R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2005, 02:57 AM   #166
Tech Elite
 
VenomWorldOrder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: www.RCunderground.net
Posts: 4,063
Default

i don't really think the mtx3 requires much of a change except adjustable front roll centre, adjustable top a arms, and a simpler steering ackerman adjustments.

a micro clutch would be good, but the mugen clutch is the king anyway so really no need.

NICE BUT NOT NEEDED STUFF?
-rear blade type sway bars
-a xray/serpent style clickable shock piston system would be good.

i recon they will change the spring rates as well so that people need to buy new ones.
VenomWorldOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 05:54 AM   #167
Tech Fanatic
 
HELLION's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 802
Default Die Hard

I was a diehard Mugan fan and was waiting for the MTX-4 but a few weeks ago I drove my friends G4 Mongoose and now I have two of them. I have to say I don't see Mugan toping this one and it's half the price.
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:55 AM   #168
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLION
I was a diehard Mugan fan and was waiting for the MTX-4 but a few weeks ago I drove my friends G4 Mongoose and now I have two of them. I have to say I don't see Mugan toping this one and it's half the price.
You are one of the few that has had success with that car. I tested the Team Magic G4 for three weeks at my local club track and got my butt handed to me each race day. When I moved back to my MTX-3 and R-40, I was back in the mix of the top racers. But in the long run, you will be coming back to Mugen when you get to a big race and the MTX-3/4, Serpent 710/7? (you know that they are due for a new number), and Kyoshos hand you your butt time and time again.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 09:45 AM   #169
Tech Master
 
ghoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sin City - Las Vegas
Posts: 1,721
Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)
Default

wow
__________________
R1 Wurks - ActivRC - ApexRC - P1 Brands
ghoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:10 AM   #170
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 46
Default

Is there a set date as of yet for when they are going to release this car?
R40LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:16 AM   #171
Tech Master
 
ghoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sin City - Las Vegas
Posts: 1,721
Trader Rating: 54 (98%+)
Default

why???

you already have a car Lahey......
__________________
R1 Wurks - ActivRC - ApexRC - P1 Brands
ghoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 11:06 AM   #172
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 46
Default

Yeah I know Randy, I am just curious as to when I can expect to upgrade my current car, thats all. I have laways like the Mugen line of cars, but right now I have to be a budget racer, thats why I have the car I have now.
R40LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 10:48 AM   #173
Tech Fanatic
 
HELLION's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Colorado
Posts: 802
Default OUCH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock
You are one of the few that has had success with that car. I tested the Team Magic G4 for three weeks at my local club track and got my butt handed to me each race day. When I moved back to my MTX-3 and R-40, I was back in the mix of the top racers. But in the long run, you will be coming back to Mugen when you get to a big race and the MTX-3/4, Serpent 710/7? (you know that they are due for a new number), and Kyoshos hand you your butt time and time again.
Pretty bold. Makes me think if my car was alive and saw your car on the grid it would be grinning from head light to head light. I don't remember ever having my butt handed to me by a Kyosho and I have won alot of races with my Mugans MTX2 and 3 pros same with the Serpent 705 and 10. All good cars. HPI builds a heck of a truck but fell short on the R40. For the money the Mongoose is the best bet. and if you got your arss handed to you with the G4 I'm thinking it wasn't the cars fault
Attached Thumbnails
Mugen MTX-4-dvc00054.jpg  
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:25 PM   #174
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLION
Pretty bold. Makes me think if my car was alive and saw your car on the grid it would be grinning from head light to head light. I don't remember ever having my butt handed to me by a Kyosho and I have won alot of races with my Mugans MTX2 and 3 pros same with the Serpent 705 and 10. All good cars. HPI builds a heck of a truck but fell short on the R40. For the money the Mongoose is the best bet. and if you got your arss handed to you with the G4 I'm thinking it wasn't the cars fault
Okay, let me ask you this, "If the G4/Mongoose is so great, why don't you see it in the top 10 at the national level?" The car may be great at the club level in your area, but where are you guys when it comes to competing at a higher level? The last few nitro races I read about, I saw Serpent, Mugen, and Kyosho constantly in the top 10; Ofna, Schumacher, and HPI on occasion in the top 10, but not Mongoose/G4 Magic cars anywhere.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:29 PM   #175
Tech Elite
 
Riketsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 2,514
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock
Okay, let me ask you this, "If the G4/Mongoose is so great, why don't you see it in the top 10 at the national level?" The car may be great at the club level in your area, but where are you guys when it comes to competing at a higher level? The last few nitro races I read about, I saw Serpent, Mugen, and Kyosho constantly in the top 10; Ofna, Schumacher, and HPI on occasion in the top 10, but not Mongoose/G4 Magic cars anywhere.
How many team drivers do they have I wonder?
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:45 PM   #176
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu
How many team drivers do they have I wonder?
Last time I remember counting, ZERO!!! Josh Cyrul made the Trinity Reflex competitive, but he had to make/fashion a bunch of parts to make that happen. However, we digress from the topic at hand, the new MTX-4.

Are they making it a clone of the 710? We shall see in about 2.5 months. With the new battery pack arrangement and the advent of lithium receiver packs, you can control adding battery weight to the vehicle. It is about time that the tank was moved to dead center. Will it be better than the MTX-3? Who knows right now; only time will tell. Personally, I think they should have made it a baby MRX-4, with optional body mounts so that you can run a touring body or lola body.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:45 PM   #177
Tech Elite
 
jeffreylin's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Traction Roll!
Posts: 2,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock
Okay, let me ask you this, "If the G4/Mongoose is so great, why don't you see it in the top 10 at the national level?" The car may be great at the club level in your area, but where are you guys when it comes to competing at a higher level? The last few nitro races I read about, I saw Serpent, Mugen, and Kyosho constantly in the top 10; Ofna, Schumacher, and HPI on occasion in the top 10, but not Mongoose/G4 Magic cars anywhere.
At the national level, driver matters more than the chassis. As long as you have a relatively competitive chassis, it's the driver that will make a difference. Case in point, what happened at the worlds? Where are the Mugens? Is the MTX-3 not competitive? I think you know the reason why MTX-3 did not make the A is not because the car is slow but because Mugen did not send their top team out to Brazil.

I don't know many top drivers in the US that is sponsored by Team Magic to drive the G4. In fact, I don't know any. Whereas in Taiwan where G4 is made, it regularily TQ and win national races besting the RRR, 710, and MTX-3's out there. Why? cause the top drivers there are sponsored to drive the G4.
jeffreylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:49 PM   #178
Tech Elite
 
Riketsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 2,514
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
At the national level, driver matters more than the chassis. As long as you have a relatively competitive chassis, it's the driver that will make a difference. Case in point, what happened at the worlds? Where are the Mugens? Is the MTX-3 not competitive? I think you know the reason why MTX-3 did not make the A is not because the car is slow but because Mugen did not send their top team out to Brazil.

I don't know many top drivers in the US that is sponsored by Team Magic to drive the G4. In fact, I don't know any. Whereas in Taiwan where G4 is made, it regularily TQ and win national races besting the RRR, 710, and MTX-3's out there. Why? cause the top drivers there are sponsored to drive the G4.
Reason why Barry Baker is still winning with his NTC3
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 03:49 PM   #179
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,455
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreylin
At the national level, driver matters more than the chassis. As long as you have a relatively competitive chassis, it's the driver that will make a difference. Case in point, what happened at the worlds? Where are the Mugens? Is the MTX-3 not competitive? I think you know the reason why MTX-3 did not make the A is not because the car is slow but because Mugen did not send their top team out to Brazil.

I don't know many top drivers in the US that is sponsored by Team Magic to drive the G4. In fact, I don't know any. Whereas in Taiwan where G4 is made, it regularily TQ and win national races besting the RRR, 710, and MTX-3's out there. Why? cause the top drivers there are sponsored to drive the G4.
I understand your point, but like I just stated earlier, how is this relavent to the MTX-4? This is suppose to be a thread discussing the MTX-4, not getting into deep discussions on the G4/Mongoose. There are already threads on this forum about that car.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 05:17 PM   #180
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: brooklyn ny
Posts: 460
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

do you think MTX-4 will be making an appearance at Great Lakes Challenge in August?
__________________
Alex
brooklynrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MUGEN MBX5R/MUGEN MBX5T PROSPEC/TRAXXAS RACE REVO Jason Halvorson R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 14 01-12-2008 10:32 AM
Mugen 5T Chassis, Mugen 46 Tooth Pinion, Associated Ride Height Gauge bretzkej R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 08-19-2007 06:31 PM
USA's Most Wanted FOR SALE Mugen MBX5R,Losi 8 comp, and Mugen MBX5T Prospec Truggy nobike R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 69 04-28-2007 07:45 PM
Another MTX3 prospec w lots of parts and an optional Mugen X12 w Mugen pipe Scott Fisher R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 11-21-2005 05:45 PM
drake xxx nt and mugen mst-1+extras......Looking for a kanai 2 or maybe mugen buggy [email protected] R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 5 06-30-2003 09:31 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:40 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net