R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-17-2005, 01:27 PM   #2161
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I found that if the car flys into a brick wall at a high rate of speed, the mount for the rear will break. The weak point of the car seems to be the rear end. Shock tower, A-arms, and pivot block. I have broken both rear A-arms already. But, if you cant afford to drive hard and fix what you break, you should find a cheaper hobby.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:35 PM   #2162
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

VERY TRUE or maybe drive like grandma j/k
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 04:44 PM   #2163
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Working on the rear diff is a lot easier. I was wanting to try heavier diff oil at the fusion race. Bottom line is it took 4 mins total to change the diff oil and have the car ready to go again.

I must have been lucky. I hit some stuff pretty darn hard and all I broke at the fusion race was a rear shock shaft.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:49 PM   #2164
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Chris West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jea3
would this be better in the Engine forums? This is after all the MTX4 thread, and that's what I want to read about.

Anyone running a diff in the MTX4? I had some issues getting it to fit right, or spin freely.
When using the diff you cant do this step in the manual or else it wont fit. (Ive alraedy tried)

I guled mine because my club track suits the one way and now I'll have to get anothe pulley for the front if I want to use the diff

Chris
Old 11-17-2005, 04:59 PM   #2165
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

thanks for the pic chris
this was the plastic ring i was referring to on my post #2154

you can probably soak it in acetone overnight. it should undo the glue. we used to do this when saving the wheels (offroad racing). we soak the tire in acetone overnight and the next day the old tire peels off and the wheels are ready for new ones. i was gonna do this to my pulley but i didn't have enough time.
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 05:01 PM   #2166
Tech Regular

Cool thanks for the tip I might try it
Old 11-17-2005, 06:20 PM   #2167
Tech Adept

Smile

Are you guys using the RRR side-belt as a replacement for the MTX-4 side-belt when the other one gos out? That is if it gos out. I'm trying to order some and it seems like they are on back-order from Mugen. But I think I heard that the K RRR will fit.
mgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 06:29 PM   #2168
Tech Regular

what do you mean Mugen just started making rubber belts instead of urathane as an option part and one came with the kit.
Old 11-17-2005, 06:34 PM   #2169
Tech Regular

the next orders are supposed to be shipped by the end of this month. by the way what exactly do you meanwhen you say they are goin to go out , do you mean that they will stop making them or something like that ?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:52 PM   #2170
Tech Regular

I think that the only weakpoint on the car is the rear shock tower, has anyone made a home made one or got a thicker one. other than that this car handles alot better than my HPI R40 (which i dont even use anymore because the MTX-4 goes alot better) Ive done times runs and im doing .3 second faster lap times than what i was doing before and it so much easier for my pitman do do his job (my brother (hehehe)) and in a race i do more distance aswell. I dont think that i will go back to an HPI or anything else. Great car Mugen
Old 11-17-2005, 07:23 PM   #2171
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreen
Are you guys using the RRR side-belt as a replacement for the MTX-4 side-belt when the other one gos out? That is if it gos out. I'm trying to order some and it seems like they are on back-order from Mugen. But I think I heard that the K RRR will fit.
mgreen
I am using rrr (384) side belt for my MTX4. Becuase I am using 23T, the original belt is too lose...
Wing
wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:36 PM   #2172
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreen
My friend use the urathene belt ( the short one ). It's okay too.
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 07:42 PM   #2173
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris West
I think that the only weakpoint on the car is the rear shock tower, has anyone made a home made one or got a thicker one. ......... Great car Mugen
Have you ever break it ? Easy to break ?
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 09:13 PM   #2174
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Chris West. I make 3mm shock towers for the car and if anybody is looking for belts, I know someone who has them in stock, both rubber and urathene. call 949-261-7272. Make sure to ask for Jim Buccellato and also tell him that James from Florida gave you the number. This way, he will give you the same price he gives me.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:45 PM   #2175
Tech Adept

Chris West, what I ment was the place, I order my MTX-4 parts from, never has the side rubber belt in stock. I taked to somebody there and they said that they were on back-order from Mugen-USA. I do have one that came with the kit, but I would like to have atleast one more just incase. I was planing on running the car at a event thats sort of a distance away from where I live; But I decided not to because it would not be worth running one qualifier and for whatever reason; my side belt becomes damaged and I don't have a replacement for it. I'm going off my experience from racing the NTC3. So I'm just going to race the MTX-4 here in Austin. Till I have more spare parts. I can not wait to run the car this Saturday.

Wing, thanks for the info.

Last edited by mgreen; 11-18-2005 at 08:01 AM.
mgreen is offline   Reply With Quote