yeah my stock v1s
keeps up with my mates fully hopped up GV
it had 2 speed, sway bars, adjust shocks, tuned pipe
i dont beat him coz he has 2 speed but i keep up with him
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 05:41 AM   #392
Tech Addict

Default Kyosho Rubbers

Have any of you guys ever run your V-One S with the Kyosho rubbers?

I had been running Sorex tyres for the past few race meetings and as soon as I got on the track with the Kyosho tyres on there was a difference. The car has heaps more grip and is more stable at all speeds.

I highly recommend you try a set .
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 01:22 PM   #393
Tech Master

Default v one s

re kyosho rubbers.
Ive run the stock tyres on a couple of occasions(primarily for running in) and didnt find them much good at all !(ive got heaps of these kicking around(some mounted).....might be going cheap!)

The sorex is a good tyre , however Ive found it is very heat sensitive and now carry 28.32,36 and 40s with me for racing and run the most appropriate combination on the day.

gt

squizzytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 04:08 PM   #394
Tech Addict

I don't mean the kit tyres, I mean the ones you buy separately.

All the top racers of V-One S's in my area use them. They are a little more expensive, around $27.50.

I'm running- Front: 92902-40
Rear: 92902-35

Try a set and you won't regret it .
Old 12-03-2002, 05:35 PM   #395
Tech Master

Default tyres

are they as high-profile as the kit ones or similar in profile to the sorex's etc?

gt

Old 12-03-2002, 07:07 PM   #396
Tech Initiate

hey squizz did u race again? like not just test but like relly race? n e ways if u did wat were the results did the v-one-rr perform good? squizz i jus got my engine 2 week ago and since u have a novarrossi on ur v-one-s u must have needed a different engine mount cause the engine i got is the sts rs 12 and has the same mounting as the os 12 tr do u know the part number for this engine mount because the gs 15 r has 3 allignment holes at the bottom for the engine mounting plate some help plz?
tagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 09:00 PM   #397
Tech Addict

Default Re: tyres

Quote:
Originally posted by squizzytaylor
are they as high-profile as the kit ones or similar in profile to the sorex's etc?

gt

The Kyosho tyres are smaller than the kit ones, I think the kit ones are 26mm. They are the same size as the Sorex tyres you'd have (24mm), the main difference is the massive amount of grip I've been able to get from them, just by swapping the tyres from Sorex to Kyosho .
Old 12-03-2002, 09:51 PM   #398
Tech Addict

What do you think the first mod I should get for my V-One S should be?

I'm thinking a 2-speed but in Victoria we have a special class of racing called VORTEC. There are 4 classes: Stock, Pro Stock, Sport and Pro.

The specs for the classes are as follows:

Stock - Kit Pull Start Engine only, Single speed (Clutch pinion open), Rubber tyres.

Pro Stock - Kit Pull Start Engine or Non Pull Start up to .12, Single Speed (clutch pinion open), Rubber or Foam tyres, Any suspension/chassis upgrades.

Sport - Pull start engine only, Two Speed transmission, Rubber Tyres, Any suspension/chassis upgrades.

Pro - Any Pull Start Engine or Non Pull Start up to .12, Two Speed Transmission, Rubber or Foam tyres, Any suspension/chassis upgrades.

I am currently running in Stock class and have got my head around driving. I have won the Stock class championship for my club too. Now, like everyone, I'm after more speed .

If I got the two speed then I'd have to race with the Pro boys because we never have anyone running in Sport which shits me! I'd never make the final with a V-One S and 2-speed because there's usually about 15 people running Pro cars and we only have one final (10 people).

What do I do????
Old 12-03-2002, 10:48 PM   #399
Tech Master

Default hello

Tagi, got rained out last weekend..... Tamiya engine mounts will get the engine in and you have a choice of the cast ones or the heatsink type , You will also need a (kyosho FD49) flywheel to space up the clutchbell correctly.

V-one s racer.
If thats the way you want to go I would recomend a good tuned pipe anywhere from $40-140 its up to you, a good airfilter is also a good move, I use a motorsaver and swear by them (about $20-30). Eagle do a pipe for around $60-70 that is actually the same one trinity market in the US, not the strongest in the world but certainly a good top end performer.

gt

Old 12-04-2002, 12:51 AM   #400
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link

Oh thats your ryan i thought you where someone else
I want 2 speed to
But when i do get around to racing i dont want to have to race in sport.
Is there many people in the sport class at Lilydale?

Last edited by sausage_link; 12-04-2002 at 01:05 AM.
Old 12-04-2002, 01:07 AM   #401
Tech Master

Isnt your pipe an eagle pipe ryan?
Old 12-04-2002, 02:30 AM   #402
Tech Master

Ok i have a delema
Ive cleaned my oneway in my pullstarter coz it kept slipping. i used metho and a bit of nitro mixed.
do i have to re oil the one way coz i didnt pull the one way apart i just poored some metho on it.
First the engine was hard to start
then it started i got it going but when i took off it just about stalled, i then let it idle as i thought it might need to get some oil into it from the engine, then it ran outta fuel so the big question here is do i need to oil the one way or will the engine provide it with oil?
or should i just buy a whole new one way?
Old 12-04-2002, 02:52 AM   #403
Tech Master

Default one-way

The engine does not supply any oil to the one-way!
Pull it down and clean it right out, only use really light oil to lube it(I use machine oil) others may have other ideas?
Why use nitro? That crap corodes just about everything it touches! I'd just use the metho and re-lube it.
Nearly all kyosho pullstarts do this by the way so dont panic.

gt

Old 12-04-2002, 04:39 AM   #404
Tech Addict

Default Squizzy & Sausage

Squizzy: I already have a different tuned pipe. It's the Eagle one and I got it for $50. It's heaps better than the kit piece of crap .

Sausage: There has only been one race meeting that I've been to that Sport class has run. I don't see why they wouldn't let you use a 2-speed in Stock class if the let an MTX-2 in Stock class. But I suppose you should stick within the guidelines for equality's sake. And hey....... you don't wanna have to cheat like them do you?
Old 12-04-2002, 01:07 PM   #405
Tech Master

Default racer

other than that, considering the rules thers's not a whole lot else you can do, perhaps time to consider a range of clutch bells with different gearing? Maybe a hop-up vespel clutch, Kyosho blue cooling head, carbon fibre top plate!

gt

ps;Ive got a carbon fibre plate going cheap but you need a v-one-r fuel tank to go with it.!