R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-26-2006, 08:32 PM   #3181
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hi Scott, do you have weights added to your mtx-4 ? if so where do you place them and how much ? i am asking because my car seems to have little tweak problem, espcially during a sharp left turn the rear end would spin, no it's not about the setup because right turn is fine and nothing else.
thanks
Old 01-26-2006, 09:35 PM   #3182
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag
Hi Scott, do you have weights added to your mtx-4 ? if so where do you place them and how much ? i am asking because my car seems to have little tweak problem, espcially during a sharp left turn the rear end would spin, no it's not about the setup because right turn is fine and nothing else.
thanks
To answser your question, I do have weight added to my car because without it, it is under legal weight. I have some added into the front bumper and some added in the rear next to the engine between the two rear bulkheads. I have also added weight on occasion on the side of the chassis that the side belt is on.

Now, your problem is definitely some sort of a tweak or setup problem. It can be setup if your toe, or camber is different from side to side. You could have a bent chassis, a bent hinge pin, bent shock shaft. There are a lot of things that can cause your problem. Get a straight edge of some sort and lay it on the bottom of the chassis to make sure it isn't bent (or at least not too much). Definitely check the setup and make certain it is all correct. If your rear toe is too different on each side that could be the problem right there. Remove the shocks and make certain they all are filled (no blown seals) and make sure they move freely. Look at the shafts to make sure they are straight. I had an MTX3 with that same issue... A new chassis fixed that problem. Another way to check for a bent chassis if you don't have a straight edge is: When dealing with either the front or rear end of the car, if you have to set the shock collars differently in order to get the ride height the same on each side, you probably have a chassis problem. The problem could even be your radio steering end points are different left vs. right. It could also be your CVD's or dogbones binding on sharp turns. Try turning the wheels all the way in each direction and make sure the car still rolls freely. It could be a bearing in a front upright that is binding under a heavy load (sharp turns)

I don't know what your actual problem is, but if the car turns radically different left to right the problem is not weight placement.

Good luck, this can take some patience sometimes. If you have anymore questions ask away.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:23 PM   #3183
Tag
Tech Master

Thanks for the advise i just have the car setup again on integy board , it turned out that rear toes were a little off, it might be the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
To answser your question, I do have weight added to my car because without it, it is under legal weight. I have some added into the front bumper and some added in the rear next to the engine between the two rear bulkheads. I have also added weight on occasion on the side of the chassis that the side belt is on.

Now, your problem is definitely some sort of a tweak or setup problem. It can be setup if your toe, or camber is different from side to side. You could have a bent chassis, a bent hinge pin, bent shock shaft. There are a lot of things that can cause your problem. Get a straight edge of some sort and lay it on the bottom of the chassis to make sure it isn't bent (or at least not too much). Definitely check the setup and make certain it is all correct. If your rear toe is too different on each side that could be the problem right there. Remove the shocks and make certain they all are filled (no blown seals) and make sure they move freely. Look at the shafts to make sure they are straight. I had an MTX3 with that same issue... A new chassis fixed that problem. Another way to check for a bent chassis if you don't have a straight edge is: When dealing with either the front or rear end of the car, if you have to set the shock collars differently in order to get the ride height the same on each side, you probably have a chassis problem. The problem could even be your radio steering end points are different left vs. right. It could also be your CVD's or dogbones binding on sharp turns. Try turning the wheels all the way in each direction and make sure the car still rolls freely. It could be a bearing in a front upright that is binding under a heavy load (sharp turns)

I don't know what your actual problem is, but if the car turns radically different left to right the problem is not weight placement.

Good luck, this can take some patience sometimes. If you have anymore questions ask away.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:45 AM   #3184
Tech Elite

Default A tweak could be caused by...

Some other parts too, let's do a quick check.

Uneven filled shocks.
Worn springs (yep... they wear too differently). In case of suspect, put apart and ask to a friend to have their springs for doing a quick check. Discard them at the most little suspect of uneven wear and stiffness.
Suspension bind, remove the shocks, disconnect anti roll bars (another possible suspect for a chassis tweak) and double check that suspension assemblies travels without hard points nor binding.
Warped anti roll bars.

Check the engine mounts too, when tightened to the chassis can create a tweak too (on the MTX3, sometimes happened). A one piece engine mount could be handy there, because is almost impossible to bend a chassis installing it (loosen the 4 superior engine mounting screws and tighten another time).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:11 AM   #3185
Tech Regular

cool stuff for 4 ...
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4-xpack1101065.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-xpack1101066.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-xpack1101067.jpg   Mugen MTX-4-xpack1101068.jpg  
FF25510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:59 AM   #3186
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF25510
cool stuff for 4 ...
Who made them ?
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:09 AM   #3187
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have similar problem wit hhandling before , it hooks into corners. After checking I found out that my anti roll bar link was not at even length, one was longer than the other. Rectified that and all is cool again.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:21 AM   #3188
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by devious17
I have similar problem wit hhandling before , it hooks into corners. After checking I found out that my anti roll bar link was not at even length, one was longer than the other. Rectified that and all is cool again.
I don't use rear sway bar........ less weight, more grip.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 12:19 PM   #3189
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to Toinou

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Who made them ?
Hello,

I'm french, sorry for my bad english ...

This parts are made by x-pack.

Web Site X-Pack

@++
Toinou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:04 PM   #3190
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

your english is much better than my french
Old 01-27-2006, 01:56 PM   #3191
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Does anybody know what belt from another car fits the MTX4? I happened to have picked up a belt to check for fit, I thought it was for the x4, but it fits much better, no slack. Somebody said it might be from the RRR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wing
mgreen
I am using rrr (384) side belt for my MTX4. Becuase I am using 23T, the original belt is too lose...
Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
.............On the side belts. The rubber side belt does seem a bit loose, but it does not seem to be a problem. I was able to get the shorter belt on, but I won't need much of a belt tensioner with that belt.
hello mtx-4 racers!
the posts above were from the last two months when we just built our mtx-4's. a lot of us noticed that the side belts were a little loose. not a big problem but would be nice to have a little shorter belt.
some people i heard use the v1RRR belt which is shorter (384t) to rid of the loose belt issue.

i have sold more than 800 side belts for the mtx-3 that were for the 16/19 coversion. now, i will have the 384t side belt for the MTX-4! it will be out tomorrow through ebay. i will post some pics tonight or early tomorrow morning. the belts are wider than stock for more durability. they are also kevlar reinforced unlike most rubber belts which are fiber reinforced to save cost. the price will be posted tomorrow when the belts are officially listed!
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 09:02 PM   #3192
Tag
Tech Master

hello, does any here knows what mm offset are the mugen fast tires that came with the kit ?
Old 01-27-2006, 09:03 PM   #3193
Tech Addict

im pretty sure tis 1 degree.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:04 PM   #3194
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Chris West

They are 2mm offset, I always use 2mm offset
Old 01-27-2006, 09:30 PM   #3195
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The Mugen USA kits that first came out had a 2mm offset. The car was designed to use a 1mm offset tire. Mugen has them now. I bought some from Robbie at the Crystal Park Toys for Tots race a while back. They are a slightly different looking rim so it is not too hard to tell the difference. I will be running the 2mm wheels for quite a while since I still have close to 40 pairs that I bought when I was in Hong Kong last year. They should last me for a while to come now that my Nitro racing season is so short here in Chicago. I hate the cold weather and the blasted indoor carpet tracks... Scott, I finally got the Carpet Knife somewhat dialed in now and am now just working on my crappy driving. I need more motor to keep up with these guys up here though. Guys like Mark Sweeney are pretty fast with these things.