R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-04-2005, 09:29 AM   #1801
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff whiting
jez....have you re-read your post? Your sentence structure could use a little work also.
I think if he wrote it in Italian his sentence structure would be just fine but then again you wouldn't understand him would ya! Like he said he doesn't speak english really well.
Number 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:34 AM   #1802
Tech Apprentice

With all this talk about service, helpfully, Mugen USA can help me out on this. I purchased a MTX-4 (US Kit) from my LHS (Revelation) along with a Mugen X12 engine this Tuesday. After completing the kit last night, I found out the brake post was not threaded as illustrated. In addition, the rubber boot on my X12 carb has a 1.5mm ripe. These are not major flaws, but I can't test my brand new car (over $900 spent) over the weekend for next week's Fusion race.

I will contact Mugen today and advise...
wendellc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:34 AM   #1803
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreen
How do you set the camber for the MTX-4? I could not find anything in the kit. I can not wait to run this car.
You need a camber guage or setup station whichever. Inside your up rights are pivot balls you adjust that way. I hope that helps.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:35 AM   #1804
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andream88
Sorry, i'm italian and i don't speak english very well!

I have an mtx4, and i have to buy the servos..!

Sorry again, sorry!

Thansk, bye

as long as you buy the high end servo for the steering, you'll be fine. get a KO or Sanwa. get their flagship servos (usually the more expensive ones). the cheap servos are very unreliable and will break right away. the mtx-4 is a high end car that deserves decent servos
Derby Bros Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:46 AM   #1805
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Gutierrez
as long as you buy the high end servo for the steering, you'll be fine. get a KO or Sanwa. get their flagship servos (usually the more expensive ones). the cheap servos are very unreliable and will break right away. the mtx-4 is a high end car that deserves decent servos
You should be banished from RCTech. With your avatars I don't get to read nothing anymore. :-)
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:47 AM   #1806
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
As far as Mugen USA support goes, how is this really going to hurt anybody? It is not like if you break an arm at the track that they are going to replace it. There is no warranty on these cars. Are the team drivers not going to help us at the track if our car doesn't have a serial number on it? What about when someone with a US car puts on an aftermarket chassis? Does he need to carry his original one with him to the races so they know his car is a US car? I bought an overseas car because they were not available here. Is that a crime? If the price would have been 450 overseas, I still would have bought it. I wanted to get the car and I didn't want to wait. Anyways, I think the whole serial number thing is kind of retarded, but that is only my opinion. Am I standing alone here?
Who told you we would not replace it!. Myself and the other team drivers would have no hesitation replacing a part for you if we were at the same race(if you had a US serial number). I personally have replaced motors for mugen customers at races. This is what we are here for, not to suck Mugen dry of kit and parts. A sponsored drivers first priority is the customer, because we know who puts the syrup on are pancakes! MugenSeiki USA is a SEPARATE business unit from Mugen Japan, meaning we buy everything we sell from Mugen Japan. We have to stay profitable to sustain are business. I dont think it is crime that you bought you kit overseas, but it is illegal for the hobby shop that sold it to you to do so. Mugen Seiki Japan and USA are taking steps to address these problems. The kits that were first overseas had a issue with the front bulhhead, which was coreccted in all US boud kits. There are alot of calls to Mugen USA about this, and the only thing I can tell the customer is to contact the place where they bought it from overseas. I do think the issue should be addressed, but not by Mugen USA. I know this is a pain, but again Mugen Seiki USA is a separate business unit from Mugen Japan. The fact that you stated that you bought your kit overseas because you could not WAIT is your fault. A little patience would have gone along way. As far as you serial number on you chassis goes, I would record the number just in case you did change your chassis to an aftermarket one. I hope this helps. Anymore qusetions, please let me know.

Mike Huse
Mugen Seki USA
mhuse6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:51 AM   #1807
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan
You should be banished from RCTech. With your avatars I don't get to read nothing anymore. :-)
Before we banish him, can I get a hi-resolution of that picture?
wendellc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 09:51 AM   #1808
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan

be nice!
Old 11-04-2005, 09:52 AM   #1809
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendellc1
Before we banish him, can I get a hi-resolution of that picture?

hint: signatures!
Old 11-04-2005, 10:00 AM   #1810
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuse6969
Who told you we would not replace it!. Myself and the other team drivers would have no hesitation replacing a part for you if we were at the same race(if you had a US serial number). I personally have replaced motors for mugen customers at races. This is what we are here for, not to suck Mugen dry of kit and parts. A sponsored drivers first priority is the customer, because we know who puts the syrup on are pancakes! MugenSeiki USA is a SEPARATE business unit from Mugen Japan, meaning we buy everything we sell from Mugen Japan. We have to stay profitable to sustain are business. I dont think it is crime that you bought you kit overseas, but it is illegal for the hobby shop that sold it to you to do so. Mugen Seiki Japan and USA are taking steps to address these problems. The kits that were first overseas had a issue with the front bulhhead, which was coreccted in all US boud kits. There are alot of calls to Mugen USA about this, and the only thing I can tell the customer is to contact the place where they bought it from overseas. I do think the issue should be addressed, but not by Mugen USA. I know this is a pain, but again Mugen Seiki USA is a separate business unit from Mugen Japan. The fact that you stated that you bought your kit overseas because you could not WAIT is your fault. A little patience would have gone along way. As far as you serial number on you chassis goes, I would record the number just in case you did change your chassis to an aftermarket one. I hope this helps. Anymore qusetions, please let me know.

Mike Huse
Mugen Seki USA

I tried to get a stickersheet from Tim Long at the 2004 Winternationals in Ft. Myers, because I needed to paint a new body and had no stickers with me.

He promised me from wednesday through saturday that he would give me one the next day.

i ended up buying one from fast 'n furious.

great support, thanks again......

Btw, he did not miss to ask me about my home made Mugen shirt every day and telling me that it's illegal
Old 11-04-2005, 10:09 AM   #1811
Tech Adept

Stefan... I am sorry about you bad experience. Tim Long is no longer employed by Mugen USA, and has not been for over a year now. If there anything I can do to support you as a Mugen customer please let me know. As far as your t-shirt goes, you are free to make any shirt you like, as long as it does not portray Mugen in a negetive way.

Mike Huse
Mugen USA
mhuse6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:11 AM   #1812
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rcracerdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuse6969
...MugenSeiki USA is a SEPARATE business unit from Mugen Japan, meaning we buy everything we sell from Mugen Japan. We have to stay profitable to sustain are business.....

Mike Huse
Mugen Seki USA
Thattttt explains everything!

derbybrosracing.com
rcracerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 10:12 AM   #1813
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sorry Stefan, you seems to have nothing positive to say on this thread at all. You aren't a US customer but bitch about US pricing, you don't live in US and bitch anything about Mugen USA.

Say something good or don't say anything at all.

Sorry to pick on you, but your attitude drags everyone down.

Dom
Old 11-04-2005, 10:25 AM   #1814
Tech Master

Well put.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:55 AM   #1815
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by litespeed-dom
Sorry Stefan, you seems to have nothing positive to say on this thread at all. You aren't a US customer but bitch about US pricing, you don't live in US and bitch anything about Mugen USA.

Say something good or don't say anything at all.

Sorry to pick on you, but your attitude drags everyone down.

Dom

Hold your horses.
I did live in the US for over 10 years until last summer and every dime I spent on my Mugen cars were spend in the US. I'm still living of the boxes full of parts that I bought over there, I haven't even bought any tires here yet.

To say something good or nothing is an American thing, sorry no can do!

I'm back in the land of the free now....