Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-4

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 01:57 AM
Tech Elite

i don't really think the mtx3 requires much of a change except adjustable front roll centre, adjustable top a arms, and a simpler steering ackerman adjustments.

a micro clutch would be good, but the mugen clutch is the king anyway so really no need.

NICE BUT NOT NEEDED STUFF?
-rear blade type sway bars
-a xray/serpent style clickable shock piston system would be good.

i recon they will change the spring rates as well so that people need to buy new ones.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Die Hard

I was a diehard Mugan fan and was waiting for the MTX-4 but a few weeks ago I drove my friends G4 Mongoose and now I have two of them. I have to say I don't see Mugan toping this one and it's half the price.
Old 07-10-2005, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HELLION
I was a diehard Mugan fan and was waiting for the MTX-4 but a few weeks ago I drove my friends G4 Mongoose and now I have two of them. I have to say I don't see Mugan toping this one and it's half the price.
You are one of the few that has had success with that car. I tested the Team Magic G4 for three weeks at my local club track and got my butt handed to me each race day. When I moved back to my MTX-3 and R-40, I was back in the mix of the top racers. But in the long run, you will be coming back to Mugen when you get to a big race and the MTX-3/4, Serpent 710/7? (you know that they are due for a new number), and Kyoshos hand you your butt time and time again.
Old 07-10-2005, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

wow
Old 07-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Is there a set date as of yet for when they are going to release this car?
Old 07-10-2005, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

why???

you already have a car Lahey......
Old 07-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Yeah I know Randy, I am just curious as to when I can expect to upgrade my current car, thats all. I have laways like the Mugen line of cars, but right now I have to be a budget racer, thats why I have the car I have now.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default OUCH!

Originally Posted by JLock
You are one of the few that has had success with that car. I tested the Team Magic G4 for three weeks at my local club track and got my butt handed to me each race day. When I moved back to my MTX-3 and R-40, I was back in the mix of the top racers. But in the long run, you will be coming back to Mugen when you get to a big race and the MTX-3/4, Serpent 710/7? (you know that they are due for a new number), and Kyoshos hand you your butt time and time again.
Pretty bold. Makes me think if my car was alive and saw your car on the grid it would be grinning from head light to head light. I don't remember ever having my butt handed to me by a Kyosho and I have won alot of races with my Mugans MTX2 and 3 pros same with the Serpent 705 and 10. All good cars. HPI builds a heck of a truck but fell short on the R40. For the money the Mongoose is the best bet. and if you got your arss handed to you with the G4 I'm thinking it wasn't the cars fault
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MTX-4-dvc00054.jpg  
Old 07-13-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HELLION
Pretty bold. Makes me think if my car was alive and saw your car on the grid it would be grinning from head light to head light. I don't remember ever having my butt handed to me by a Kyosho and I have won alot of races with my Mugans MTX2 and 3 pros same with the Serpent 705 and 10. All good cars. HPI builds a heck of a truck but fell short on the R40. For the money the Mongoose is the best bet. and if you got your arss handed to you with the G4 I'm thinking it wasn't the cars fault
Okay, let me ask you this, "If the G4/Mongoose is so great, why don't you see it in the top 10 at the national level?" The car may be great at the club level in your area, but where are you guys when it comes to competing at a higher level? The last few nitro races I read about, I saw Serpent, Mugen, and Kyosho constantly in the top 10; Ofna, Schumacher, and HPI on occasion in the top 10, but not Mongoose/G4 Magic cars anywhere.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Okay, let me ask you this, "If the G4/Mongoose is so great, why don't you see it in the top 10 at the national level?" The car may be great at the club level in your area, but where are you guys when it comes to competing at a higher level? The last few nitro races I read about, I saw Serpent, Mugen, and Kyosho constantly in the top 10; Ofna, Schumacher, and HPI on occasion in the top 10, but not Mongoose/G4 Magic cars anywhere.
How many team drivers do they have I wonder?
Old 07-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Riketsu
How many team drivers do they have I wonder?
Last time I remember counting, ZERO!!! Josh Cyrul made the Trinity Reflex competitive, but he had to make/fashion a bunch of parts to make that happen. However, we digress from the topic at hand, the new MTX-4.

Are they making it a clone of the 710? We shall see in about 2.5 months. With the new battery pack arrangement and the advent of lithium receiver packs, you can control adding battery weight to the vehicle. It is about time that the tank was moved to dead center. Will it be better than the MTX-3? Who knows right now; only time will tell. Personally, I think they should have made it a baby MRX-4, with optional body mounts so that you can run a touring body or lola body.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

At the national level, driver matters more than the chassis. As long as you have a relatively competitive chassis, it's the driver that will make a difference. Case in point, what happened at the worlds? Where are the Mugens? Is the MTX-3 not competitive? I think you know the reason why MTX-3 did not make the A is not because the car is slow but because Mugen did not send their top team out to Brazil.

I don't know many top drivers in the US that is sponsored by Team Magic to drive the G4. In fact, I don't know any. Whereas in Taiwan where G4 is made, it regularily TQ and win national races besting the RRR, 710, and MTX-3's out there. Why? cause the top drivers there are sponsored to drive the G4.
Old 07-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeffreylin
At the national level, driver matters more than the chassis. As long as you have a relatively competitive chassis, it's the driver that will make a difference. Case in point, what happened at the worlds? Where are the Mugens? Is the MTX-3 not competitive? I think you know the reason why MTX-3 did not make the A is not because the car is slow but because Mugen did not send their top team out to Brazil.

I don't know many top drivers in the US that is sponsored by Team Magic to drive the G4. In fact, I don't know any. Whereas in Taiwan where G4 is made, it regularily TQ and win national races besting the RRR, 710, and MTX-3's out there. Why? cause the top drivers there are sponsored to drive the G4.
Reason why Barry Baker is still winning with his NTC3
Old 07-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jeffreylin

I understand your point, but like I just stated earlier, how is this relavent to the MTX-4? This is suppose to be a thread discussing the MTX-4, not getting into deep discussions on the G4/Mongoose. There are already threads on this forum about that car.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

do you think MTX-4 will be making an appearance at Great Lakes Challenge in August?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.