R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-23-2005, 12:12 AM   #2281
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz
First, the chassis is not cut from a cad drawing. (i've been asked for the program already) Scott Fisher, I need an address to send you something.

To switch the chassis over, I just took the car and placed it upside down on a towel, removed all the screws from the bottom and lifted the aluminum chassis off. I then overlayed the carbon fiber chassis and put the screws back in. EVERYTHING lined up perfectly! This took about 10 min.

I just ran the car. I am EXCITED!!! There is 5 pictures of the car. You can read the scales for yourself. The car, with the stock setup was INSANE!!! Running the body in the picture Mazda 6, after the tires wore in (fresh trued), the car was like driving my pan car all over again. I almost couldn't get the rear end to break loose, even when I stabbed the throttle wide open, it just took off! It was like driving a sling shot! Cornering....unbelievable! after a few laps, taking the turns faster and faster, I was hardly off throttle. I ran 5 tanks through the car, and the chassis never got over 120deg, and I was leaning the engine more and more to the point it started to have a lean bog, and the hottest engine temp was at 219deg.

Temp outside was 72. Track was cleaned, not sprayed. Tires:40 shore.
I never want to take this off my car, but I need to send it to somebody for thier test if they want to test it for themselves. I only want it back.
How is the flex from front to rear? How about side to side flex?

Looks very cool. Keep up the awsome work.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:09 AM   #2282
Tech Champion

rcfoolz: is it possible to make 5mm main chassis + 5mm rear shock tower ? What about the accuracy and craftmanship ?

How much ?
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 01:41 AM   #2283
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

I just got some of those 4mm shock towers with the recessed mount area. They look quite nice and I think they will be more than beefy enough.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:00 AM   #2284
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

The accuracy of the holes and chassis is within .2 mm, the only place I have problem is the holes for mounting the engine with resessing the holes. The equipment I am using won't cut the matterial as clean and nice as I would like for the engine mounting screws, so I have to do this part by hand, It looks a little ugly, but still works. as for flex, after installing it, side flex and front to rear flex is the same if not less than the aluminum.

Cost.....I only did this for myself, and did not intend on selling it, I want a few drivers to test the chassis for me and after I get feedback, I might decide to sell it then. For now, I already submitted for rights so if anybody copied it, I can go after them. The chassis is cut different from the stock one. but if it works out well in testing, I will have to see how much it will cost to have it done..

If somebody wanted one right now, I wouldn't sell one. I have 2 going out for testing and I have 1 on ebay for auction to try to get some of my costs back. I am cutting 1 more for myself till I find out what others think about it.

Last edited by rcfoolz; 11-23-2005 at 02:10 AM.
rcfoolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:35 AM   #2285
Tech Champion

I sent email to jason at www.bmiracing.com

His company promise these :

" All BMI Racing carbon fiber kits and components are cut to within .002 of an inch. BMI Racing only uses the highest quality carbon fiber available.
BMI Racing uses extremely high quality carbon fiber that has alternating fiber layers situated at 0 deg, 90 deg and again at 45 deg for maximum torsional strength. BMI Racing exclusievly uses 3 direction carbon fiber. All of BMI Racing's colored carbon fiber is fine weave layed in 3 direction to insure maximum strength. "

So I asked for custom made 5mm main chassis & rear shock tower for mtx4.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 05:48 AM   #2286
Tech Elite

Jason is the one who is helped me with the tooling and materials to cut these. He probably will tell you that when he answers your email. He has some 4mm carbon fiber he offered to me yesterday, and I was thinking about picking it up today. Jason is a very good person and if I decide to produce these, he would be the one cutting them for me. He has done some of my other stuff in the past and his quality is of the very best.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:01 AM   #2287
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Slotmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by monotuning
We should use that track to test and tune our products!
Try an 1/8 scale pully from any of the brand name cars.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:18 AM   #2288
Tech Elite

I just talked to Jason at BMI this morning. We talked about getting some of these cut at the shop so they would be top quality, considering doing limited run of 50.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:42 AM   #2289
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfoolz
I just talked to Jason at BMI this morning. We talked about getting some of these cut at the shop so they would be top quality, considering doing limited run of 50.
rcfoolz,
Count me in for 2 chassis'. Always looking to try something different. Keep us posted on availability if it goes through with Jason. BTW tell Gary Figaroa I said what up, he said he was your pit buddy.
Jamie Corrado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:30 PM   #2290
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Been searching but cant find an overdrive ratio chart for the MTX3.

I want to compare the 3 and 4.

Anyone have a link.

thanks

DC
OZDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 03:35 PM   #2291
Tech Fanatic

mtx3 is 1to1 in stock config i think
ilaybrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 09:43 PM   #2292
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rcracerdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZDC
Been searching but cant find an overdrive ratio chart for the MTX3.

I want to compare the 3 and 4.

Anyone have a link.

thanks

DC
there was none. I can only guess that the overdrive is pretty bad on the MTX-3 just because of the way we wear out the rear tires with stock pulley setup. That's the reason why also we switched to the 16/19 conversion; tire wear came close to 1:1 with 16/19 w/ about 2mm split. However, I wouldn't know for sure since there's no table to base it on - just from track experience

derbybrosracing.com
rcracerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 10:29 PM   #2293
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Try this DC..
Attached Files
File Type: zip MTX3OverdriveChart.zip (6.2 KB, 47 views)
sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 05:15 AM   #2294
Tech Elite

i just got myself a mtx4 are there any building tips i need to know?

also what option parts from the mtx3 fit the 4?? does the two speed shaft fit?
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2005, 05:52 AM   #2295
Tech Elite

two speed shaft fits in.