or arnt i

Old 02-08-2003, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Default top speed

Originally posted by Brett
its not heaps quick its a dog

ha u still recon it does 75 ??? or have u stoped dreaming yet
ahahahah
The top speed I thought would be about right, but that would be based on a perfect conditions, humid, cool and a perfectly tuned engine and probably with a tuned pipe.
Its worth remembering that the cars that advertise 50mph out of the box etc are not capable of doing that speed in thier standard form, they require different gearing, higher nitro fuels and straights so-long that dont exist to achieve them!

gt

Old 02-08-2003, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

rember this is a dead stock v1s no 2 speed even

and u's think it does 75k

we had v1rr's with jp s3's with really quite low geraing where strugeling for 80-84k

how the helll is a single speed v1s gunna do 75 with every thing stock running on 20%nitro

Old 02-08-2003, 10:59 PM
Tech Master

rember this is a dead stock v1s no 2 speed even

and u's think it does 75k

we had v1rr's with jp s3's with really quite low geraing where strugeling for 80-84k

how the helll is a single speed v1s gunna do 75 with every thing stock running on 20%nitro

Its taken me all day to do this so you bastards better appreciate it! I was out by 10kph.......not too bad. I based the equation on a maximum rpm of 25000 and the standard gearing of the v-one-s being 7.26(out of the box). Wheel/tyre diameter is 63mm which will reflect take off and sorex tyres (my foams are currently 63.9 mm. The top speed here would be dramatically changed by an upgraded engine and the addition of a two-speed. The terminal sppeds shown here would be slightly effected by the addition of a tuned pipe however the effect would be more noticed as acceleration rather than terminal speed.

gt

Attached Thumbnails V-ONE S Thread-v-one-sgearingrpmchart.jpg  
Old 02-08-2003, 11:19 PM
Tech Regular

yeah well done but still on paper anything is gunna look quicker than what it really is, u gotta think of it weight and its friction in the drive line

well we would of know if matt hadnet of dogged it when we had the radar gun at berkly

bit scared hey

i recon it would be lucky to do 50-55
Old 02-08-2003, 11:29 PM
Tech Master

yeah well done but still on paper anything is gunna look quicker than what it really is, u gotta think of it weight and its friction in the drive line

well we would of know if matt hadnet of dogged it when we had the radar gun at berkly

bit scared hey

i recon it would be lucky to do 50-55
I agree about the weight/friction etc and thats why I also based the rpm at a conservative rate. But the big point here is that without a radar gun it is impossible to gain an accurate idea of what speed your doing. Ive driven cars that were so easy to drive you think you must be putting down really good lap times but the lie detector tells you your 1sec slower than normal. And visa-versa ive driven pigs that were putting down really good lap times.
On the track, telling the difference between 40-50kph, 50-60kph and so-on is bloody hard and at best a poor guess. Using the traffic on the road is also not too good as I dont know about you guys but ive never sat exactly on the speed limit in my life.
The nearsest way to really telling is to put 2 lines 60ft apart and time it ( ill get the equation and post it) but even then its only as accurate as the stopwatch operator.

gt

Old 02-09-2003, 01:35 PM
Tech Addict

I'm getting a 2-speed but I don't know if you need to buy anything else to use it apart from the actual 2-speed itself.

Also, what are the part #s for the parts (I dunno what they're called ) to change the gearing on it.

And I take it you don't need the normal clutch bells!?
Old 02-09-2003, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by V-One S Racer
I'm getting a 2-speed but I don't know if you need to buy anything else to use it apart from the actual 2-speed itself.

Also, what are the part #s for the parts (I dunno what they're called ) to change the gearing on it.

And I take it you don't need the normal clutch bells!?
Assuming you still have the gs15r, the two speed kit is all you need.

gt

Old 02-09-2003, 08:44 PM
Tech Addict

What about the pinion thingies (The actual gears, I dunno what they're called) to change the gearing.... you'd have to buy some of them separately would'n ya? Or does it come with others?

I'm not sure if you answered it when you said the 2-speed kit is all I'll need .
Old 02-09-2003, 11:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by V-One S Racer
What about the pinion thingies (The actual gears, I dunno what they're called) to change the gearing.... you'd have to buy some of them separately would'n ya? Or does it come with others?

I'm not sure if you answered it when you said the 2-speed kit is all I'll need .
The kit comes with 2 pinions and 2 spur gears, you can buy other pinion and spur gears but the std 2 speed gears are pretty good for 90% of tracks.

gt

Old 02-09-2003, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by squizzytaylor
I agree about the weight/friction etc and thats why I also based the rpm at a conservative rate. But the big point here is that without a radar gun it is impossible to gain an accurate idea of what speed your doing. Ive driven cars that were so easy to drive you think you must be putting down really good lap times but the lie detector tells you your 1sec slower than normal. And visa-versa ive driven pigs that were putting down really good lap times.
On the track, telling the difference between 40-50kph, 50-60kph and so-on is bloody hard and at best a poor guess. Using the traffic on the road is also not too good as I dont know about you guys but ive never sat exactly on the speed limit in my life.
The nearsest way to really telling is to put 2 lines 60ft apart and time it ( ill get the equation and post it) but even then its only as accurate as the stopwatch operator.

gt

Thats true about messuring top speed next to a road, considering most people go above the speed limit.

i can keep up with cars on the road next to my house and the limit there is 70kph

and i keep up easy, i even beat them

but still thats not an accurate way of reading it

me and a mate where thinking about attaching a bike speedo to the car, put the little magnet thingy on the wheel but it didnt have a settting for that smaller diameter
Old 02-09-2003, 11:59 PM
Tech Master

i had the worst run this weekend

i was driving my car on the near by netball courts, all of a sudden the radio cuts out, im like WTF? next thing i no the car is heading full throttle into a fence, it flipped on the grass hit the wire fence and landed upside down, no damage accept for a couple of cracks and a dogbone popping out... then i got all that sorted out and the doggy kept falling out coz the sponge that was inside the little hole fell out so i had to put some fuel tube in, then i started driving again and my bloody manifold came loose, there was a 1mm gap, i had to take the engine off and screw it back in (im doing all this while im at the netball courts)

but other than that the car went sweet, so ive decided im going to get a fail safe and some universals

whats the part number for the universals? (i had dogbones now) they chatter to much

and can u guys recommend a good failsafe that will work with a futuba AM stick radio
Old 02-10-2003, 12:15 AM
Tech Addict

Have a cry sausage !

My car preparation's gone a bit rusty over the summer, had a few little niggles racing yesterday.... other than that it was good.
Old 02-10-2003, 02:36 AM
Tech Master

j/k
Old 02-10-2003, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Default Poor sausage

Originally posted by sausage_link
i had the worst run this weekend

i was driving my car on the near by netball courts, all of a sudden the radio cuts out, im like WTF? next thing i no the car is heading full throttle into a fence, it flipped on the grass hit the wire fence and landed upside down, no damage accept for a couple of cracks and a dogbone popping out... then i got all that sorted out and the doggy kept falling out coz the sponge that was inside the little hole fell out so i had to put some fuel tube in, then i started driving again and my bloody manifold came loose, there was a 1mm gap, i had to take the engine off and screw it back in (im doing all this while im at the netball courts)

but other than that the car went sweet, so ive decided im going to get a fail safe and some universals

whats the part number for the universals? (i had dogbones now) they chatter to much

and can u guys recommend a good failsafe that will work with a futuba AM stick radio
Venom failsafes are good about $50.00
Part # is 695015 in genuine kyosho.

gt

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.