R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-27-2005, 12:13 AM   #2341
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Scott: yes, the rear hinge pin came all the way through the insert and cracked the front holder and was starting to come throught he rear bulkhead. It stopped at the screw holding it down. Somebody also needs to build an aluminum rear front insert holder along with those brass inserts.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:24 AM   #2342
Tech Elite

i like your style chook your a quick driver AND you like your bling!

ATTENTION AUSTRALIAN MTX4 DRIVERS:

i noticed with my australian kit (purchased from ozzy shop) the tyres were the old style mtx3 rims and the compounds seem to be 42 fronts and 40 rears. a friend who purchased OS got a new rim design and very soft foamies.

also, my mates brake disk pads are blue, and mine are grey.

did any other ozzy drivers find this, or have different tyres to mine? my box was alos not factory sealed, but my mates OS purchased one was.

overall, i haven't finished building it, but was pritty suprised at the front baulkhead missmatch, this isn't like mugen at all , as well i heard initial kits came with two belts for the side, and later, this was changed. i think mugen should have included both belts
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 09:04 AM   #2343
Tech Adept

Default Starter Box Plate

Nice way to locate your car during startup.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=91916
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4-full-view-small-.jpg  
gonad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 09:19 AM   #2344
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by k617nu-b
Guys question about the MTX4 build, approx. how long should the exposed part be of the upper and the lower ball screw for the front upper and lower a-arms connection to the knuckle arms as shown in the pic, i used the mtx-3 front universal joint but when i screw in the ball screw so that the thread are all imbedded in the a-arms and exposing only the smooth part, it feels hard to turn the knuckle arms. Just started the build last night but i managed to do the front suspension only, will continue it tonight. Thanks..
Use Tamiya Grease to turn the pillow ( pivot ) ball easier.

I'm using MTX3 titanium, and could penetrate even deeper than in the photo.

Use Hudy Setup Tools to measure front width ( 199 mm ) and front camber.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 01:51 PM   #2345
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomWorldOrder

i noticed with my australian kit (purchased from ozzy shop) the tyres were the old style mtx3 rims and the compounds seem to be 42 fronts and 40 rears. a friend who purchased OS got a new rim design and very soft foamies.

did any other ozzy drivers find this, or have different tyres to mine? my box was alos not factory sealed, but my mates OS purchased one was.

overall, i haven't finished building it, but was pritty suprised at the front baulkhead missmatch, this isn't like mugen at all , as well i heard initial kits came with two belts for the side, and later, this was changed. i think mugen should have included both belts
i got mine from barry walker. without tires

my brake pads are grey and i only got one side belt and my box wasnt sealed

whats the problem with the bulkheads? mine went together perfect and everything fits 100% besides from the motor.anyone else find that you have to take off the belt tensioner to get the motor in?
moot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 02:03 PM   #2346
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have to take the tensioner off also. Kinda annoying but oh well. I didnt have any probs with the front bulkheads.

Scott, What do you guys true tires to start at in Vegas these days? I think I was cutting to 63 last time I was there. Dont really remember since it was like 8 months ago. At Revs I was cutting to 58.5 and 60.5. Is a 45-42 going to be the hot ticket at Crystal?
Old 11-27-2005, 02:11 PM   #2347
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomWorldOrder

the official word is the 1st batch of faulty front bulkheads will be replaced with the correct fitting ones, you will receive them from your place of purchase so keep in contact with your supplier for more news.the kit comes standard with grey pads the blue pads are an option part,the side belt in the kit is the 1 and only belt available at present and the new 1 degree offset wheels are not yet available from grp fast tires and yes the bling is a must
chookgb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 05:46 PM   #2348
Tech Regular

Hi Guys,

Been doing my MTX4 build now and i am wondering why the front belt is a bit loose not like the rear, as the manual says, i should use the 5mm for the front and the 6mm for the rear, what pulley should i use for the front belt assembly and the rear and the side belt as well, also, my kit comes with only 1 side belt and its very loose after i installed it, its so loose that when you pinch the belt in the middle, the inside would almost touch each other (as shown in the pic), im afraid that if i install the belt tensioner, it would be so low that i would not have any more adjustments after the first run-in. Does any of your kit also comes with 1 side belt or you did purchase a shorter one.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4-belt.jpg  
k617nu-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 06:18 PM   #2349
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Been doing my MTX4 build now and i am wondering why the front belt is a bit loose not like the rear, as the manual says, i should use the 5mm for the front and the 6mm for the rear, what pulley should i use for the front belt assembly and the rear and the side belt as well, also, my kit comes with only 1 side belt and its very loose after i installed it, its so loose that when you pinch the belt in the middle, the inside would almost touch each other (as shown in the pic), im afraid that if i install the belt tensioner, it would be so low that i would not have any more adjustments after the first run-in. Does any of your kit also comes with 1 side belt or you did purchase a shorter one.

Thanks.
My kit (US spec) comes with 2 side belts, one fiber and one rubber(recommanded for use from the updated page), both belts are about the same length. And if you feel the front belt is too loose you can always adjust the eccenters.
ogreasurada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:20 PM   #2350
Tech Champion

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks.
Front Belt and Rear Belt : Try to readjust the position of eccentric bulkheads. Read ther manual for direction to make it tighter or looser.

Middle Belt : We get 2 middle belts. My MTX4 friend use the fiber ( shorter ) and I'm using the rubber belt ( longer ), and you adjust the belt tensioner quite low ( low cg ).
Old 11-27-2005, 07:20 PM   #2351
Tech Regular

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks.
My side belt difference from yours, it made of rubber and shorter. Are you using the standard position of the front and rear belt tension? and from the photo, the gears seems wrong
FF25510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 07:24 PM   #2352
Tech Champion

The first and second gear are the other way around !!
Old 11-27-2005, 07:48 PM   #2353
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
I have to take the tensioner off also. Kinda annoying but oh well. I didnt have any probs with the front bulkheads.

Scott, What do you guys true tires to start at in Vegas these days? I think I was cutting to 63 last time I was there. Dont really remember since it was like 8 months ago. At Revs I was cutting to 58.5 and 60.5. Is a 45-42 going to be the hot ticket at Crystal?

I was starting today at 61.5 rear, 59.6 front. Kawahara 37's. By the time I was done today my car was really good. At revelation I was running 58 rears and 56 fronts Fast 42's. One thing with this new car is I am finding if you run your tires above 61mm in the rear that the only way to get the ride height below 4.5mm is to use front springs on the rear. The biggest tires I ever ran here were 62 rears 61 fronts on my MTX3. If I put 62's on the back of my MTX4 my ride height will be too tall. I have never been to Crystal Park, but Mike told me probably 40's or 42's. He said maybe 45's, but probably 40's or 42's.

On the side belts. The rubber side belt does seem a bit loose, but it does not seem to be a problem. I was able to get the shorter belt on, but I won't need much of a belt tensioner with that belt.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:11 PM   #2354
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
On the side belts. The rubber side belt does seem a bit loose, but it does not seem to be a problem. I was able to get the shorter belt on, but I won't need much of a belt tensioner with that belt.
Scott,
Kawahara had a new belt tensioner K-880 may fit you, wait...
FF25510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 09:42 PM   #2355
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF25510
My side belt difference from yours, it made of rubber and shorter. Are you using the standard position of the front and rear belt tension? and from the photo, the gears seems wrong
you mean the pulleys? can you tell me how many teeth pulley should go to what side and what shaft...im confused, this is my first build of the 4 and the manual is not as clear as to what number of pulley should go to this specific shaft...i saw some pics in the mugen website and it seems that for middle shaft, the side belt pulley is larger than the main shaft side belt pulley (outer one) and still i can see minimal slack in the belt, not so loose...
k617nu-b is offline   Reply With Quote