R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 03-23-2004, 03:18 AM   #3991
Tech Addict

Thumbs up New kits

I agree with all of your reasons. They are legit.

Good luck and holler if you need anything.

^5
Tom G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 02:37 AM   #3992
Tech Regular

Default message...

hey guys, just had a new V one s kit, I wanted to modified it..where should i begin?..2 speed...tires....threaded shox...or what? your comments and suggestion would be a big help..thanx!
mark david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2004, 03:47 AM   #3993
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

i just got my brand new kit 2 hours ago! gonna start building it right now!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 04:39 AM   #3994
Tech Addict

Default Re: message...

Quote:
Originally posted by mark david
hey guys, just had a new V one s kit, I wanted to modified it..where should i begin?..2 speed...tires....threaded shox...or what? your comments and suggestion would be a big help..thanx!
If you want to race, better speed range or spread, or just increase speed, start with a 2 speed tranny. Look at your tires and upgrade if you need to. If the tire grip if good enough to handle the increased speed, then you can move on.

I tend to look at the engine and what it puts out. If you have a stock engine, GS-15 I believe is what the kit comes with, you'll notice a significant improvement with someting as simple as an OS CV-R, about a 50% increase in horsepower. You'll get a bit more with a slide carb, noticing the difference in acceleration through the mid range power bands and definately in top end speed. If the kit is like the first generation, a slide carb will involve more mods to accomodate the linkage required by going from a roatry carb to a slide. That can be costly.

After that, then take a look and chasis and suspension improvements; lighter, faster and tougher.

Upgrading ultimately relies on the user or rather what is more important for the user. I start with speed ranges and/or increases on top end, move on to increasing horsepower but keeping in mind the increased speed or power don't do me any good if I can't get the car to lay it on the surface, in other words, traction, suspension and drive train. It's a balancing act.

Unfortunately, I also have to consider the toughness of the kit and its components [I run my kits pretty hard but race them much easier]. I upgrade belts and pulleys [can't go if either break/strip] and then start looking into making chasis components lighter and tougher. You can go lighter, but you can't finish a main if your light car breaks.

Finally, if you wanna make it pretty, go for it.

This should get you started on what's important to you!
Old 03-24-2004, 04:42 AM   #3995
Tech Addict

Wink New kit

Quote:
Originally posted by BrainTeased
i just got my brand new kit 2 hours ago! gonna start building it right now!!!!!!!!!!!
You go big boy!

Psst, don't celebrate your new kit by building it while having a cold beer. You are actually better off dirnking and driving your kit, versus drinking and building!

LOL LOL

Enjoy!
Old 03-29-2004, 05:47 AM   #3996
Tech Master

haha nah i dont drink tom! i use to but was never good at it. I'd go red and tipsy very fast.
Anyhow update on my VoneS! its all done!!! took me all up something like 18 hours!!!! just ran it in yesterday and took it for a spin as well just goto tune it right now my next thing is to put my 2 speed in as i was only building the kit following the manual so i wanted to leave 2 speed for later so it didnt interupt with building the kit. But before i start to put in the 2 speed i wanted to know a few things. Have you guys modded your 2 speed where you drill a hole or something and glue that small pin. i was wondering does that pin actually suppose to move? if not why the hell do we need that pin in the 2nd gear? as on that solar site it explained that you drill the hole abit wider in diameter then glue the pin in. Is this how you guys do it to? or could i just drill the hole bigger and stick a bigger/thicker pin in there?
all comments appreciated thanks!
and tom have you decided to sell your VoneG yet? lol
Old 03-29-2004, 02:56 PM   #3997
Tech Addict

Default 2 speed

I installed a two speed and really didn't have to mod it at all.

It sounds as though it has a similar two speed to the RR kit and again, no mods required on my end. Just installed as the instructions stated.

By the way, you can put a RR rear end which helps with the rear of the body adjust with the suspension; 1/8 scale cars are very similar. It provides better handling and down force.

Great for Lola bodies must a bit narrow for the Stratus and Accord.

AS far as the V One G, if I get an offer I can live with, may sell it without any electronics. I must have been distraught. LOl LOL

Good luck.
^5
Old 03-31-2004, 01:03 AM   #3998
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default 2 speed mod

the whole reason behind the mod is to prolong the life of the 2nd gear the standard pin wears out after a while of running- ive had them wear through in an A final and it was definately a downer since doing the mod i havent had a prob. the pin wears because of the cam catcher design of the 2nd gear clutch and no the pin is not meant to move the glue is just in case it goes to

stuff for sale associated 12r5 $175, team magic 1/10 pit bag $40, top racing pit bag $30, KO helios with spektrum module and 3 receivers $200, CEN CT5 $100 all are plus post
dangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2004, 02:04 AM   #3999
Tech Master

Thanks for that helpful input dangles
Tom you should keep the VoneG for show purposes
Old 03-31-2004, 06:13 AM   #4000
Tech Master

also one more question guys :P
with the exhaust silicoon coupler or whatever! if i have my exhaust pipe assembly connected right next to the header assembly basically having them 2 pieces touching each other in which this makes the exhaust system shorter, does that increase my bottem end or top end? hope you guys know what im talking about haha.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:17 PM   #4001
Tech Adept

Default Selling V One R kit NEW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=49213
US_MATRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:16 PM   #4002
Tech Addict

Quote:
also one more question guys :P
with the exhaust silicoon coupler or whatever! if i have my exhaust pipe assembly connected right next to the header assembly basically having them 2 pieces touching each other in which this makes the exhaust system shorter, does that increase my bottem end or top end? hope you guys know what im talking about haha.
If I remember right, your low to mid-range will be affected by a shorter exhaust in a positive way. However, the gap from the gasket your saving won't make that much of a notable difference.

Additionally, you really chance having both pieces welding to one another and the loss of air pressure [from a leak] may have an adverse effect, negating the increase you gained from the shortening.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:26 AM   #4003
Tech Master

ahhh ok so theres not much of a noticable difference with these engines? i guess it is only noticable with the race engines?
Old 04-02-2004, 08:58 AM   #4004
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to orangbaligila

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
If I remember right, your low to mid-range will be affected by a shorter exhaust in a positive way. However, the gap from the gasket your saving won't make that much of a notable difference.

Additionally, you really chance having both pieces welding to one another and the loss of air pressure [from a leak] may have an adverse effect, negating the increase you gained from the shortening.
actually not, the low-mid will be decreased with shorter pipe or shorter manifold (less backpressure), but the top-end will be batter

note: don't let the manifold and pipe ends toching each other, even an in-line pipe design will leave some "play" in-between

if you want to have a custom tailored pipe, please PM me. I'm making for some engine models (OS 12TR, 12CV, Nova 12S5, and more models to come) and two models are available currently for GS15 engine (V One S stock engine), low-end miximised, and top-end maximised
Old 04-02-2004, 09:14 AM   #4005
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to orangbaligila

Quote:
ahhh ok so theres not much of a noticable difference with these engines? i guess it is only noticable with the race engines?
mainly we use exhaust tuning to allow us to achieve same performance with less "agressive" carb setting,... same on both standard and race engines,... most ppl neglect this stting but it does make a difference