R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 05-23-2005, 07:00 PM   #4501
Tech Regular

I'm not sure, I never tried another engine in the VoneS. Just saying that they aren't the same as Kyoshos
3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 07:12 PM   #4502
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3434
I'm not sure, I never tried another engine in the VoneS. Just saying that they aren't the same as Kyoshos
gotcha
tiNtiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 12:44 AM   #4503
Tech Adept

definitely 4mm would not fit on 3mm. . .
i think 3mm would be enough to hold your new engine. . .it would be overkill to install 4 mm screw * at the same time you have to oversized the thread from your engine mount. . unless you can get an engine mount with 4mm size hole you wouldnt need for oversizing. . .
Old 05-24-2005, 10:46 AM   #4504
Tech Rookie

yea i meausured the 3mm on the chassis, but its fine i found the 3mm engine mounts...
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/produc...oducts_id=3384
Old 05-24-2005, 02:44 PM   #4505
Tech Adept

thats great tintin. .
have you decided already what engine will you buy. ..
Goodluck. ..
Old 05-24-2005, 02:46 PM   #4506
Tech Rookie

yeaa im gona go with the CX12P with rotary carb. jus gota save up, then find it
Old 06-06-2005, 11:54 PM   #4507
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to bugoy21

finally my 2 speed gear just came into mail! but im wondering how should i remove the clutch bell? do i need to remove the whole engine i tried turning the screw out but it wont work becuz of the flywheel turning in..
bugoy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 01:42 AM   #4508
Tech Adept

Quote:
finally my 2 speed gear just came into mail! but im wondering how should i remove the clutch bell? do i need to remove the whole engine i tried turning the screw out but it wont work becuz of the flywheel turning in..
You dont need to detach the whole engine, you just need a monkey wrench. or any pliers that would hold the flywheel.

JUst hold the flywheel with the pliers and screw out the hex scrw.. be sure to tighten it when you put it back..
bulletdays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 08:14 AM   #4509
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to bugoy21

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletdays
You dont need to detach the whole engine, you just need a monkey wrench. or any pliers that would hold the flywheel.

JUst hold the flywheel with the pliers and screw out the hex scrw.. be sure to tighten it when you put it back..

Ok bro thanks for the quick reply
bugoy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 04:40 PM   #4510
Tech Adept

bugoy21

Just A tip. . .

if your having difficulty on removing and tightening your 3x8mm screw ( screw for clutchbell). you can replace it with 3x8mm Cap screw. (with allen head). With this, you can remove & tighten with not so much effort. ( especially during maintenance of your clutch shoe).
Old 06-14-2005, 06:23 AM   #4511
Tech Initiate

Default My New V-one Siii

Just built my new SIII....OH why have I been poring money into my SII to try and match this performance. With just running in the engine (very light on throttle) I managed to beet my average lap time by 1.5 seconds at my local track.

Compared to my SII with Nova cx12p the stock SIII is absolutely great...Easier to drive, great turn in on corners with a faster lap time. Looking at the difference the SIII puts the power down sooo much better than my SII, foams will last 100% longer. My SII was heavy (had lots of 3racing bits hanging off it). I now realise what a mess you can make of a car with stupid upgrades.

My SII had 4mm chassis, front blade sways, rear sway, front one-way, carbon top plate (battery & receiver under side of plate), v-one-r 3-racing rear suspension, v-one-R shocks, alum pulleys etc etc.....

Not sure about the SIII spool diff...(basically direct drive of front wheels, no diff). The only thing I would buy is anything that would lighten my ride significantly and maybe later a sway bar, however want to try and squeeze what I can out of the stock setup.

In hindsight I stuffed my SII by adding weight with the 3-racing stuff and shocks too stiff...Although it did look great

Sell your SII and buy the SIII

cheers
Bad Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:59 PM   #4512
Tech Rookie

Default V-One S part numbers

Hi Guys,

Here's an easy one for all you V-One S owners. Can someone give me the part number of the receiver compartment door? The extended one, not the flush one. Better still anyone have a spare they want to part with?

Cheers,
Sean
Tomcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:44 AM   #4513
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Engine

Hi guys,

Just thinking of changing my current stock engine with a better one or maybe even racing. But due to still in NS so can't really get a engine which cost too much. So wonder do you guy got any suggen of engine i can get. I dont mind 2rd hand. But hope it will not cost too high like 2-3 hundred..

thank..
Kyosho_GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:42 AM   #4514
Tech Initiate

TOMCAT
the part number is vz032
that part number covers all the reciever compartment parts, both doors, the reciever holder and the compartment back
MisterLister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 05:02 AM   #4515
Tech Adept

Default Kyosho_GTR

Quote:
Just thinking of changing my current stock engine with a better one or maybe even racing. But due to still in NS so can't really get a engine which cost too much. So wonder do you guy got any suggen of engine i can get. I dont mind 2rd hand. But hope it will not cost too high like 2-3 hundred..
I suggest you get an .12OS TR w/slide carb... cheap and fast enough...
bulletdays is offline   Reply With Quote