R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-29-2005, 11:02 PM   #2386
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
so you mean they are the same

if they are, then there shouldn't be any problem, right?
Yes they are the same
Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 11:03 PM   #2387
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinyard
Yes they are the same
cool! thanks!!!
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 11:10 PM   #2388
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moot
taken from previous page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moot

so the 'standard' position is the tightest?

Yes.

so is standard tightest or the loosest
Not to be offensive, but if you build the car yourself, you will know the answer without doubts.
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 11:37 PM   #2389
Tech Regular

i built the car,i just did it to the book and didnt take notice.
moot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 06:23 AM   #2390
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNACKPACK
Hi guys, this is my understanding of roll centre, so PLEASE correct me if I am wrong :
RAISING THE ROLL CENTRE: To raise the roll centre you make adjustments so that the top arm/link is at a greater angle in relation to the lower arm. To do this LOWER the INSIDE pivot point (the pivot point located on the shock tower on most cars) of the top arm/link OR RAISE the OUTSIDE pivot point (located on the suspension upright on most cars) of the top arm/link. Raising the outside pivot point of the top arm can be achieved by adding shims to the upright.
As raising the roll centre reduces the distance between the centre of gravity and the roll centre, the car will roll less when cornering forces are applied. Because the car rolls less, the wheels will have less weight transferred to them and therefore have less traction.
Effects of raising the front roll centre: The front tyres will have less grip, and therefore the car my under steer at higher speeds (off power). However because less weight is being transferred from left to right, the car will react more quickly and feel more responsive in low speed corners.
Effects of raising the rear roll centre: The rear tyres will have less grip, and therefore the car will change direction faster and generally be more responsive.
LOWERING THE ROLL CENTRE: To lower the roll centre you make adjustments to the top arm/link so that it is more parallel (grammer?) in relation to the lower arm. To do this RAISE the INSIDE pivot point of the top arm/link OR LOWER the OUTSIDE pivot point of the top arm/link.
As lowering the roll centre increases the distance between the centre of gravity and the roll centre, the car will roll more when cornering forces are applied. Because the car rolls more the wheels will have more weight transferred to them, and therefore have more traction.
Effects of lowering the front roll centre: The front tyres will have more grip and therefore the car will have more off power steering. However because more weight is transferred from left to right the car will generally be less responsive (especially at low speeds).
Effects of lowering the rear roll centre: The rear tyres will have more grip and the car will have a tendency to under steer (on power). The car will react less responsively and will usually feel more docile and controllable.
As I said before, this is only my understanding of roll centre and am I by no means are suggesting that anyone else on this forum is wrong. If I am grossly misinformed please correct me.
I hope this helps...and makes sense
I agree!

By the way look closely.........Grammar is spelled this way!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:47 AM   #2391
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to gfd2726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
the 3racing titanium pivot balls for v1rrr is only $35 (yes, that is for 8 of them). i was wondering if they are the same size and can be used for the 4. because if that is the case, it will be a very cheap upgrade!
I have the 3racing titanium pivot balls on my RRR but they're difference size compare to Mugen MTX3 & 4's pivot balls. If I remember correctly the head on RRR's pivot balls are a little bigger compare to mugen MTX3s & 4s. I also tried using my S710's titanium pivot balls (also by 3racing) but again.. it's not the same size... (too short). I ended up buying the mugen's...
gfd2726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 11:29 AM   #2392
Buyer Beware

the jan 06 issue of xtreme rc cars has a review of the mugen mtx-4.....
HELLOkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 02:41 PM   #2393
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLOkitty
the jan 06 issue of xtreme rc cars has a review of the mugen mtx-4.....
Just found the mag from my mailbox today lol. Did you get your X4 yet?
Old 11-30-2005, 02:49 PM   #2394
Buyer Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogreasurada
Just found the mag from my mailbox today lol. Did you get your X4 yet?
yes,but its still sealed up in the box waiting to be opened!...over the holidays,i am gonna build it up....i am glad they wrote that review...
HELLOkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 02:53 PM   #2395
Tech Elite

Quote:
yes,but its still sealed up in the box waiting to be opened!...over the holidays,i am gonna build it up....i am glad they wrote that review...
dang, you are one strong girl!
i always get weak and couldn't control myself at times when i have a brand new kit... and that was the reason why i didn't sleep much until i finished mine when i got it
Old 11-30-2005, 03:13 PM   #2396
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Wish you great joy building this beautiful machine! I know I enjoyed it tho only lasted thru one weekend hehe.
Old 11-30-2005, 06:25 PM   #2397
Tech Regular

Default where can i get the mtx4

Hi' guys where can i get the mtx4,and price too,Thanks'
Old 11-30-2005, 07:04 PM   #2398
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentpro28
whre are u about?any LHS around?they should b able to help..
by d way,so cute,hope 1 day can become A cute main driver too..
MAVICXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:31 PM   #2399
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Yea, mine is going to be here in a week but I have to wait untill Christmas also.
THE DOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 08:17 AM   #2400
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentpro28

pare, check out www.gasrccar.com that's LEEMUSE website. he'll hook you up with a US kit. he should have a lot of spare parts in already also.