R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-27-2006, 09:48 PM   #3196
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

2mm looks about right.. i am asking becase i will be getting new tires for my upcoming season, Ellegi tires are on the top of my list this time as i have heard good things about them, do they come with offsets like nitro shoes do ? what will be the part number or stock number for it ? it does not mention anyting about offsets on the box. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris West
They are 2mm offset, I always use 2mm offset
Old 01-27-2006, 09:56 PM   #3197
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

i notice that all Ellegis and Fast tires are manufactured by GRP so basically they are the same other than the obvious, wheel design that is. it is the part numbers that confuse me, they use EV , FV, VX etc to differentiate tires, given the same compound rathing, what does each of this means ? maybe just the wheel designs or something more to it ?
Old 01-27-2006, 10:15 PM   #3198
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
hello mtx-4 racers!
the posts above were from the last two months when we just built our mtx-4's. a lot of us noticed that the side belts were a little loose. not a big problem but would be nice to have a little shorter belt.
some people i heard use the v1RRR belt which is shorter (384t) to rid of the loose belt issue.

i have sold more than 800 side belts for the mtx-3 that were for the 16/19 coversion. now, i will have the 384t side belt for the MTX-4! it will be out tomorrow through ebay. i will post some pics tonight or early tomorrow morning. the belts are wider than stock for more durability. they are also kevlar reinforced unlike most rubber belts which are fiber reinforced to save cost. the price will be posted tomorrow when the belts are officially listed!
Jo G. YGPM

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 01-27-2006 at 10:27 PM.
Scott Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:25 PM   #3199
Tech Elite

Tag:

Ellegi and Fast will be going away pretty soon. Currently they are the same rubber, on a different wheel. The fast spoked sedan wheel has a 2mm offset as the wheel was designed for the MTX 3. As was stated earlier, they just came out with a 1mm wheel for the MTX 4. The ellegi brand is imported by Serpent and it is a zero offset wheel. Because the brand is going away, Serpent has made a deal with Jaco to mount rubber on the serpent wheel.

Joe Cude: Are you running stock or mod 12th?
Old 01-27-2006, 10:47 PM   #3200
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NSantana Send a message via MSN to NSantana

Hello all,

Sorry for what seems to be a noob question but here it is. When using the 1mm offset wheels, would i need to buy some type hub adapter?

Also, is anyone here running the Max Power 2615e pipe on their car? I've got that one mine and it seems to be HORRRRIBLY too short. Any help on how anyone got the hanger on thier would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
NSantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:02 PM   #3201
Tech Elite

If you are using the 1mm offset wheels, you have the correct wheel for the car. No adapter is needed. It is really not that big a deal if you run 0, 1 or 2 mm offset wheels. As long as nothing rubs (SLIGHT possibility with 0 offset). Just remember if you go between different offset wheels you will constantly have to adjust your trackwidth, as well as then having to adjust all the tie rod lengths.

On the pipe hanger. You can bend the hanger around the front pulley.

I am sending you a PM as well.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:15 PM   #3202
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toinou
Hello,

I'm french, sorry for my bad english ...

This parts are made by x-pack.

Web Site X-Pack

@++
Très Nice !!

Sont-ils chers ? Où peux-je acheter à Paris ?

asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:18 PM   #3203
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to NSantana Send a message via MSN to NSantana

Awesome,

Thanks for the info. I don't mean to bug you with the questions but I promise this'll be the last one (for now ). It's regarding using a spektrum system. I've got an ex-10 and it came with a 302 rx...its great as far as size and weight, but being in the air force, I travel alot and having to buy crystal sets for each region is not an option ($30 x 30 channels in 75mhz US alone...can't really sneak that one past the wife )...Seeing that there are alot of racers here, i thought i'd ask if spektrum systems are used/allowable when it comes to sanctioned competitions so i can save the headache of the "frequency freak-out". Thanks again.
NSantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 12:20 AM   #3204
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSantana
Awesome,

Thanks for the info. I don't mean to bug you with the questions but I promise this'll be the last one (for now ). It's regarding using a spektrum system. I've got an ex-10 and it came with a 302 rx...its great as far as size and weight, but being in the air force, I travel alot and having to buy crystal sets for each region is not an option ($30 x 30 channels in 75mhz US alone...can't really sneak that one past the wife )...Seeing that there are alot of racers here, i thought i'd ask if spektrum systems are used/allowable when it comes to sanctioned competitions so i can save the headache of the "frequency freak-out". Thanks again.
Spektrum systems are ROAR legal. If you are racing outside the USA, local laws may make them illegal. You would have to check on that for yourself. As far as in the USA...... no problem.
Old 01-28-2006, 12:32 AM   #3205
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

scott,
YGPM
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:48 AM   #3206
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Stay away from the new Fast 1mm offset rims. They are shyte.

Have had endless trouble with them and coneing. We have been running up to 8deg camber to get them to wear flat. Seem to have less grip than the older Fast and Elligi too.
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 01:57 AM   #3207
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksy
Stay away from the new Fast 1mm offset rims. They are shyte.

Have had endless trouble with them and coneing. We have been running up to 8deg camber to get them to wear flat. Seem to have less grip than the older Fast and Elligi too.
While I fully admit, I have not run the new wheels. I have seen with my own eyes other team members that have. I have not seen anything remotely like what you report.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:54 AM   #3208
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
While I fully admit, I have not run the new wheels. I have seen with my own eyes other team members that have. I have not seen anything remotely like what you report.
Might just be the track we run on.. but 3 of us have had drama with them. I wont run them again. 8 deg of camber and still coning badly to the outer of the rim.

Back to back testing in 5 min heats. I ran a heat with the white spoked rim elligi and the next heat with the new fast. Same diameter and same shore. 3 deg rear camber had the Elligi wearing with a slight 1mm inward cone the way I like. No setup change for the next heat with the Fast and I had major outward cone, 3 mm more wear outside to inside.

Whilst the elligi provided a linear feel when it lost grip, the fast would just slide out without notice.

The new Fast rim also feels a lot softer than the previous rims.

One of the Mugen team drivers down here is running those 1mm hex spacers from the mtx2 and the rear camber link upper inner and no spaces on the hub to try and combat the cone.
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:18 AM   #3209
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Toinou

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Très Nice !!

Sont-ils chers ? Où peux-je acheter à Paris ?

Bonne question ... Je pense que tu peux les acheter à Paris ( ça dépend ou tu habites lol, faut voir avec les frais de port ).

Good question ... I think that you can buy them in Paris ( that depends or you live lol, is necessary to see with the carriage costs ).

En tout cas ce sont de très belles pièces.

In any case they are very beautiful parts

Toinou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 08:43 AM   #3210
Tech Elite

Default Diff fluid.

I was wondering... for those ones who run in good grip tracks, what kind of diff oil you're using?

Just returned of the track and this was my setup:

- F/R track: 196mm
- Shocks: 600 f/r with dark blue springs.
- Front anti roll bar: 75 degree aprox.
- Front roll center: Stock.
- Front Camber: 1.5 degrees.
- Front Caster: Stock.
- 1 degree toe-out (0.5 on each wheel).
- Ride height: 5mm
- Droop: 0.

- Rear Anti Roll bar: 2.2mm thick.
- Rear camber: 2º
- Rear roll center: 2mm washer.
- Rear toe: 1.5º
- Ride height: 5.5mm
- Droop: 0

Novarossi RR12L3.
Gearing was stock (uhm... need to change gearing, 2nd gear was a little short).

Diff oil: 30k.

Running Enetti 40sh tyres trued at 60.5/63mm.

Car was fine, fast and easy to drive, but found the diff improved from stock setup. Anyone is using 50k oil on their diff?

BTW: Where I can find a ceramic (full ceramic) bearing set for my car?
BTW2: Seems that the main shaft (the long one) is the same from MTX3 to the MTX4. Is true? Have here a Square hollow shaft lying on my toolbox.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote