R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-31-2005, 12:02 PM   #1711
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

The bulk shipment of kits and parts arrived at Mugen USA. They are starting to ship orders to distributors and hobby shops even as I type this.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:23 PM   #1712
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hopefully Revelations will ge their shipment before the race. I have heard nothing but good so far about the car. How are all of the new adjustments working out? Is anyone exploiting all of them yet?
Old 10-31-2005, 01:39 PM   #1713
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to rcfoolz

Jea3: YOU are correct. and the for JustRace: TQ was won by a serpent, I will admit that. However I might add that we are in Snake Country, so we have to let them have something....ha ha..

I'm not positive who had TQ, but I know Maxy was running strong.

As for the MTX-4. I'll run mine at Superior this weekend. I've got the diff built and setting up the second car for it. See you guys there.

The Track in Hudson is smaller than others, so I don't think the 1/8th scale cars would be a good fit to the track, but if someone wants to come to the track and check it out, I'll let them be the judge. I know that it will make a good track for the electric, but if running nitro, it would be nice to add a short track to the Forgas events.
Anybody running 1/8th scale want to comment?
I know the track owner would be interested.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:41 PM   #1714
wad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wad Send a message via MSN to wad

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandeGixxer
Hopefully Revelations will ge their shipment before the race. I have heard nothing but good so far about the car. How are all of the new adjustments working out? Is anyone exploiting all of them yet?
I heard that they will be there tomorrow.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:07 PM   #1715
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rcracerdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
The bulk shipment of kits and parts arrived at Mugen USA. They are starting to ship orders to distributors and hobby shops even as I type this.
GREAT!

derbybrosracing.com
rcracerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 03:41 PM   #1716
Tech Apprentice

Question for everyone. When running a front solid axle do you run thick or thin lube in the rear? Thanks.
rc_king1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 04:07 PM   #1717
Tech Initiate

Hello!
Can you please tell me the name and the code of the servos that you are using?
Please..it's really important!THANKS!

Oh, my mtx4 (299.40) is now ok!

By now, i have at home:
-Mtx4 builted saturday afternoon
-sirio evo3 3port
-sirio WC exhaust

And i have to decide between a sanwa m11 and futaba 3pm radio! (i know these are 2 really different radios..)!
Oh..do you think that the spectrum data transission sistem is good?

Thanks, bye!
andream88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 04:11 PM   #1718
Tech Regular

What tire size do you guys use? Front and Rear? Thanks
typer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 05:37 PM   #1719
Tech Adept

Are there any more building tips? I was planing on building mine tomorrow. Also, what's with the quick-dry glue? I went through the directions and did not notice anything that need a super type glue bond.
mgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 05:53 PM   #1720
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by typer
What tire size do you guys use? Front and Rear? Thanks
We have been running them with 2.5mm split.. the last few runs we had we run the tires down almost to the wheel and the car still do whatever you wan it to do.. freaking amazing!!!!

damn good car i must say!
Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 06:36 PM   #1721
Tech Regular

Thanks vinyard. I'm planning also on a 2.5mm split. Close to 100% drive ratio.60mm front and 62.5 rear.
typer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 06:51 PM   #1722
jez
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreen
Are there any more building tips? I was planing on building mine tomorrow. Also, what's with the quick-dry glue? I went through the directions and did not notice anything that need a super type glue bond.
I guess that would be for the brake pads
jez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:05 PM   #1723
Tech Addict

The glue is for the brake pads.

For the building tips? Well here is one for ya. When I built my MTX3 Prospec, and the new MTX4, I will make sure all the lower A-Arms drop with there own weight. In other words, make sure to take the time to shave all the little burrs off the plastic. Put the lower suspension together, and lift the A-Arms. When you let go, they should drop with there own weight.

Also, I didn't like the bearings in the kit. They seemed to be lub'ed with grease. I cleaned them up, like you would do maintenance on your current car. Re-oil them, and you'll get a free rolling car right from the start.

For servos, I'm using the Futaba 9451 digital for steering, and futaba 9550 digital for the throttle.

Love the car, and plenty of people wanted to look it over at the races.

RC, thanks for the help, and I'll see you at Superior, but I'm running my MTX3 Prospec there.
Old 10-31-2005, 07:07 PM   #1724
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jea3
The glue is for the brake pads.

For the building tips? Well here is one for ya. When I built my MTX3 Prospec, and the new MTX4, I will make sure all the lower A-Arms drop with there own weight. In other words, make sure to take the time to shave all the little burrs off the plastic. Put the lower suspension together, and lift the A-Arms. When you let go, they should drop with there own weight.

Also, I didn't like the bearings in the kit. They seemed to be lub'ed with grease. I cleaned them up, like you would do maintenance on your current car. Re-oil them, and you'll get a free rolling car right from the start.

For servos, I'm using the Futaba 9451 digital for steering, and futaba 9550 digital for the throttle.

Love the car, and plenty of people wanted to look it over at the races.

RC, thanks for the help, and I'll see you at Superior, but I'm running my MTX3 Prospec there.
The front and rear arms also wont drop on their own if the hex screw is tighten too much. If it doesnt drop on their own, say good bye to your suspension and say hello to the corner boards.
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:15 PM   #1725
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to MRX_joe21

The mrx-4 has a lot of steering. I had these a month ago. And somebody set up "AL" 1 degree out, And after my tire and caster swap, I was cuttung through the turns carrying a lots of speed. What impresses me most about these car is watching body react to the suspension movements keeping downforce in the car. Its really cool.
MRX_joe21 is offline   Reply With Quote