R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-04-2003, 06:05 PM   #3946
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link

OK
First of all i would replace the glow plug with a OS #8 plug, dont get any other type!

Try to richen your low end needle or give the car a bit more idle, when you take the air filter off and hit brake does it shut the little hole in the carb ? or is there a small amount of space, there should be at least a 1mm gap.
Dont bother with larger fuel line, i use the normal stuff and its fine, so it isnt that.
The way you prime your engine is fine, it says to do it that way in the manual, but it works better to put your finger over the exhaust outlet and pull the cord.

If these solutions dont work then you most likely have a air leak, check to see if everything is on properly.

How many tanks of fuel have you ran through the car ?
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 06:17 AM   #3947
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by sausage_link
OK
First of all i would replace the glow plug with a OS #8 plug, dont get any other type!

Try to richen your low end needle or give the car a bit more idle, when you take the air filter off and hit brake does it shut the little hole in the carb ? or is there a small amount of space, there should be at least a 1mm gap.
Dont bother with larger fuel line, i use the normal stuff and its fine, so it isnt that.
The way you prime your engine is fine, it says to do it that way in the manual, but it works better to put your finger over the exhaust outlet and pull the cord.

If these solutions dont work then you most likely have a air leak, check to see if everything is on properly.

So far zero tank, unable to get the engine to run more than 10sec, when brake is hit, there is still 1mm gap on the idle needle, i had adjust that. Will try again when free ,busy working. I thought the A3 plug are use to break in engine according to the os website?

http://www.os-engines.co.jp/english/...g/pluindex.htm

And what are the ways to check for air leak?

Last edited by levin; 12-05-2003 at 10:37 AM.
levin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 04:43 PM   #3948
Tech Master

Yeh they are used to break in engines, not all engines are the same, just use the kit glowplug or a OS #8, everyone who uses the GS-15R will tell you that the OS #8 works best
To check for an air leak you could check for oil leaking around the flywheel, you could also take the carbie off and seal were it joins to the engine with sealant, and do that to the pull starter backplate as well and check that your exhaust gasket isnt stuffed.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:46 PM   #3949
Tech Master

Another thing, are you using your GS-15R engine or the Fantom .12?
Old 12-06-2003, 05:42 AM   #3950
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Another thing, are you using your GS-15R engine or the Fantom .12?
It comes with the GS15R ,shall try using the #8 as i can see the the stock plug is already quite black on the filament. And do u mean that #8 plug is good for break-in & normal bashing.
Old 12-07-2003, 02:36 AM   #3951
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by levin
It comes with the GS15R ,shall try using the #8 as i can see the the stock plug is already quite black on the filament. And do u mean that #8 plug is good for break-in & normal bashing.
Opps sorry i was thinking of lowner v1s with his fantom .12
Anyway, just use the #8 plug for break in and normal engine running.
Old 12-21-2003, 05:32 PM   #3952
Tech Apprentice

Default UM210 Clutch

Hello people, been a bit slow lately. Does any body have a pic of the UM210 clutch? I just got one, it doesent seem to fit. my problem is it seems a lot thinner then the standard clutch. Any comments on the mod would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dishy
Dishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 06:43 PM   #3953
Tech Master

The clutch looks like this.
How doesnt it fit ?
It should just slot in, you will have to pull the clutch open a bit.
http://go.to/solaspeed
Check that site out... it has all you need to know about the v-one S and has how to install the clutch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg clutch2.jpg (8.8 KB, 109 views)
Old 12-21-2003, 09:01 PM   #3954
Tech Apprentice

I am haveing a bit of trouble making out the pictures at http://go.to/solaspeed, what is the plastic washer and e-clip. There wasn't one with the new clutch when I got it and there wasn't one already installed in the standard clutch. This seems very unlike Kyosho, everything has fitted perfectly in the past.
As far as why am I haveing trouble fitting the new clutch. It slides over the pegs easily enough but it is then about half the thickness of the old clutch and will rattle around.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:09 PM   #3955
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally posted by Dishy
I am haveing a bit of trouble making out the pictures at http://go.to/solaspeed, what is the plastic washer and e-clip. There wasn't one with the new clutch when I got it and there wasn't one already installed in the standard clutch. This seems very unlike Kyosho, everything has fitted perfectly in the past.
As far as why am I haveing trouble fitting the new clutch. It slides over the pegs easily enough but it is then about half the thickness of the old clutch and will rattle around.
The plastic washer is in fact part of a pulley. The reason this upgrade is a bit fiddly is because it's not intended for the GS15R, it was originally on the V-One R.

So you need to put the washer from a pulley on and then you need a 7mm E-Clip to hold it in place, the 5mm ones will eventually come off.
R J M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 09:16 PM   #3956
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the help guys, by the way R J M I am impressed by the little animations with your user details.

Thanks dishy
Old 12-24-2003, 03:35 PM   #3957
Tech Adept

Default New Engine

I new a Engine for my V1S either P/S or not. Any Recomand? Thanks guys
NitroJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2003, 04:26 PM   #3958
Tech Initiate

Quote:
OK

Hey, i finally have my engine running , it was due to the low speed needle which u had mention but was not mention in the kyosho manual, it was totally in the close in position, i notice that needle when i tear down the whole carb to reassmble it again what a great chrismas gift for me as i manage to run the engine on the eve

Thanks to all for the great input that u guys give
Old 01-10-2004, 06:45 PM   #3959
Tech Adept

Default Re: New Engine

Quote:
Originally posted by NitroJoe
I new a Engine for my V1S either P/S or not. Any Recomand? Thanks guys
It loks like a dead thread. Any sugg for a new engine plsss.
NitroJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:13 AM   #3960
Tech Initiate

You can get ceramic bearings and also only the ceramic balls at http://www.rc-car-exklusive.com

greets
Daniel
EXKLUSIVE is offline   Reply With Quote