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Chris West

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbrains
We need to meet up at the track sometime in the week before sunday Chris as my car is still a wee bit twitchy, its setup running front and rear 40s but still breaks lose in the infield, around the sweepers mint tho.

Sweet as Fong hows Friday afternoon or Sat , Ill bring all my tools and stuff and get your car going good. Me and Andy have changed the setup abit since last time so bring all the plastic variations for the car or just bring everthing that came with the kit. Your running the GQ tyres right???
Old 02-19-2006, 12:12 PM   #3458
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyard
Hi guys.. sorry if i post it in the wrong place.

I have a used MTX-4 for sale for about US$300 shipped.

It's just the rolling chassis. PM me for pics if anybody is interested.
I saw the picture, it is a nice ride . too bad I don't have enough money right now

wish he could sell it,
maybe, just maybe I will have USD300 for it arround March
Old 02-19-2006, 03:03 PM   #3459
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
PB, what ackerman insert are you running? if you are running the A, try the B or C. That should calm the car down a bit,
Running ackerman A, ill meet up with Chris later on and see what we come up with.
Old 02-19-2006, 03:04 PM   #3460
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Sweet as Fong hows Friday afternoon or Sat , Ill bring all my tools and stuff and get your car going good. Me and Andy have changed the setup abit since last time so bring all the plastic variations for the car or just bring everthing that came with the kit. Your running the GQ tyres right???
Sat afternoon sounds tops, ill bring all the stuff me too. Cheers aye.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:16 PM   #3461
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Well guys, just raced my MTX-4 today. All I can say is, wow. Totally different car. Started the day with so much traction, the car was upside down coming out of the sweeper. Found out my front anti-roll bar was vertical instead of horizontal and I moved the rear shocks to the third hole. After all the impacts that I gave it, there was no breakage of any part. I did lose 2 2nd spurs in the main. I shouldve given it a full check after bumping from main B to main A. (Yes, this is my first time running with the A guys).

Gotta mention, before even trying out my car, I changed the lower screw set to the stock one for more weight under the car (gotta have some faith in you guys). Came in 7th in the Main A (Out of 8 racers), due to alot of problems with electronics, pipe and stripped 2nd gear. Anyways, Im happy of how my MTX-4 performed with its stock TZ against those top drivers.
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:46 PM   #3462
Tech Initiate

My new mtx4 ready to run this weekend.

ICUKLN
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4-dsc04459.jpg  
ICULKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:50 PM   #3463
Tech Elite

Your wing is illegal(as per ROAR). It has to be no more than 50mm from the top rear of it to the fron/bottom of it. just cut it on the other line and you will be good to go. Cool paint scheme though.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:20 PM   #3464
Tech Initiate

Default wing

Thanks for the info, the paint job is by punisher graphics.
This guy can paint.

ICULKN at the paint job
ICULKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #3465
Tech Elite

No problem, I dont know why Protoform did that on the Mazda 6 body. Some tracks dont care, but some do. To me though, there is no point in running it unless it is in legal trim. Eventually, someone is gonna catch it and then there is gonna be an issue.