R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-19-2004, 06:50 AM   #4141
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to dazza

Has anyone used the Aluminum Brake Stopper W/ 19T Pulley part number V1E-014 on a V-One S/SII. I think i need another part to install it but not real sure
the part i am thinking is the Pulley Spacer part number KV-027

These are 3Racing hopup parts.

Any help/thoughts would be good

Daz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg v1e014.jpg (30.7 KB, 85 views)
dazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 06:56 AM   #4142
Tech Apprentice

a pic of the Pulley Spacer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kv027.jpg (26.1 KB, 68 views)
Old 04-19-2004, 06:57 AM   #4143
Tech Apprentice

yet another pic to help me

I wish i could work out how to attach more than one pic at a time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kv027_c.jpg (24.7 KB, 71 views)
Old 04-19-2004, 06:59 AM   #4144
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i dont think the FW-05S is bad at all but for that extra 200 i believe its not worth it. I believe the VoneS II is still pretty new... i hope someone can correct me on this. but if you can get the VoneS as its cheaper than the II and dont worry about the upper plate! and dont worry about the slide carb etc..etc... the kit is fine as it is. you can worry about a slide carb when you have enough money to upgrade to a novarossi engine. dont let little small detials get to you. you can be like everyone else on the track and have this and that. just worry about getting the car and then building it and then making it handle like its on rails and then make it go faster
Old 04-19-2004, 07:01 AM   #4145
Tech Adept

So vones2 for an intermediate user is good match?
i dont want to regret like - "hey, i could have added a little more money to get a better car"
ben1112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:03 AM   #4146
Tech Master

have you driven on your local track with a nitro car yet? if so then i suggest you save up and get a RR evo as im almost ready to upgrade right now and i've only had the VoneS for like 3 weeks.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:07 AM   #4147
Tech Adept

I have not raced on the track yet... No car..
That is exactly what is holding me back... i dont want a car that i can outgrow very fast and then have to change to a more competitive car... the rr kit needs a motor and i dont have a decent one while the fw05s has one... btw is it recommended to get a stock car than upgrade to racing spec?(due to cost restriction and maybe the car will have to take some punishment initially)
Old 04-19-2004, 07:10 AM   #4148
Tech Apprentice

I was told at a hobby shop in sydney that the V One S is obselete, which make sense because I couldn't find info for it at kyosho.com.jp, only V One S II. However this model (VoneS) is still available and it is cheaper, being a real newbie I decided that this would be perfect for me. I mean BrainTeased would probably think this is more than enough for me since he calls me a waster because I will use this car for bashing, not racing at the tracks. lol.

I would of went with the V One S II, better designs I heard, however one key thing that turned me off from it, is the primer. People say that the primer may be the cause of air leaks, or it may not. I took this a con against the car. I was told that you're able to remove the primer anyway.

It's entirely upto you, but like what BrainTeased has told me, just get the cheaper one, hehe.

But if you have the spare dosh and the fact that you have experienced nitro before then I guess it's best now that the other people should take over and provide opinions on that model you have got an eye on. hehe.

P.S: The above is entirely my opinion, it may be wrong, it may be right, :P

Luis: Thanks, I will be looking forward to your 'Nitro tuning for dummies' explanation lol
elim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 07:13 AM   #4149
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ben1112
I have not raced on the track yet... No car..
That is exactly what is holding me back... i dont want a car that i can outgrow very fast and then have to change to a more competitive car... the rr kit needs a motor and i dont have a decent one while the fw05s has one... btw is it recommended to get a stock car than upgrade to racing spec?(due to cost restriction and maybe the car will have to take some punishment initially)
have you at least practice on the track yet? as you said you have played with a few nitro cars in the past. the FW05S has the same engine as the VoneS ... so dont go thinking that the FW05-S is some sort of race chassis. Also where are you from? if in NSW i can put you through to someone who can sell you a RR evo kit for cheaper than the shops. its not worth turning a VoneS into a race spec car i think... not to sure im trying to figure that out as well but i would never go overboard all im looking at now is getting a faster engine, but i've been told tonite by a guy at my local track that he can modify my GS-15R that will make it much faster then stock condition. all i have to do is change my con-rod regularly.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:14 AM   #4150
Tech Adept

I have a little experience..... owned a lousy kyosho...... and now o need a competitive car. For you, you could have just change the tank, with is such a small portion of the car... if your wife had a mole on her privates, im sure you wont be turned off right....

So... my choice is between v1s2,kw05,and v1rr rubber ver.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:16 AM   #4151
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by BrainTeased
have you at least practice on the track yet? as you said you have played with a few nitro cars in the past. the FW05S has the same engine as the VoneS ... so dont go thinking that the FW05-S is some sort of race chassis. Also where are you from? if in NSW i can put you through to someone who can sell you a RR evo kit for cheaper than the shops. its not worth turning a VoneS into a race spec car i think... not to sure im trying to figure that out as well but i would never go overboard all im looking at now is getting a faster engine, but i've been told tonite by a guy at my local track that he can modify my GS-15R that will make it much faster then stock condition. all i have to do is change my con-rod regularly.
It was in the past, now i am back, carless(sold) and i have brought another friend along... i live in singapore.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:28 AM   #4152
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ben1112
I have a little experience..... owned a lousy kyosho...... and now o need a competitive car. For you, you could have just change the tank, with is such a small portion of the car... if your wife had a mole on her privates, im sure you wont be turned off right....

So... my choice is between v1s2,kw05,and v1rr rubber ver.
If my wife had a mole on her private parts it will still turn me on as shes my wife and for her to be my wife must mean i love her dearly. so your wrong their like i said drop the idea of the FW05 unless you want a shaft driven car only. get a vones as you dont have any experience on the track. a vone RR will cost you too much to get running. as you will need a starter box as well.
Old 04-19-2004, 07:30 AM   #4153
Tech Apprentice

get a black marker and make a butterfly out of the mole
lol
Old 04-19-2004, 07:30 AM   #4154
Tech Adept

Okok... is vonesII parts vanishing soon? I have heard good coments on the fw05.... i cant afford to lose out to my friend... i think he is buying the fw5
Old 04-19-2004, 07:39 AM   #4155
Tech Apprentice

lol it's the worst when you have friends who wants to compete with you.

P.S: In regards to the fuel brand I've mentioned before, it's not Probilo, it's PRO GLOW, LOL. The guy on the other side of the phone was quite buzzy when I first heard it. Anyone have any experiences with this fuel ?