R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-26-2004, 02:46 AM   #4201
Tech Initiate

Unhappy

i dont have the piece of paper that came with it it came with the car when i got it as a gift it says 43 on the gear.
PhiLLaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 03:00 AM   #4202
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to dazza

Phillay,
This is the part you need/want

39721-01

43T at Tower Hobbies

Regards
Dazza
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 03:06 AM   #4203
Tech Initiate

oh kewlies

thanks alot mate
Old 04-26-2004, 03:24 AM   #4204
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Thunder racer
Hey people

My Mates got a VoneS and wants to know what he has to get to put a SG Crank type engine in it. We got the pipe and the Engine Mounts all we need is a Part # for a Clutch that will fit on a SG Crank and go into a VoneS with the same type of gear mesh.

PLZ HELP

Thanks
Hey man im not 100% sure but i believe that you can not use ANY SG crank on the VoneS, as you will have trouble meshing up the pinion gears with the 2 speed gears. But i think what people do is they buy an engine that they can change the crank to a short standard threaded crank and then put that in the vones. I was gonna do this!!! but i thought to myself why bother? when i can just hunt for a mtx-3 or RRevo with a good engine in it.

And phillay how was the track today? wet? and yes you only need to replace the 1st spur gear.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:03 AM   #4205
Tech Initiate

hey brain the track was dry as, i kept on hitting the sidewalls cause of my tyres, on the main straght the car goes striaght but on the striaght thats on the far side of the track it steers to the left a bit, i need some decent tyres i probably get rubber tyres cause there are some nice looking wheels u can get with it. there was this kid and his dad and the dad had a v1rr but it kepted on stalling and i was having a go with the kid and his v1s i was beating him every turn until the car came to a stop and yeah the gear was all chewed up
Old 04-26-2004, 06:08 AM   #4206
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey was the kid driving a red supra with the vones?
Old 04-26-2004, 07:19 AM   #4207
Tech Adept

Can anyone tell me more about the sg crank and other variations?
ben1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 07:54 AM   #4208
Tech Initiate

i dunno what car it is BT i dont think its a red supre tho heheh
Old 04-26-2004, 07:58 AM   #4209
Tech Adept

Does anyone here play vone in Singapore? I need some help to get started.
ben1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 06:12 AM   #4210
Tech Apprentice

Anybody know where to get the Anderson/Eagle pipe for the GS15R on the V1S?

This pipe was mentioned on page 31
elim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:46 AM   #4211
Tech Apprentice

Default V One SII (SG)

Hey Ben.. Check ure PM

Cheers

Confused R/C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:22 AM   #4212
Tech Addict

Can i get some info on the VoneS (SG) PLZ I need to get a SG setup for my mates VoneS.

PLZ Help
Thunder racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:14 AM   #4213
Tech Apprentice

Default Hop Ups

Hi all,

Well i just thought that I might post the hop ups I added to my SII and the diffrence it made to my car... I dont run a shop so I'm not endorsing any of the brands mentioned. Just how they performed for my own driving skills..(Not that spectacular i must add)

Bought a stock SII with a Sanwa (Airtronics) Blazer
After running in decided to change the oil in the shocks from stock to 6000Wt Silicon. Also changed the springs to Kyosho Yellow infront(Hard) and green rear(medium)

Added the front and rear stabilizers.. Gold bars infront (Hard) Silver rear(Soft)... Car was not too twitchy. LHS calims that my suspecsion is way too hard but I kinda like the way it feels and handles.

next thing I got was a JPL turbo pipe. Using stock manifold Just the pipe. Car seemed faster than my friends stock. next thing to go in was a 2 speed. Car went ballistic. I seriously think the 2 speed is the biggest hop up you can do to a car. Changed all tyres to foam and got the rear extension kit to fit the wider tyres at the rear. (if you dont do this, when you buy spares you have to get 2 pairs of front tires and the rear is wider) Duh....

Found the steering not responding as I would like it with the 2 speed on.... so after consulting numerous net gurus.. the answer was to upgrade the radio... So in went a MX3... Steering has improved greatly with better servos the MX3 has to offer....

Dued to my driving skills got the car banged up a few times and losing dogbones.. So the next upgrade universal joints up front... The rears were out of stock...

Last hop up I did was to buy the titanium middle and rear shafts.. dont really need them... bought them on impulse I guess. Yet to play it since as I am bz with werk.. However with the tensioner on, the free rolling effect does seem to be a tad bit stiffer....

Im still playing with cones to better my turning and handling of the car but I do go down to the local track at times with a friend to practise as well... Maybe the next hop up would be change the front n rear to fit a lola body (I love those bodies as compared to GT bodies) and I might add on some threaded aluminiun shocks.. Chances are I wont get the Kyosho ones.. Way to expensive for a set of 4 (SG$100++)

As for an engine upgrade..... Ill think abt it when my GS15 says enuff is enuff.. (Anyway car is way too fast for me to handle well at the moment)

Anyone else with their Hop up list to share?

Old 04-28-2004, 02:31 AM   #4214
Tech Apprentice

Default Driving skills

Came across this place. Quite good if you want to practise ure driving..

Driving skills
Old 04-28-2004, 07:00 AM   #4215
Tech Apprentice

How do you guys manage to keep your car clean ? It's so dirty with foams. I'm thinking of using rubbers but I think they are dirty also.

Maybe I have to create some mudflaps or something :P
elim is offline   Reply With Quote