R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2003, 04:44 AM   #1321
Tech Master
 
sausage_link's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melb, Australia
Posts: 1,025
Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link
Default squizzy

ok cool thanx
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 02:12 PM   #1322
Tech Master
 
squizzytaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto NSW Australia
Posts: 1,119
Default for what its worth

I bought my wifes car (v-one-s) from this guy at our track and he regularly beat Mugens etc with it running the stock GS15R, a cvec pipe and single speed (the spur had been changed to a 43 I think) however the track was very technical and slow so massive top end held absolutely no advantage and the real trick was simply to maintain as much speed as possible through the technical sections. I did really well on this track as well, in fact it would be fair to say that v-one-s' dominated in all classes they ran in.

gt

Attached Images
File Type: jpg trophies.jpg (42.6 KB, 77 views)
squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 03:41 PM   #1323
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 585
Default

You're a show off squizz !

I'd post the pics of my trophies, but my digi cam doesn't work .
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 08:19 PM   #1324
Tech Adept
 
phildee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Geelong, Vic, Australia
Posts: 191
Send a message via ICQ to phildee
Default

A stock V1S would beat a GV with a 4wd drive kit wouldn't it? (has the standard force 12 motor) cos I keep laughing at my friend that has one that im gonna kick his ass as soon as I can use mine, so itll be really embarrasing if it wont
phildee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 08:32 PM   #1325
Tech Master
 
squizzytaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto NSW Australia
Posts: 1,119
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by phildee
A stock V1S would beat a GV with a 4wd drive kit wouldn't it? (has the standard force 12 motor) cos I keep laughing at my friend that has one that im gonna kick his ass as soon as I can use mine, so itll be really embarrasing if it wont
There is no-way any GV is gonna get near a v-one-s unless someone put in a jp black or something ridiculous like that, however a gv is inferior also in the suspension/centre of gravity/steering/durability stakes.................................in fact really they are a turd with wheels regardless of what they say in racing lines woops i mean "GV Monthly Reveiw"



gt

Attached Images
File Type: jpg lolabody4602.jpg (34.5 KB, 64 views)
squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 08:59 PM   #1326
Tech Adept
 
phildee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Geelong, Vic, Australia
Posts: 191
Send a message via ICQ to phildee
Default

Thats What I wanted to hear

Why does everyone put cable ties on thier heatsink's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new car.jpg (87.2 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by phildee; 02-15-2003 at 09:02 PM.
phildee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2003, 10:40 PM   #1327
Tech Regular
 
NitroNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 303
Default

heatsink=no scratch when flipped.
NitroNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 12:26 AM   #1328
Tech Adept
 
ChrisO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 227
Send a message via AIM to ChrisO Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisO
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by squizzytaylor
why haha?

gt

i was laughing at working
ChrisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 12:29 AM   #1329
Tech Adept
 
ChrisO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 227
Send a message via AIM to ChrisO Send a message via Yahoo to ChrisO
Default Re: for what its worth

Quote:
Originally posted by squizzytaylor
I bought my wifes car (v-one-s) from this guy at our track and he regularly beat Mugens etc with it running the stock GS15R, a cvec pipe and single speed (the spur had been changed to a 43 I think) however the track was very technical and slow so massive top end held absolutely no advantage and the real trick was simply to maintain as much speed as possible through the technical sections. I did really well on this track as well, in fact it would be fair to say that v-one-s' dominated in all classes they ran in.

gt

yeah engine power isnt raly too important anymore to me, i won pro class today with a cx12ps2, against rs12s3's and a jps3
ChrisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 01:30 AM   #1330
Tech Adept
 
xGSiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 230
Default

my friend just got his V-One S today.
We followed break-in procedures. The car is going awesome.
Can't wait to see a V1S with 2 speed transmission.

Im going to get mine soon, with a Vauxhall Astra body

Anyway, how hot is the heatsink suppose to be? Around 80c-90c acceptable? For the GS15R engine.

Also, one last thing, im planning to use 10% nitro when i first break in my engine, you think it would be alrite?
xGSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 01:50 AM   #1331
Tech Master
 
squizzytaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto NSW Australia
Posts: 1,119
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by xGSiR
my friend just got his V-One S today.
We followed break-in procedures. The car is going awesome.
Can't wait to see a V1S with 2 speed transmission.

Im going to get mine soon, with a Vauxhall Astra body

Anyway, how hot is the heatsink suppose to be? Around 80c-90c acceptable? For the GS15R engine.

Also, one last thing, im planning to use 10% nitro when i first break in my engine, you think it would be alrite?
The heatsinks run at between 210-260f

10% should be fine, make sure you keep it rich for the first few tanks and dont rev the sh!t out of it.

gt

squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 01:54 AM   #1332
Tech Master
 
squizzytaylor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto NSW Australia
Posts: 1,119
Default Re: Re: for what its worth

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisO
yeah engine power isnt raly too important anymore to me, i won pro class today with a cx12ps2, against rs12s3's and a jps3
We used to piss ourselves laughing at the frustration of those who had Mugens with MT12's trying to get away fron a v-one-s, only to go wide on the last corner and lose position. I will say however that the suspension setup on that car was so perfect that I have never altered it, regardless of how I run the other two cars.

gt

squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:14 AM   #1333
Tech Adept
 
xGSiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 230
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by squizzytaylor
The heatsinks run at between 210-260f

10% should be fine, make sure you keep it rich for the first few tanks and dont rev the sh!t out of it.

gt

Is there anywhere i could make a conversion from Fahrenheit to C temperature?
xGSiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:39 AM   #1334
Tech Master
 
sausage_link's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melb, Australia
Posts: 1,025
Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link
Default

my v1s with no mods accept the pipe, which i modified keeps up with my mates fully hoped up GV, it has a 2 speed and a new pipe, i should be able to beat him if he didnt always jump the damn start, the only time i lose is in top speed coz he has the 2 speed, but getting there its either neck and neck or im in front
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 02:59 AM   #1335
Tech Master
 
sausage_link's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Melb, Australia
Posts: 1,025
Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by phildee
Thats What I wanted to hear

Why does everyone put cable ties on thier heatsink's
damn that looks great phildee! i wish mine had of turned out that good, but its ok im getting another skyline body soon
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All my FS in this thread Vincent_666 Australia For Sale/Trade 11 06-30-2007 03:13 AM
HK for sale thread/wanted to buy thread....finally Got Xray? Hong Kong Racing 1 04-06-2006 09:37 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:40 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net